Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Levels mean nothing in PvP

Soulwalker

If you're getting stomped on by people 10 levels lower than you, then you kinda need to take some time to learn to play. I've played a great build (inquisitor/justicar/sent) that I can do very well in pvp with, but people even 5 levels higher than me are a different story. My spells get resisted a lot and they hit me for a lot more than I hit them for. Sure sabs put out a LOT of damage, but they're generally glass cannons. You should be able to take more than one full stack of charges before dying, and by that time you should be able to put a LOT of hurt on them, especially as a mage. Just because 3 or 4 levels don't make you a god compared to what you were doesn't mean that it's a broken mechanic. It means that it's a different style than what you are used to. Get used to it and go pvp more.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by faction View Post
    this is you being a noob. I literally have 2000 more hp than I did 8 levels ago.
    Mages hp doesn't scale like that.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by SneakyArab View Post
    If you're getting stomped on by people 10 levels lower than you, then you kinda need to take some time to learn to play. I've played a great build (inquisitor/justicar/sent) that I can do very well in pvp with, but people even 5 levels higher than me are a different story. My spells get resisted a lot and they hit me for a lot more than I hit them for. Sure sabs put out a LOT of damage, but they're generally glass cannons. You should be able to take more than one full stack of charges before dying, and by that time you should be able to put a LOT of hurt on them, especially as a mage. Just because 3 or 4 levels don't make you a god compared to what you were doesn't mean that it's a broken mechanic. It means that it's a different style than what you are used to. Get used to it and go pvp more.
    I haven't run into 10 levels below but an 8 levels below was a sab, which I did kill, but it was a full necro spec in which I was stunned for most of the couple times I died to him, soul purge couldn't heal me fast enough neither could the pet. It took him I believe 3 rounds of charges to actually kill me, but with me not being able to do anything for most of the time, kind of has nothing to do with learning to play, especially since it takes 0 skill to play a sab.

The other instance I ran into was warrior, not sure what spec, bursting me down to 15% within the charge stun while 7 or 8 levels below, don't remember which. After the burst (I respec'd to dominator/archmage after the sab murder), I insta transmorgified and ended him, about 10 times until he cried about squirreling. Had it been only a 3 or 4 level difference, he probably would have killed me instead of just down to 15%. Being ambushed and then sitting in a stun watching yourself die has nothing to do with learning to play.

Again, most of the issue went away after respec'ing to dominator/archmage. Should I be sucked into a spec just to survive?

Missing the point of this post completely. The point is, why should players that much lower even be able to do this? Not resisting, being missed, or stuff you would normally expect by having a higher level than someone is simply not working. No one is asking to be a god, just pointing out that levels don't seem to matter and asking if others have seen this and if it is a problem, apparently it isn't as the L2P posts begin rolling in as I expected.

Again, maybe it's just mage having a level of squishiness that's unsurpassed by no one, still doesn't seem right. Which it's starting to lean toward since no one else seems to have this problem besides Mages, given the QQ in the Mage forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Dankshasta View Post
    In plate with more HP than the other archetypes, and with access to all the "tank" souls? Get real, you guys are just being morons now.
    I have a level 37 champ/Para and a level 42 assassin, at level 35 on both of my toons my assassin had more HP than the champ by quite a margin. You need to do some reading before you type bollox
    http://www.siglaunch.com/sigs/any/2/2/3/7/7/4322377PXOFX.png Only the dead have seen the end of war

In plate with more HP than the other archetypes
    Having plate and higher hp doesn't make you a tank.

Rift Master

I think the biggest problem with this game was the fact that they did not give proper indication on calling selection screen.

For warriors, I would put in big bold red letters "GOD MODE ENABLED CLASS"
    For rogues I would put "If its not a warrior its an easy kill"
    For clerics I would put "Go heals and you will be alright, just dont try to DPS"
    For mages I would put "Play this if you are a masochist and want your release to go back to graveyard button on GCD"

Then people can pick a calling based on what they want out of this game.

Champion of Telara

In plate with more HP than the other archetypes, and with access to all the "tank" souls? Get real, you guys are just being morons now. Have your month of being in God mode, or if they dont make logical balances then have your game of all warriors, or nobody to play with. It doesnt matter anymore to me, I'm only playing a Champ/RB/Reaver for the rest of the month, and I'll wait and see how they handle this. I've been loving it the last few days, but I know it's gonna be the end of a very short lived PvP game. Have fun playing all the great launch endgame content with no PvP (sarcasm)
    incorrect

a riftstalker at the same level as me has more hp and more mitigation than i do with a pure pal/vk tank spec if he is using his actives

omg op leather tnak that can dps wwtffffffff

Quote Originally Posted by pickled_heretic View Post
    incorrect

a riftstalker at the same level as me has more hp and more mitigation than i do with a pure pal/vk tank spec if he is using his actives

omg op leather tnak that can dps wwtffffffff
    You need to get a parser if you think they DPS in guardian mode. We were talking about burst dps right? So you think RS has a burst in guardian mode? My champ could use 2 buttons and have triple the dps. So my point is still pretty valid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seether View Post
    I need 900 valor, and a healer to kill Dankshasta
    "How do i pwn so good?"

DARKFALL PvP!!

Coming from a level 50 warrior. I was just attacked by a level 38 warrior/necro duo and let's just say the damage output killed me in 5 seconds. I was flamestruck for about 700+300 damage 3 times in row.

I too get knocked off my mount by level 30 mobs and if 4 are on me, I am down to about 20% life before killing them.

Damage does NOT scale properly in this game... and to have a level 10 mob knock me off my mount at level 50, and hit me for 100+ damage... something is really wrong here?

Having an extensive background in MMO's (DarkAge, AoC, WoW, Warhammer, LoL) I can have 30+ mobs on me 10 levels lower than me and go grab a drink without worries of dying. This game? Wow...

I know exactly how you feel and I wear PLATE and I am in all solid AP/CC gear.

Plane Touched

Nan Chan is an idiot thats all I'd like to add to this discussion.

Champion of Telara

You need to get a parser if you think they DPS in guardian mode. We were talking about burst dps right? So you think RS has a burst in guardian mode? My champ could use 2 buttons and have triple the dps. So my point is still pretty valid.
    lol, your point is pretty stupid

if the rogue is specced into riftstalker, he is a tank

if the warrior is specced into pal/vk/wl, he is a tank

if neither is specced like that, then they are not tanks

end of story

Soulwalker

Just because every other MMO does something one way, doesn't mean that Rift has to do it that way. Maybe Trion WANT lower level mobs to still be a threat in large numbers. Maybe they don't want to put as much emphasis on levels. Different != broken.

DJ, if you're getting lots of l2p posts... maybe you need to l2p. Misses and resists work. They're just not as frequent as they are in other games.
    SneakyArab - 3x Cleric - Inquisitor/Justicar/Sentinel - Guardian - Regulos
    SneekyArab - 1x Warrior - Void Knight/Reaver/Champion - Guardian - Regulos

Default You guys are trying to explain stuff to Dankshasta?

I'm sorry, but Dankshasta is like http://cdn3.knowyourmeme.com/i/000/1...jpg?1297940938

There is no getting through there.. Definitely the "no-spin" zone..
    Quote Originally Posted by Vember View Post
    Two things decide pvp matches right now - pure healers and champions. Both need to be toned down, neither has anything to do with whether or not there's too much cc and not enough immunity.

Quote Originally Posted by DJBro View Post
    Should I be sucked into a spec just to survive?
    Yes, all archetypes have this issue. The warriors you complain about are champions. Practically any other soul for warrior will get worked over. Same with rogues. Sab and maybe assassin are the only souls that give people problems in pvp. Its the same for mage. Dom/warlock is a pain in the *** with some really crazy stuns, control and damage.

Some specs are better for survivability and pvp. Its just how the cookie crumbles.

Quote Originally Posted by Phrostt View Post
    I think the biggest problem with this game was the fact that they did not give proper indication on calling selection screen.

For warriors, I would put in big bold red letters "GOD MODE ENABLED CLASS"
    For rogues I would put "If its not a warrior its an easy kill"
    For clerics I would put "Go heals and you will be alright, just dont try to DPS"
    For mages I would put "Play this if you are a masochist and want your release to go back to graveyard button on GCD"

Then people can pick a calling based on what they want out of this game.

This hasn't been my experience at all, and I have been doing a ton of pvp with my hybrid dps/healer cleric. I think people just need to fiddle their builds and get in some pvp practice.

Quote Originally Posted by Cryptzilla View Post
    I too get knocked off my mount by level 30 mobs and if 4 are on me, I am down to about 20% life before killing them.
    While I agree that getting knocked off your mount is annoying, and that it should be adjusted by level, I have no problem with a level 50 getting worked over good by four lower level creatures. It actually adds a likable note of realism for me.
    Last edited by Hessierlord; 03-08-2011 at 02:58 PM.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast