+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Explanation of why Guardians win a lot.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Valkeries View Post
    Its simple enough when your in a team with only 2 classes that have a healer soul respond with if you want to have a heal roll a b or c im pew pew you know your in a losing wf and should afk if the other team has a healer
    What? Could you re-write this so it's understandable?

Are you encouraging afk'ing in WF's?

Quote Originally Posted by xxblindmanxx View Post
    Stopped reading there. World PvP is actual PvP and denying that has made everything else relevant to your post complete and utter ********. In fact world PvP was the very first form of PvP in MMORPGs. That's like saying that pong isn't a video game.
    That's because World PvP takes very little coding, something that was hard to do in the past due to technical limitations.

Now that games are in the future, we can actually code real PvP.
    Last edited by Chase Payne; 03-07-2011 at 04:45 PM.
    Warriors listen to this while they play PvP:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kgjkth6BRRY

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Chase Payne View Post
    That's because World PvP takes very little coding, something that was hard to do in the past due to technical limitations.

Now that games are in the future, we can actually code real PvP.
    Could you enlighten us to the differences between "world pvp" and "real pvp"?

I win more than I lose and I play Defiant.

Quote Originally Posted by mathsucks View Post
    Could you enlighten us to the differences between "world pvp" and "real pvp"?
    Faced against the same skill level, rather than terrible players. An even match of numbers, rather than inbalances.

You wont have much fun as a 1800 elo chess player is you're versed against a 1300 elo person. The 1800 elo chess player, will usually (not always) decimate the 1300 player without even thinking hard.

It's not a real chess tournament if idiots are playing it.

In World PvP, you are not guaranteed to face skilled players nor have a fair amount of numbers.
    Last edited by Chase Payne; 03-07-2011 at 05:18 PM.

Soulwalker

How does that not qualify as "real player versus player"? Because it's skewed based on your view of what's fair and what's not?

So...your real issue here is believing that the other side is unskilled and/or are idiots?

How are you guaranteed to face skilled players in the WF's?

Color me confused.

How does that not qualify as "real player versus player"? Because it's skewed based on your view of what's fair and what's not?

So...your real issue here is believing that the other side is unskilled and/or are idiots?

How are you guaranteed to face skilled players in the WF's?

Color me confused.
    I basically said, rated PvP in any form is real PvP.

Soulwalker

I understand what you said, I'm trying to understand where you're coming from.

Your sweeping generalizations allow this statement to be a valid question: So, are you not playing with us 1300 elo chess players until some of us get good enough to play "real pvp" with you?

Back on topic...how are WF's not number balanced? You mention "world pvp" imbalances, but they certainly cant affect a small, controlled "instance" of pvp, in which there are a set number of players, no?

Also on topic, we never discussed your statistical relevance to the entire Rift population...did you make sure your statements above were appropriate for "most" (statistically speaking) players, or just the ones you can get information from? How many people did you talk to? Just getting info, not trolling...you seem pretty staunch in your stance...you must have good reason.

I understand what you said, I'm trying to understand where you're coming from.

Your sweeping generalizations allow this statement to be a valid question: So, are you not playing with us 1300 elo chess players until some of us get good enough to play "real pvp" with you?

Back on topic...how are WF's not number balanced? You mention "world pvp" imbalances, but they certainly cant affect a small, controlled "instance" of pvp, in which there are a set number of players, no?

Also on topic, we never discussed your statistical relevance to the entire Rift population...did you make sure your statements above were appropriate for "most" (statistically speaking) players, or just the ones you can get information from? How many people did you talk to? Just getting info, not trolling...you seem pretty staunch in your stance...you must have good reason.
    Because 1300 elo players are "capped", some people cannot pass that rating and therefore will always be terrible. It's the sad truth, however I could care less if my teamates are idiot sbecause I'm grouped with actual skilled players.

I'm just saying, I get no enjoyment from World PvP simply because it always comes down to numbers. I don't care if guild x killed guild y with a premade of players in vent against morons with more numbers, if they played proeperly... numbers always win.

In addition, most "world PvP" is a 1v1 gank.

In a warfront, numbers are even and each side has an even change to win (theoretically).

I don't find PvP fun when I'm slaying wounded animals.

Atleast when you're a 1800 elo player, you'll face other 1800 elo players.

Rift Disciple

I agree that there is a problem and only solution I see is rated BGs. That and if its still not enough eliminate the crossfactions BGs (just pair goods vs good ,bads vs bads etc)

Soulwalker

I love when people who didn't actually play DAoC talk about world pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by Azmondus View Post
    I love when people who didn't actually play DAoC talk about world pvp.
    In world PvP you're not guaranteed to face the same skill level. It's flawed.

Soulwalker

The intent is to have variant skill levels/numbers and thus keeping it unpredictable. That's why 8 mans in DAoC would either fight other 8 mans if they wanted a fair fight, or go and try to fight the zerg outnumbered for something a bit more challenging.

Didn't read anything but the first two posts.

Emberlord, Freeholme (and whatever else were clustered with) Defiant is winning 9/10 times.

This is atleast the case for Codex and Whitefal Steppes in the 39 and below brackets.
    Emberlord - Guardian - Warrior
    WGW
    ^ Click for Homepage ^

Soulwalker

And as for where people are going, most of us from DAoC rolled guardians on faeblight because thats where everyone decided to go.
    Last edited by Azmondus; 03-07-2011 at 06:39 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast