+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Killing on the Resurection Pad is Uncool

Soulwalker

Default Killing on the Resurection Pad is Uncool

Last night a few guildies and I got into some PVP in Scarlet gorge. We held our own for a while but reniforcments from their faction showed up. Eventualy they we standing around the respawn point and murdering us as soon as we spawned.
    I'm not talking about the PVP aspect of this as its fun to bring trouble the other side. It became impossible to escape, you cant even soul recall in a situation like that. It can be disrupted and so you cant leave till they let you. I feel like you should be able to leave the area somehow. We were stuck for 5min of respawn, die, respawn before we could even move. Eventualy they got destracted enough to get a soul recall to work.
    Oh and I really dislike reading the other factions **** talk but maybe thats just me.

Plane Touched

gotta do what you gotta do. if that means bindcamping to prevent the people you kill from coming back two seconds later, so be it. just need an option to switch or choose where you rez and there'll be no issue. if you think five minutes is bad and feel compelled to post about it, I'd pay cash money to see you set the guinness record for tears after playing darkfall for a week.

Champion of Telara

immunity to pvp for 10 sec if dead near grave. easy fix.

Quote Originally Posted by Saganasia View Post
    Last night a few guildies and I got into some PVP in Scarlet gorge. We held our own for a while but reniforcments from their faction showed up. Eventualy they we standing around the respawn point and murdering us as soon as we spawned.
    I'm not talking about the PVP aspect of this as its fun to bring trouble the other side. It became impossible to escape, you cant even soul recall in a situation like that. It can be disrupted and so you cant leave till they let you. I feel like you should be able to leave the area somehow. We were stuck for 5min of respawn, die, respawn before we could even move. Eventualy they got destracted enough to get a soul recall to work.
    Oh and I really dislike reading the other factions **** talk but maybe thats just me.
    And if the tables were turned, I'm sure you wouldn't be posting "We ganked them at the rez site over and over. It's not fair for them. Please fix this."

I say grow a pair.

Rift Disciple

Usually those who do that are the epeen types anyway... They will burn out in 2-3 months.

Attacking people as soon as they spawn over and over again is a sure sign of a crappy player both in attitude and character.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Xanrou View Post
    And if the tables were turned, I'm sure you wouldn't be posting "We ganked them at the rez site over and over. It's not fair for them. Please fix this."

I say grow a pair.
    Or he might be one of the many of us who refuse to to such a thing on the principal of honor. Being spawn killed makes the game less fun for everyone who PvPs in the long run. As such I know many of us who refuse to participate in such activities, and even go as far as to refuse to provide heals and back up for those on our own side who do these things.

I understand most of you feel this desire to always dominate everyone at all costs. However, victory without honor is meaningless, and a meaningless victory is nothing but the worst form of losing.

Quote Originally Posted by Fireraven View Post
    Or he might be one of the many of us who refuse to to such a thing on the principal of honor. Being spawn killed makes the game less fun for everyone who PvPs in the long run. As such I know many of us who refuse to participate in such activities, and even go as far as to refuse to provide heals and back up for those on our own side who do these things.

I understand most of you feel this desire to always dominate everyone at all costs. However, victory without honor is meaningless, and a meaningless victory is nothing but the worst form of losing.
    I get what your saying, and as admirable as it is, the reality is You'll find yourself in the minority.
    As time goes on, Faction will start to hate the other faction (Like another MMO I won't mention but their players are here). Who can stick it to the other guy (or gal) the hardest.

Do I condone it? No. But as they say: All is fair in love & war.
    It's an acceptable risk if you decide to PvP.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Xanrou View Post
    I get what your saying, and as admirable as it is, the reality is You'll find yourself in the minority.
    As time goes on, Faction will start to hate the other faction (Like another MMO I won't mention but their players are here). Who can stick it to the other guy (or gal) the hardest.

Do I condone it? No. But as they say: All is fair in love & war.
    It's an acceptable risk if you decide to PvP.
    While that is true, it doesn't mean that everyone plays as such. In reality this is a reflection on the values of our society. Victory at all costs, no mercy, no honor, only a distorted version of glory that does little more than hollow the soul and turn the heart ice cold.

Plane Touched

If they choose to spawn on the pad, they are a valid target. One solution would be to allow the loser a better option to give up and go home.

Dead player should be able to go to the porticulum as a ghost, and travel to another porticulum via a ghost npc (like the ghost npcs at graveyards).

They should also be able to soul recall while dead. The attacker won his PvP, big whoop. The dead loser should be able to easily go home.

Upon spawning at the destination poticulum, they should have all the debuffs and penalties to associated at spawning at a graveyard.

As far as graveyard camping goes, I just ghost run to a different graveyard and respawn there. Then I can soul-recall or porticulum travel as a living breathing player.

Also, the above poster is bad at world PvP. If he was good, he'd realize it is much more fun to win a fight where the odds are stacked against you.
    Last edited by General_Armchair; 03-07-2011 at 05:36 PM.

+ Reply to Thread