+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bards, PvP and common misconceptions.

Rift Disciple

Default Bards, PvP and common misconceptions.

Bard: A support class that uses music to buff and heal raid/party members.

I am sorry for having to waste most of your times by explaining that, but this post is based around those people who do not understand the role a Bard fills.

Misconceptions:
    (Please note the following format is....
    #. Wrong info here.

Correct information here.)

1. That Bards can not heal.

This is pure bull ****. As a Bard I tend to pull top 1-3 healing in every Warfront that I do not end up being focus killed in. Groups of Bards make extremely effective healers.

2. That Bards are nothing more than portable buff machines.

While it is true that arguably a Bard's main focus should be keeping his/her buffs up they have other uses. They can provide low amounts of damage alone, debuffs, and healing. This is very vital.

3. Bards provide strong single target heals, and as such should follow around the "flag" carrier and heal only them.

Bards have no single target heals whatsoever. Therefore, no Bard should be charged solely with the duty of following the flag carrier. -.-

Feel free to add info as needed...

Telaran

Bards become less of a healer and more of a buff bot and CC class in end game pvp. You're there to heal through aoe and dot damage while using rift prison and your mezz to help control people. If spec'd right you can also soak a lot of damage and make a pretty good flag carrier.

Bards will almost always top healing charts, but the chart is misleading because the healing bards do won't keep someone up while being focused outside of virtuoso. Even still with virtuoso up it can be very difficult to keep the target you want alive.

Rift Disciple

This is very true =P

Shadowlander

The healing chart is also potentially misleading because you are doing AOE heals. While this is better for PvP since many people are being attacked (but not situationally helpful), I would bet the chart counts over-healing (such as motif of regeneration healing a full HP target).

Rift Disciple

I would assume that the over all over heals are fairly insane. The fact of the matter is people complain that there are no heals in there are 3-4 Bards in a group, and complain that the Bard isn't healing them specifically when the only healer in the group is a Bard <.< It's really annoying to get cursed out for being a rogue and not going Bard to provide these ****** waffles with extra large epeens heals.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Fireraven View Post
    I would assume that the over all over heals are fairly insane. The fact of the matter is people complain that there are no heals in there are 3-4 Bards in a group, and complain that the Bard isn't healing them specifically when the only healer in the group is a Bard <.< It's really annoying to get cursed out for being a rogue and not going Bard to provide these ****** waffles with extra large epeens heals.
    That's just people tunnel visioning and not realising their life was extended by aoe heals instead of dying their usual 2 seconds. The numbers that Bards throw up for heals are amazing, good players will realize their worth and not complain.

Why the hell do people think you can target heal them anyway? lol.

This post doesn't do much since most if not all the people that read this already know this. The people that don't know this wont read this anyway, it's a sad cycle.
    Briarcliff I make em scream.

Quote Originally Posted by Selenity View Post
    I'm not sure if you are talking to him or me. But I do care. I even care about what would bring you to the place that you would put such pictures on your profile.

+ Reply to Thread