+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 67

Thread: CC in WF is BS

  1. #46
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    82

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronzebeard View Post
    Remember getting Mezzed in DAoC? That was CC.
    CC at its best. 100+ ppl zerg all sleeping and the Ice Wizzy's running in the middle to drop em all lol.

    Alb ftw1

  2. #47
    General of Telara TerminusEst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Yinzer Nation
    Posts
    825

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by murkin View Post
    lol


    enough said
    Whats wrong with transform,stun,slow,transform dead?. Are you trying to say it's not FAIR!!??

  3. #48
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    37

    Default I dont see a problem with CC....

    Maybe its just me.... i'm mainly a pyro mage, but i have some points in arcmage which i unlocked. Put 5 in it to increase my crits or damage on other ascended and it unlocks an ability to get out of cc once every 5min and resets when you die. Then i have flicker which lets me warp out of silence or cc every 20 seconds.

    If you don't like being cc, then spec for it in your trees and roots. If your not spec'd for it then your spec'd for damage and drop people fast. Plus at level 50 when you have your pvp class unlocked and start gaining ranks... there are other ways to counter cc.
    Last edited by Merr; 03-08-2011 at 10:50 AM.

  4. #49
    Champion Astor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    514

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mirieth View Post
    Stop puging/solo'ing and get a Cleric or any other class with a dispel who has half a brain - 90% of your problems solved. CC has DRs, mostly breaks on damage (at least the long duration/total incapcitation effects) and can all be dispeled.

    People are whining about how OP Warriors are - if there is no CC to even have a hope of breaking their dps for some seconds, they will be even more OP.

    Try to think objectively and analytically about this issue; the complete removal of CC would result in a game where all that matters is who has the most dps/heals. In other words, you would have a game where best gear wins and not skill. CC takes skill to pull off in a fight between organised groups. Most of it will be dispeled within 2-3 seconds if it is mindlessly spammed, which conversely is the major issue in pug Warfronts and why people are largely complaining about it. Unorganised fights make things look a lot more unbalanced than they truly are and it would be a sad situation if organised groups/guilds were punished in the sense of dumbing down the game by balancing it around lazy/casual players.

    There certainly ARE elements of CC which are a joke - mana drains not breaking mezz-type effects for example are a major issue and some heal debuffs stacking or being undispelable. However, all of these things can be overcome with a well-played group.

    TL;DR, stop solo'ing.
    I'd rather pvp be based on dps and heals rather than stun stun stun stun stun stun, etc....
    Whether the glass is half full or half empty, there is still only half there.

  5. #50
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Astor View Post
    I'd rather pvp be based on dps and heals rather than stun stun stun stun stun stun, etc....
    And I'd rather PvP be won on a strategic level, with clever use of all the abilities available.

    Not "LOL I HIT YOU HARDEST I WIN XD".

    or "You didn't bring a healer so you can't win"

    L2P

  6. #51
    Champion Astor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    514

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Allstar View Post
    And I'd rather PvP be won on a strategic level, with clever use of all the abilities available.

    Not "LOL I HIT YOU HARDEST I WIN XD".

    or "You didn't bring a healer so you can't win"

    L2P
    Instead it's "I has moar stunz so I win". That's not skill either buddy.
    Whether the glass is half full or half empty, there is still only half there.

  7. #52
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,282

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Astor View Post
    I'd rather pvp be based on dps and heals rather than stun stun stun stun stun stun, etc....
    Quote Originally Posted by Allstar View Post
    And I'd rather PvP be won on a strategic level, with clever use of all the abilities available.

    Not "LOL I HIT YOU HARDEST I WIN XD".

    or "You didn't bring a healer so you can't win"

    L2P
    Unfortunately, we get it both ways in this game.

    Imo -

    CC needs to proc IMMUNITIES, not diminishing returns.

    Healing needs to be toned way down.

    Champ and Sab damage needs to be brought down to par with the rest of the souls in the game.
    Last edited by Vember; 03-08-2011 at 11:53 AM.

  8. #53
    Rift Disciple murkin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    139

    Default

    There is maybe one or two idiots who are not taking the time to read some of the very good replies that have been posted in this thread.

    CC is fine. I love CC. It's the stacking of the CC that is slightly out of hand. A five to ten second CC immunity timer will do just fine.

    Don't get me wrong our guild abuses the crap out of CC when we are running pre-mades.

    Vent Convo Example.

    Bruh1 - CC down on target1
    5 seconds later one
    Bruh2 - CC down on target1 again
    5 seconds later
    Bruh 3 - lol CC on target1 again
    Bruh 4 - lol that dude has got to be getting pissed

    Target 1 starts emotes and yelling
    hi, i'm back to playing

  9. #54
    Soulwalker Buckus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3

    Default

    PvP is broken in this game, cc is FINE, but unbearable in this game.

  10. #55
    Rift Disciple MarleyTheMongolianMoose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    171

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vember View Post
    CC needs to proc IMMUNITIES, not diminishing returns.
    I'm sorry but they already do this.

    I see "Immune (Arresting Presence)" "Immune (Raging Storm)" A lot already. Once they have been stunned or silenced or snared so many times, even knock back. They become immune to it.

    (Arresting Prescence = silence, Raging Storm with talents = root)
    Last edited by MarleyTheMongolianMoose; 03-08-2011 at 12:25 PM.

  11. #56
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,282

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MarleyTheMongolianMoose View Post
    I'm sorry but they already do this.

    I see "Immune (Arresting Presence)" "Immune (Raging Storm)" A lot already. Once they have been stunned or silenced or snared so many times, even knock back. They become immune to it.

    (Arresting Prescence = silence, Raging Storm with talents = root)
    Well yes and no. If you're seeing someone that's immune to your cc its because he's been chain cc'd so much that immunity finally kicked in. That, to me, is broken. CC needs to proc immediate immunity to keep the chain cc crap out of the game.

  12. #57
    Rift Disciple MarleyTheMongolianMoose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    171

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vember View Post
    Well yes and no. If you're seeing someone that's immune to your cc its because he's been chain cc'd so much that immunity finally kicked in. That, to me, is broken. CC needs to proc immediate immunity to keep the chain cc crap out of the game.
    I think it should be serious diminishing returns and then immunity. I am pretty sure it is only 3 casts and then it procs immunity.

    And each one has diminishing returns.

    So what you want is one CC and then immune? Seems kind of silly, a 100% CC, 50% CC, immune should be a good enough system to allow people who build CC into their build for utility and avoid the chain CC. If your healer can't heal you through 2 stuns then you need to get a better healer.

    And if you are being main targeted down then you are pretty much screwed anyways unless you get shielded, pain suppressioned or something similar to help keep you alive.

    (I've taken 19,000 damage with healers on me and pain supression during which I had a huge chunk of a black garden team on me. It was aweeeessssoooome. Felt like a tank.)

  13. #58
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,282

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MarleyTheMongolianMoose View Post
    I think it should be serious diminishing returns and then immunity. I am pretty sure it is only 3 casts and then it procs immunity.

    And each one has diminishing returns.

    So what you want is one CC and then immune? Seems kind of silly, a 100% CC, 50% CC, immune should be a good enough system to allow people who build CC into their build for utility and avoid the chain CC. If your healer can't heal you through 2 stuns then you need to get a better healer.

    And if you are being main targeted down then you are pretty much screwed anyways unless you get shielded, pain suppressioned or something similar to help keep you alive.

    (I've taken 19,000 damage with healers on me and pain supression during which I had a huge chunk of a black garden team on me. It was aweeeessssoooome. Felt like a tank.)
    That's what Warhammer did, and it finally reduced the drastic cc spamfest that pvp had become. Trust me, it makes for much more dynamic gameplay than spending 90% of your time in any given fight stunned/feared/snared/squirreled/mind controlled. That crap is so ridiculous it completely kills my urge to pvp, and I'm sure I'm not alone.

  14. #59
    Rift Disciple MarleyTheMongolianMoose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    171

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vember View Post
    That's what Warhammer did, and it finally reduced the drastic cc spamfest that pvp had become. Trust me, it makes for much more dynamic gameplay than spending 90% of your time in any given fight stunned/feared/snared/squirreled/mind controlled. That crap is so ridiculous it completely kills my urge to pvp, and I'm sure I'm not alone.
    I've played a lot of PvP and agree with you but the massive amount of damage output in this game the CC is some what required. It is just as bad being hit for 1200 damage in one swing from a titan strike at level 37 as being squirreled for a part of the game.

    It is actually worse, because the squirrel gets broken. The only thing broken from the people hitting you is yourself because you are most likely in the graveyard for 20 seconds.

    Most if not all CC can be broken and can be made immune to you. As a chloro you have an ability to grant immunity to snares and roots. You can have a lot of things dispelled on you (storm shackle, squirrel.)

    And you have a PvP skill to get you out of a lot of CC. I understand the plight of the person being CC'd but as long as someone needs to be CC'd to make them stop rampaging on the team then CC sadly needs to be there. The game is definitely not balanced around YOU vs CC, it is balanced in team environments where someone can help you get out of the CC.

  15. #60
    Ascendant Vihar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1,949

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shatterwing View Post
    This is why I'm rerolling Mage. If I'm going to be slaughtered by CC and wtfdmg, I'm going to make some people really angry in the process.
    LOL

    This is your solution?

    I have a feeling you are in for quite a surprise...lol.
    Otherwise known as Morganlefae

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts