+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Petition for a Deathmatch style WF where direct PvP produces the Winner

Shadowlander

Default Petition for a Deathmatch style WF where direct PvP produces the Winner

Cap it at 50-100 Kills per side.
    Make the zone Emain Style for actual talent wins vs this crap we call WF's now.
    I mean really we have every other style in FPS games now. Why not this?

Verm
    Verm

Fist of the Empire

Soulwalker

50-100??? yeah right... how about 200+ easy... give people time to enjoy killing eachother! that's a really short game guy.

I'm all for it though.

A brilliant idea, let's make the side with most healers win this warfront.
    Warriors listen to this while they play PvP:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kgjkth6BRRY

Shadowlander

I do not care about the Score limit. Just picked a random number. And isn't the point of PvP to have folks to heal ya? Every heard of focus fire on the healers? Let me guess never played a real pvp game like DAoC? You can have all the clerics in the world in your raid but nothing beats a 5 man train burst on a single target .Here I was thinking all the QQing about warfronts was because of how horrible they are set up. From running a flag(really? you call this PvP? if thats the case then why is deathmatch the most popular by far of all FPS games types?), Holding an Idol, capturing zones, and PvE rush you would think all these true PvP players would jump at the chance to prove their metal in a real Me Vs You period set up. No excuses, just one side being better then the other. Make a 5 man/10man/raid WF and see where the true talent is.
    Verm

Fist of the Empire

Quote Originally Posted by Wulfpak77 View Post
    I do not care about the Score limit. Just picked a random number. And isn't the point of PvP to have folks to heal ya? Every heard of focus fire on the healers? Let me guess never played a real pvp game like DAoC? You can have all the clerics in the world in your raid but nothing beats a 5 man train burst on a single target .Here I was thinking all the QQing about warfronts was because of how horrible they are set up. From running a flag(really? you call this PvP? if thats the case then why is deathmatch the most popular by far of all FPS games types?), Holding an Idol, capturing zones, and PvE rush you would think all these true PvP players would jump at the chance to prove their metal in a real Me Vs You period set up. No excuses, just one side being better then the other. Make a 5 man/10man/raid WF and see where the true talent is.
    Ever heard of peeling? Let me guess you've never played a real PvP game like Guild Wars? You can have all the dps in the world but nothing beats a huge snare on a crowd to counter a single dps burst. Here I was thinking how people are qqing about warfronts because how bad they are. I mean really, ganking people? You call this real PvP? This type of **** belongs in a 1990's game.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Chase Payne View Post
    A brilliant idea, let's make the side with most healers win this warfront.
    It's not like they are winning already isn't it?

Usually I only have to take a look after a game at the healing done and in 90% of the games the side that had the best healers will have won the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Ziyi View Post
    It's not like they are winning already isn't it?

Usually I only have to take a look after a game at the healing done and in 90% of the games the side that had the best healers will have won the game.
    Nah, at 50 the side with the most warriors wins.

Shadowlander

Thats called well played. You get folks that know what their doing then yes you can chain snare the crap out of someone. Then again maybe its a cast group for CC. Stalkers for planeshifting out of it. Who knows the possibilities. Your example is just one that would be awesome to actually exp aside from what is open now. You try to make a point against me, but instead you just reaffirm just the wide open possibles in what true player vs player can achieve. But if you want to stick to premades built for the exact WF you love WTF pwning on then have at. I prefer something that can change every time you enter, and actual Tactics might come to play.
    Verm

Fist of the Empire

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Wulfpak77 View Post
    Deathmatch is the perfered style of play because it involves no strategic thinking. It rewards individual achievement over team play, coordination and co-operation, and encourages dirty tactics like spawn camping and "snipers" you find in First Person Shooters in order to rack up kill scores. In short, it requires little thinking for PUG group play.

Example: Counter-Strike back in Beta 1 (yes, I played it that long), didn't let you win when the enemy team died. You had to rescue all the Hostages (we only had hostage maps in the beginning). Terrorists early on figured out that all they had to do to win every match was kill the Hostages, then they didn't need to do any work and can play a Death Match while getting an automatic win. Once the team death condition for winning was added, and DE_Dust and other small/simple maps came out, the game devolved from a game that rewarded players for stealth and tactics to people running around with AK-47s rabbit jumping about.

In an MMO environment where healing is involved, a Deathmatch map would be dictated by the number and skill of the healers in play as they would reduce the enemy team's ability to score points. At least in non-deathmatch maps you can overcome the enemy with strategy and make them split up their group to deal with objectives. In a DM map everyone would form into a big ball to be in range of healers and it would be a straight up slug fest. We see this now in Black Garden, but at least in there we have one person everyone knows to focus fire, and steal the shard.
    Last edited by Teknique; 03-07-2011 at 09:34 PM.

Shadowlander

I have never seen a PUG win consistently against a Pre-Made open world PvP group. What I love about the idea is I have seen Pre-Mades completely have to change tactics when facing other premades whose set up was exactly what was needed to win against them. I do not understand how this is not using tactics. You run a 4 man healer group and you might live alot but what happens when someone runs a group set up for mana burn and cc? Healers are pretty worthless without power. Every combo has a counter. What works once might not work again. That is the exact opposite of what we have right now. You set up a snare aoe dmg group with 2 good healers and you win war every time. You set up a riftstalker heavy group and you can tele all the way back to capture the flag almost atm. You zerg rush the boss in PoS and the game is over in 2 mins or less. You roll a warrior and Codex is ez mode cause you can 1-2 shot any other class so who needs heals at that point. This WF would allow no outside "goal" to allow for exact group make ups to reach that goal. This would be the goal is to kill each other. And sometimes you might have the better set up and sometimes you mgiht not, but you can change on a whim your tactics to bring something completely new to the WF.
    Verm

Fist of the Empire

Shadowlander

I agree! That's the only thing that Defiant could probably win at too! Why oh why did I pick Defiant.

This is a good idea, however with the way healing is right now, the side with more healers has advantage. I do, however, want a 5v5 Warfront. Even if your team is amazing, you can still be put with utter trash noobs that can still ruin a solid win for you. If you could Queue with more than 5, then it wouldn't be needed.
    *~'~* MEATS *~'~* { Briarcliff }
    The Best There Ever Was...

Plane Touched

Didnt i start this thread already...

It is in my signature.
    * Petition: Team Death match mode for all warfront maps.

The biggest mistake I see mages and other range classes do is try to tank me, as a warrior. Are you insane? What makes you believe you can fight and survive me at melee range as a guy wearing a bedsheet with a belt trying to pass it off as armor and the hp pool of a wetnapkin.

Am i supposed to be teaching you how to play your class in between beating you in the warfronts?

Your Xbox360 is -----> that way for deathmatch.
    "Meet me in the shadows and I'll show you the depths of darkness"

+ Reply to Thread