+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pvp Soul?

Soulwalker

Default Pvp Soul?

Ok so i was looking on the pvp vendor, and i saw a pvp soul, what is that? how is that different than the soul i set up now for pvp? do i need this to pvp with at 50? if so then whats teh difference between that and my reg soul i have now for pvp!

Quote Originally Posted by Omegaman View Post
    Ok so i was looking on the pvp vendor, and i saw a pvp soul, what is that? how is that different than the soul i set up now for pvp? do i need this to pvp with at 50? if so then whats teh difference between that and my reg soul i have now for pvp!
    You have to buy it with PVP points.

It acts like a regular soul, except to go higher in the PVP soul tree you require PVP ranks which only go up once you are level 50.

Once you max this soul, apparently PVP becomes balanced, fun, and not the current CC fest that takes place in WF's.
    Last edited by BlackUdder; 03-07-2011 at 08:30 PM.

Soulwalker

ok so once i get to 50 i wont be able to use my 66 points i have to rank that up?

ok so once i get to 50 i wont be able to use my 66 points i have to rank that up?
    Yes, those points still go into that tree. But before you can go higher up in the tree you need certain PVP ranks before it allows you to spend more points.

If you preview the soul in game (ctrl click from memory) and hover over the different tree levels you will see what I'm referring too.

Soulwalker

oh thanks i will check it out... but once u reach top rank you get 66 points again right?

oh thanks i will check it out... but once u reach top rank you get 66 points again right?
    This may explain it better: http://telarapedia.com/wiki/PvP_Soul

PvP souls cost 2500 favor to purchase. The 0-point skill lets one remove all stuns and snares. Each soul is broken into tiers. One can spend points in right away in the first tier. After that, each additional tier requires another rank of Prestige. Prestige can only be gained after reaching level 50. Each PvP Soul has 21 point cap, so you still have 45 points available for your PvE tree.

So you always have 66 points to spend.
    Last edited by BlackUdder; 03-07-2011 at 08:58 PM.

Soulwalker

ok well i read that link and it says vindicator for war( wat i am ) so that is what i have to choose to pvp with? i cant choose my current temp as reaver and i will only have a cap of 21 points per talent tree?, so if i wanted reaver and pally i can only put 21/21 in each? i am sry i just dont understand this. i am used to the pvp we have know where we just do battlegrounds with normal temps

Telaran

ok well i read that link and it says vindicator for war( wat i am ) so that is what i have to choose to pvp with? i cant choose my current temp as reaver and i will only have a cap of 21 points per talent tree?, so if i wanted reaver and pally i can only put 21/21 in each? i am sry i just dont understand this. i am used to the pvp we have know where we just do battlegrounds with normal temps
    these souls should be useable without rank im not quite sure what the devs were thinking about but this game pvp wise is totally messed up..not fun at all

No, you have 66 points to spend at 50 as you see fit.

The only cap is that the maximum points you can spend on the PVP soul is 21.

Here is a quick example http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0c...Abk.x0R.xx0s0M

No, you have 66 points to spend at 50 as you see fit.

The only cap is that the maximum points you can spend on the PVP soul is 21.

Here is a quick example http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0c...Abk.x0R.xx0s0M
    I (randomly) decided to put 42 points into reaver, 8 into paladin, and 16 into the PVP soul.

-------

But let's say you decided to spend the maximum points you could in the PVP soul at 50.
    So 66 - 21 = 45 points you still have to share between reaver and pally.

That's assuming you want to max the PVP tree, you could only put a few points in it if you wish.
    Have a play with the above link.

(double post, my bad)
    Last edited by BlackUdder; 03-07-2011 at 09:22 PM.

Soulwalker

can the unlocked pvp soul be used before level 50 on the 0point abilities ?

+ Reply to Thread