+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Explanation of why Guardians win a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Chase Payne View Post
    I asked guardians around and they said they played horde.
    Oh and I know a bunch of people on guardian who played alliance too.
    This is where you should have stopped.
    PVPimpin' Ain't PVEasy!

Holla Holla Get Dolla

Guardians tend to have more warriors and clerics.

Pepsi has more bubbles than Coke.

Don't ask me to prove it.

I have a keyboard, and a forum to type in.

I don't need any other proof!
    Truck/Malivak Warrior/Mage Vigil <Clockwork Transmog Turtles>

Many Many Alts All classes Faeblight +
    Located in Colorado, not Central WI. Don't know how to change it .

Soulwalker

Uh guardians are getting spanked something terrible on my server.

Soulwalker

I have a 35 riftblade defiant an 38 riftlbade gaurdain an from lvling both from 1 to there current lvl 9/10 defiant win hands so i have no idea were your getting your info from :S

Telaran

I'm just saying, I get no enjoyment from World PvP simply because it always comes down to numbers. I don't care if guild x killed guild y with a premade of players in vent against morons with more numbers, if they played proeperly... numbers always win.
    Why are you so worried about skill in an MMO. The skill cap in these games is laughably low. Using chess as an example is terrible. The different between a skilled chess player and a unskilled chess player is so much more noticable than a "skilled" PvPer vs an "unskilled" PvPer.

If you want to compare chess to any game...it should be Starcraft 2 (or I would argue the current state of Starcraft 1 would be a better example). If you are skilled in that game...that comes with a very high level of respect. (at least from anyone who understands what constitutes a skilled game).

Understanding positioning, knowing when to dispel, knowing when to help nuke, knowing when to use CC...all of these are skills you need to pickup to be successful in PvP. None of these concepts are really any hard to understand much less master.

In WoW I would PvP with a group of premade friends and completely wipe the floor against both PUGs and Premades. Sure it was enjoyable...but I didn't put myself up on this pedestal like I was a teir above everyone else. (Right now I am getting steamrolled in this game because I am waiting for my slow *** friends to level up so we can premade it up again D= )

Most of the difference is made from solid teamwork...not really individual skill.

Moral of the story...if you really want to spend alot of time getting good at a game for skill sake...play a game where the skillcap isn't reachable by even the slowest of gamers. But if MMO is your flavor of game, then please do not run around with the illusion that you are that much better than someone else when you beat them in PvP.
    Last edited by Bravofigaro; 03-07-2011 at 09:50 PM.

Telaran

On a side note....

I think your explanation is the best one for the guardian favored win rate at this time. I have played in all of those games that you mentioned and have been on both factions in many of them.

The WoW transfer makes a ton of sense to me...since I have good friends on both sides talking about what they were going to roll in Rift. Most Hordies wanted to roll Guardian for the same reasons you posted. Most alliance just wanted to party with competent PvPers for once..so they went Defiant. Sadly, it seems things have just switched sides.

Can't wait for my buddies to catch up so we can start winning on the underdog side of things again =D

Telaran

guardians are *******s,, they ****ing spawncamp alot

Cool

This whole thread is funny. In eithercase, I'll chip in to this "survey".
    I played a whole level from 39-40 doing all warfronts that I have available. I lost 3 matches, one loss was from a codex that ended about minute later that I entered, rest games? all win, crushing victories. I play a warrior and I'm a Defiant.
    Hello WoW players. Look at your toon, now back to me. Sadly it isn't me, but if it wasn't using low-res cartoony graphics and switched to RIFT it could look like it's me. Look down, back up. Where are you? You're in a rift with the toon your toon could look like. What's in your hand? Back at me. I have it, it's an epic weapon. Look again, the weapon is now enchanted. Anything is possible when your toon is in RIFT and not in WoW. I'm on a turtle.

Aion Players that were hardcore and Did successful PvP were elyos so they stayed blue side.
    Horde players, which won a lot in battlegrounds went guardian for faster ques.
    The alliance players who lost all the time, went Defiant assuming that they would win more.
    DAOC/WARHAMMER guilds, who were focused on world PvP rather than actual PvP went defiant.
    During beta, it was clear defiant were winning a lot and were overpopulated, causing more converts.
    Gladiators from world of warcraft, as well as medium 2k crowd went guardian from what i've seen.

It's clear that less people played Closed/Open beta rather than the actual game, and the real skilled PvP players stuck to the faction/color they love the most.

And the results are, defiant has lots of inexperienced PvP players.
    How does it feel when people laugh at everything you post?
    Briarcliff I make em scream.

Quote Originally Posted by Selenity View Post
    I'm not sure if you are talking to him or me. But I do care. I even care about what would bring you to the place that you would put such pictures on your profile.

Telaran

I just wanted to say that this is me and everyone that I know from WoW that is also playing Rift (that has an interest in PvP).

In WoW I would never swap to Alliance for faster queues, as IMO Alliance is awful, graphically, to look at. In Warhammer I reluctantly played Order simply because there was no way to log in to a server as Chaos at launch, but there Order was even uglier than Alliance.

In Rift, visually there's very little to differentiate the sides, so I picked the side I figured would have shorter queues. I think I was correct. I also seem to be on the winning side a LOT more than the losing side.

Telaran

This speculation is silly. The win/loss rates differ by a large margin between different server pairings.

I play on the Sagespire (EU) shard. Over here, we Defiants have a win rate of at least 80% (at 50). When playing with two more buddies, we reached a win-streak of 32 WFs. Clearly, this weird idea of "all the baddies went Defiant, all PvP players went Guardian" is silly, and doesn't apply in all cases.

As a side note, group synergy is insanely high in this game. Spec as a group PvP role, and find a couple buddies willing to do the same to cooperate with. Your win rate will skyrocket once you learn how to do it properly. Hello unbroken CC, timely heals, peels... win.

Aion Players that were hardcore and Did successful PvP were elyos so they stayed blue side.
    The alliance players who lost all the time, went Defiant assuming that they would win more.
    DAOC/WARHAMMER guilds, who were focused on world PvP rather than actual PvP went defiant.
    During beta, it was clear defiant were winning a lot and were overpopulated, causing more converts.
    Gladiators from world of warcraft, as well as medium 2k crowd went guardian from what i've seen.

It's clear that less people played Closed/Open beta rather than the actual game, and the real skilled PvP players stuck to the faction/color they love the most.

And the results are, defiant has lots of inexperienced PvP players.
    And this reasoning is completely assumed and rather humorous in it's explanation, even since the author didnt mean this to be a joke or humorous.

I laughed.
    Last edited by KDogDaddy; 03-08-2011 at 07:34 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3