+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 16 to 29 of 29

Thread: Warfronts. Solved.

  1. #16
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1,775

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aacron View Post
    notice, guardians are saying - lol i love winning, no want to queue with baddies.
    and defiants are saying, less AFKers plz.. love the idea
    Guardians also ask nerf for sabs.

    Buff and heal games are just so lame. Who want to go WFs to buff and heal, ffs.

  2. #17
    Sword of Telara Vyeth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    795

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by June View Post
    Guardians also ask nerf for sabs.

    Buff and heal games are just so lame. Who want to go WFs to buff and heal, ffs.
    People who understand that, THAT is how you win the game..

    Bards.. Sabs.. Any cleric.. And maybe a Dominator.. But mainly the first 3 will win you the game.. And it's oddly convenient how the first 2 can co-exist on the same person.. So when they are not AoE healing, they are placing 1 minute charges on people, AoE healing when needed then detonate when ready..
    Quote Originally Posted by Vember View Post
    Two things decide pvp matches right now - pure healers and champions. Both need to be toned down, neither has anything to do with whether or not there's too much cc and not enough immunity.

  3. #18
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1,775

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vyeth View Post
    People who understand that, THAT is how you win the game..

    Bards.. Sabs.. Any cleric.. And maybe a Dominator.. But mainly the first 3 will win you the game.. And it's oddly convenient how the first 2 can co-exist on the same person.. So when they are not AoE healing, they are placing 1 minute charges on people, AoE healing when needed then detonate when ready..
    I could easily make some pre-made and kill all of you, in fact Ive slaughtered noobs alot in previous MMORPGs, but I try to think whats best for TW. They cant do anything really, hafl-assed PVP cant be helped really, they let it go this crap.
    Last edited by June; 03-11-2011 at 11:41 PM.

  4. #19
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    35

    Default agree

    is kind of the same solution as any other rpg i can recall wow rbg when everybody sayed just let bgs be played against same faction and problem soved.
    yeah i mean who i hell really follow the lore and is loyal to his faction i play because i want pvp action and to be efficent needs to take some of that so be it.
    if trion wants to keep both make it an option only play accordingly with each faction and queue for certain games.
    right now all complaints have a point and no change has been made. i dont know about you but...

  5. #20
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Osaka, Japan
    Posts
    143

    Default

    Like half of these replies are thread derails on heals and cc, holy cow people you are ADD. This has nothing to do with that! Learn to read before you post.

    A few people have told me they don't want to fight alongside the other faction, some for lore reasons, and some because they don't want to help bad players win. But, with the current system that's exactly what is happening. Bad guardians can be carried by their team (and because defiants have 4 afk bots on their team), and good defiants get smashed because there are twice as many guardians. If the teams are mixed really the only way to win will be to be good. Not just because your side always outnumbers the other one. Really it will highlight your skill as a player or clan, not that your faction zergs up warfronts.

    To the person who replied that you might have to face clannies if you don't group up. Ya thats true, so make a group if you don't want that. Personally I would rather fight my clannies and have fun than sit around thirty minutes in a queue. I don't think most of my clannies are so care bear as to worry about that. You lose nothing from dying, so just enjoy having a good fight against other skilled players!

    As to the point about if we started with no valor how would we gain it, hmm ya that's a good point I didn't think of that! Glad to hear the ideas coming out!

    Some have suggested making the queues across all servers, this might do a lot to help also. If there are some defiant dominating battle groups, throw them up against ours so we can get some real fights happening!
    Last edited by Shajin; 03-13-2011 at 10:54 PM.

  6. #21
    Champion of Telara
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,369

    Default

    make a third faction that is neutral?

  7. #22
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    49

    Default

    This idea would make Warfronts even MORE pointless.

    I don't want FPS gaming, where games are about ME ME ME and forgotten seconds after they're over.

    This is what makes Warfronts bad already. This idea just ups the ante into "horrible" territory.

    This is supposed to be a ROLE-PLAYING game. Where you are PART of something. A war supposedly.

    Instanced, cross-server BGs sucked dingdongs in WoW... and they suck dingdongs here. The idea is terrible in a RPG setting. Just terrible.
    Mystaquetz has taken the Red pill. Goodbye, Rift!

  8. #23
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Osaka, Japan
    Posts
    143

    Default

    Ya like I said it doesn't work with roleplaying I get that.

    However the number of players concerned with roleplaying on the normal PVP servers is pretty small.

    I can agree that warfronts are not good to begin with. I think anything instanced sucks, but this would at least help those who came to this game for PVP.

  9. #24
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,485

    Default

    Orrrrrrrrrrrrr they could just put every single server on the same warfront queues, and out of the 3 bazillions players queue'ing up there will be enough to fill a game, very fast.

    What's the point of putting like 3 servers on the same queue? Makes no sense.
    I could understand, maybe, to just put pvp with pvp ( but even then, if you want to do warfront, you're pvp'ing, so might as well put everyone together ).

  10. #25
    L A
    L A is offline
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    133

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shajin View Post
    Ya like I said it doesn't work with roleplaying I get that.
    i don't think the lore thing is that much of an issue actually. They can just come up with some reason for the two to come together for some central, temporary purpose after which they'll go back to struggling for dominance again.

    Or, would it work or even be possible to just make it harder to tell that your teammates are of the other faction?

  11. #26
    Rift Disciple 17351802's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    112

    Default

    FFS, it's a good thing that Trion listens, but not to random baddies that suggest ideas because they're losing in PVP.

    Listen, I appreciate that you're actively making posts to try to improve the game, but you convince no one when your rationale is that "one faction is always overpowered."

    First of all, there's like 20 different battlegroups (shardwise), 5 different level ranges, 4 different maps, and up to 60,000 different players. With this much randomness and player anonymity, it can seem like your faction always loses, or always wins, but seriously, it's statistically impossible. There is so much variation.

    I tell everyone that makes a post like this to do the same thing: it may be your saving grace. If you go on a losing streak with warfronts, just wait ~5 minutes before queuing again. You'll get seeded with a new group of people that might just be good players.

    Also, speak up in warfronts. And I don't mean "You all suck ****, your so bad!!! RAGE!!!" Start leading your team. We all know what works at this point, but how do you know you didn't get paired up with 9 new players? Hell, you could even make a macro that explains the rules of the map and the best strategy.

    Intelligent PVP, good movement, and team play are what wins warfronts, not your class, faction, or whatever class you think is OP because you got hit by a once in a lifetime crit.

  12. #27
    L A
    L A is offline
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    133

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 17351802 View Post
    FFS, it's a good thing that Trion listens, but not to random baddies that suggest ideas because they're losing in PVP.

    Listen, I appreciate that you're actively making posts to try to improve the game, but you convince no one when your rationale is that "one faction is always overpowered."

    First of all, there's like 20 different battlegroups (shardwise), 5 different level ranges, 4 different maps, and up to 60,000 different players. With this much randomness and player anonymity, it can seem like your faction always loses, or always wins, but seriously, it's statistically impossible. There is so much variation.

    I tell everyone that makes a post like this to do the same thing: it may be your saving grace. If you go on a losing streak with warfronts, just wait ~5 minutes before queuing again. You'll get seeded with a new group of people that might just be good players.

    Also, speak up in warfronts. And I don't mean "You all suck ****, your so bad!!! RAGE!!!" Start leading your team. We all know what works at this point, but how do you know you didn't get paired up with 9 new players? Hell, you could even make a macro that explains the rules of the map and the best strategy.

    Intelligent PVP, good movement, and team play are what wins warfronts, not your class, faction, or whatever class you think is OP because you got hit by a once in a lifetime crit.
    I think the original idea was to solve wf queue times, not winning or losing all the time.

    As you say, with all the different variables you can't really make a 'blanket' statement about one faction or the other winning or losing all the time but firstly, I think it's safe to assume the people are talking about their particular experience (ie their shard, that time of day, whatever) and secondly, i think it's statistically improbable to find a server that has factions evenly matched in every way like population, pvp focus, lack of being a bot.

    So given that, I think there's nothing wrong with people saying their faction always loses, etc.
    A reasonable person can identify that they mean in their case and those around them. Surely we can't expect people to change '(faction) always win) to "(faction) on (shard) at (time) always win"

    I agree that it's tactics and teamplay that win warfronts, not faction. I think the guardian/defiant side by side wf idea actually supports that.

  13. #28
    Sword of Telara GoldenArrow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    745

    Default

    Give +5% stacking stat buff for every warfront lost in a row. After you win one warfront the buff will be removed.

    Give -5% stacking stat debuff for every warfront won in a row. After you lose one the debuff will be removed.

    Would be fun 8)

  14. #29
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    51

    Default

    Do this and you may as well just get rid of the factions period. What's the point?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts