+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The guild pvp quest... What counts?

Rift Chaser

Default The guild pvp quest... What counts?

So there I am doing Warfronts and the achievement to say I'd killed fifty players popped up but my guild quest isn't really going up at all... Well at least not at the rate of my supposed warfront kill score.

So what does the guild quest actually look for? Killing blows only? Which is pretty hard for a healer lol

it only counts killing blows. you should get a group of just your guildies into a vent or skype or something and have a coordinated team to finish that quest.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Micmager View Post
    it only counts killing blows. you should get a group of just your guildies into a vent or skype or something and have a coordinated team to finish that quest.
    We're all casual pve'rs. Going into warfront as a team would be embarrassing lol

Soulwalker

I thought this must be Killing blows as well but now I really have no idea. I think it just pulls a random number out of a rift or something.

Yesterday I did five Codex runs in a row and every time the count went up by 3, regardless of my KBS , which varied from 2-5. I then tried Black Garden. The first match I had 2 KB and got 5 points on the counter??? The next three matches with KBs of 2-4 I got zero on the counter for each one. It just makes no sense at all. Oh yeah they were all with a Warrior. When I tried my pure healer Cleric I naturally enough got no KBs and the counter either went up by 1 or not at all. Definitely not a Quest to be progressing with a Healer spec.

Bij

Angry Guild quests not properly updating

I have experienced the same thing with multiple of the guild quests. I've done the PvP one, counted my killing blows only as they are shown off the recount at the end of the warfront. So either the guild quest isn't properly updating or the information shown for the recount for each players within the warfront is incorrect. Either way, its extremely aggravating to be working hard on your guild quests and not having it updating.

Our guild just finished the close 100 rifts of at least lvl 10 and had problems where rift closures were not being counted. It seemed to make no difference whether you were there from stage one through the closure, whether it was a minor or a major rift, whether you were grouped (or in a raid group) or solo. I had tens of tens not count and finally gave up trying.

I'd like an official response about it, truly, to know if its glitched or if there are requirements or parameters to be met that are not listed.

Its difficult enough to complete some of these with a small guild and working hard to do it and then not having your efforts count only adds to the frustration.

Our guild found you needed the first hit on a player, and the first interaction with a rift for the majority of them to count.
    Thelen 50 Cleric
    GM of Dexteram Telara

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Micmager View Post
    I donīt think it actually does, had 9 killing blows one bg and the quest was only advanced 3 points.
    I think you also have to deal maximum damage to receive credit (unsure about needing the actual killing blow)
    or maybe first hit ?
    Last edited by Balduran; 03-25-2011 at 08:34 PM.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Thelen View Post
    Our guild found you needed the first hit on a player, and the first interaction with a rift for the majority of them to count.
    Ditto for my guild as well.
    Last edited by purrcatnip; 03-25-2011 at 10:09 PM.

Soulwalker

I completed this quest two times this week, as a healer, and each time one BG was enough...
    I didn't need to hit first any player, since I was a healer, I didn't do any KB, but it counted the 50 kills for the quest in only one BG. (I had ~100 kills in the BG's stats)
    Last edited by Burrich; 04-08-2011 at 12:52 PM.

+ Reply to Thread