+ Reply to Thread

Thread: My issues with PvP and Warfronts

Rift Disciple

Default My issues with PvP and Warfronts

Hello All,

I'd just like to express my concerns with some things I currently see that may be issues that need to be addressed.

1. World PvP and a player being tagged by a creature. I find this the most annoying out of all of them because even if I kill the mob the player was attacking they are still gray to me unless I let them drop combat before attacking. Not sure if this was meant to be a way to ward off ganking but it's not a great system in my opinion. A player who lives to gank others will gank no matter what be this puts a negative effect on World PvP.

a. Sometimes if you fight someone that shows up red to you (not grayed out) you don't get Favor for killing them.

* Gray out - Solution is to get rid of the mob tagging player feature

* Favor - Solution, this has to be a bug or at least explain why this happens.

2. PvP souls seem like they are not that great and there really isn't any instruction or guidance on how one level up PvP ranks in game or a FAQ on the forums.

a. Some of the class souls seem lackluster any probably no one will really use them until 50 to min/max damage.

*Solution, redo the PvP soul tree so they are more fun and viable to use at lower levels and allow a low about of experience to be gained towards PvP ranks at lower levels.

3. PvP vendors and Rep - the thing with this is if you are stuck with a faction that loses 95% of the warfronts you are not going to reach the required notoriety with the PvP vendors to buy the goods at a decent level.

a. The PvP gear doesn't have the PvP stat on it at lower levels... forget the name but the PvP version of Toughness.

b. The PvP Goods vendors sell PVE gear for PVP points basically, no PvP stat or higher Endurance on the items ... what is the meaning of this? Not feeling that at all.

*Solution - Add higher Endurance or the PvP resistance stat to the lower level PvP gear.

4. Warfronts - Need a lot of attention and changes to them.

a. PvP,RP and PvE servers in the same Warfront cluster... I don't really like this at all.

b. Seems like for the majority of (Warfront Groups) Defiant loses drastically, how is this possible? I'm really amazed and would like to see some kind of statistics on this. I find it very sad that when I'm in the 30-39 bracket from levels 30 to 37 I've only won 5 games out of a given 35 or more. I won quite a few from 20-29 but it was pretty dang crazy when I won a match in the 30-39 bracket and saw the number of PvP who finally got the achievement for winning a match in The Black Garden or The Codex.

c. A bug when you leave a Warfront while the match is still in progress it seems that you may still get Favor and EXP from it without being inside...

d. The design of The Black Garden, there's spots where teams are getting behind the trees on their side in the corner by the wall and jumping up it to their spawn. Another thing is a team can take the fang and run around all the way to the top of the hill and just turtle at a very shorter distance from their graveyard.

e. During peak game play hours it seems like you still fight against the same group over and over even if you wait 5+ minutes after the end of a Warfront to re-queue.

f. Whitefall Steppes, this one is not that bad at all. I just already see a trend of the way to run the flag by using Rogue (Marksman) and what I like to call the “Flying Banana” technique. Basically the run and jump kite to get combo points, pop swift shot and their knock back and snare (if specced into it) and flying away down the field running faster than everyone else jumping back to shoot them while not losing any speed and killing them at the same time and if you happen to get a snare or root they just break it and keep going and become immune to other CC for the next few seconds as well

*a - Solution - PvP vs. PvP & RPPvP / PvE vs. PvE & RPPvE

*b - Solution - None, but I'd like to see statistics on this matter

*c - Solution - Address the bug

*d - Solution - Re-evaluate the way The Black Garden works... the way it is now the whole map doesn't get used and the power-ups may be located too far away from where battle actually takes place, eliminate the exploiting wall jumping. Maybe change respawn timers of the team currently holding the fang or add a Speed buff (blue ball) at the grave yard site that sits there on the side of the attacking team that is permanent until the fang has changed which faction it belongs to.

*e - Solution - Make Warfronts more fun and beneficial to do to entice more players to join them!

*f - Solution – Nothing really I suppose it’s just annoying and is not the “Druid” of Whitefall

TLR, Please take another good look at how PvP and Warfronts are playing out so far and let the player base know that you are doing so to ease worries and the angry people … haha

If anyone has any constructive comments or suggestions please feel free to add. Not looking for any moaning or complaining and also please try to stay on topic. Thanks!

Rift Disciple

ouch, a post that addresses a lot of issues and offers some suggestions on what could be used to fix them and no response.. hmm maybe it's too long hahaha

Shadowlander

Finally, someone who had an issue and made a constructive post.

1 in a million.

Rift Disciple

thanks! I try to do what I think is needed. Just saying something sucks or is broken doesn't help out anyone.

Soulwalker

Default Good and solid post

Quote Originally Posted by Dorro View Post
    Hello All,

4. Warfronts - Need a lot of attention and changes to them.

a. PvP,RP and PvE servers in the same Warfront cluster... I don't really like this at all.

*a - Solution - PvP vs. PvP & RPPvP / PvE vs. PvE & RPPvE
    I really do not see a problem with this at all. As long as everyone in the same warfront use the same language, what is the problem? Presumably they are all there for the same reason, to win, and those who aren't shouldn't be there no matter where they came from.
    So what exactly is wrong with it?

The only two problems that I encountered with warfronts is that they sometimes started a long time
    before the teams were full and that it already has leechers.

About Black Garden, as i understood it you get points the fastest by holding the shard in the center which means that if you keep it up by the graveyard, you actually delay the possible victory and every moment of delay is a chance for the opponents to take it back. On the other hand, your team spawns right behind you where the other team has to run very far. Your solution for this problem is good. One could also change the spawntimers so that it takes longer for the holding team to respawn, but that might imbalance the game too much.
    I hadn't even noticed that there were power-ups in it, so your point on them being too far away is very valid indeed.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Durkslaget View Post
    I really do not see a problem with this at all. As long as everyone in the same warfront use the same language, what is the problem? Presumably they are all there for the same reason, to win, and those who aren't shouldn't be there no matter where they came from.
    So what exactly is wrong with it?

The only two problems that I encountered with warfronts is that they sometimes started a long time
    before the teams were full and that it already has leechers.

About Black Garden, as i understood it you get points the fastest by holding the shard in the center which means that if you keep it up by the graveyard, you actually delay the possible victory and every moment of delay is a chance for the opponents to take it back. On the other hand, your team spawns right behind you where the other team has to run very far. Your solution for this problem is good. One could also change the spawntimers so that it takes longer for the holding team to respawn, but that might imbalance the game too much.
    I hadn't even noticed that there were power-ups in it, so your point on them being too far away is very valid indeed.
    Well someone on a pvp server is more likely to want to pvp and queue for warfronts. Thus queue times will be much faster if its JUST pvp servers in a warfront cluster vs having some pve servers that have no or very little interest in pvp.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by holkan View Post
    Well someone on a pvp server is more likely to want to pvp and queue for warfronts. Thus queue times will be much faster if its JUST pvp servers in a warfront cluster vs having some pve servers that have no or very little interest in pvp.

Exactly, PvPers want to PvP and by grouping them together they get faster queues. If PvErs want to PvP they shouldnt mind having a little longer queue and probably wouldnt enjoy getting rolled by PvPers. If they had an issue with the queue not being less than a minute they cold roll on a PvP server.

c. A bug when you leave a Warfront while the match is still in progress it seems that you may still get Favor and EXP from it without being inside...
    Happens even if you leave after the match is finished, usually 5-10 minutes later. Got 90 favor and 1200xp from one of those last night.
    Noco@Wolfsbane

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by -Swag- View Post
    Happens even if you leave after the match is finished, usually 5-10 minutes later. Got 90 favor and 1200xp from one of those last night.
    hmm didn't know that was so. Saw some patch notes floating around and didn't see anything about fixes those issues on there but it's still early.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Dorro View Post
    Exactly, PvPers want to PvP and by grouping them together they get faster queues. If PvErs want to PvP they shouldnt mind having a little longer queue and probably wouldnt enjoy getting rolled by PvPers. If they had an issue with the queue not being less than a minute they cold roll on a PvP server.
    Pvp and PvE servers only deal with so called "world-pvp". It's one thing not to want to gank or be ganked while you are leveling, questing or farming etc. One thing completely else to go into a warfront. The people present in a warfront are all there for the same thing. Playing on a PvP server does not make you a PvPer, in the same way that playing on a RP server doesn't make you an RPer. Those titles and categorizations you get according to your activity not the server you play on.
    One might play on a RP-PvE server and never do anything but run warfronts, that would make one a PvPer, not an RP-PvEr.
    The whole point with cross server warfronts is to reduce the time people have to wait to pvp.
    And why on earth do you assume that a person playing on a PvE server is in any way worse than a player from a PvP server?

@holkan:
    Just because someone chooses to play on a PvE server doesn't mean that person is bad at PvP. Since presumably both sides in a warfront get the same number of players from a PvE server, shouldn't the gap be cleared out?
    Are the queues really that long that you have to ask for them to take such drastic measures?
    And also, why do you assume that a player from a PvE server doesn't enjoy PvP?

+ Reply to Thread