+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 50's PvP Bracket Rewards Issues

Soulwalker

Default 50's PvP Bracket Rewards Issues

Being the good little zergling that I am, I recently rushed my Warrior to 50 to begin the next, wonderful little grind of spamming Warfronts until my eyes bleed and my bedpan overflows for the all too important purpose of acquiring the next PvP rank and piece of PvP gear, etc etc.

As a longtime PvPer of World of Warcraft, Warhammer: Age of Reckoning, Everquest and Everquest 2, I've found this to be both a frustrating and difficult task, merely due to the number crunching in repeated losses. Allow me to elaborate.

Prestige at the 50s tier is awarded 600 for a win, 200 for a loss. Perfectly reasonable; for those of you who've PvPed in EQ2 or World of Warcraft back in the days of tokens, it's a similar reward; 3 tokens for a win, 1 for a loss. Nothing wrong there at all.

Favor is awarded as 450 for a win, 75 for a loss. Stingy? Maybe a bit, but afterall, you did lose, there's no silver medal in war. Problematic? Possibly, as it is with me and my server's PvP Battlegroup's (or whatever they're called) situation.

For the sake of driving home the point of the mechanics and not creating a *****fest, I'll merely refer to the factions as 'Team 1' and 'Team 2'. I'm on Team 2. Team 1 wins pretty much every game. They always have more numbers than Team 2 does, and they got more waiting in the queue because if Team 2 ever gets a late joiner, Team 1 gets one more as well. This causes a lot of rage quits, considering that our active 50 PvPers seems quite small and tight-knit right now (I know a vast majority of Team 1 50s better than people on my own Team 2).

Team 2 loses to such a degree that we're lucky to get even a couple of kills registered. Since hitting 50, my Prestige gains have totaled around 20,000. My Favor? Just over half of that.

The point: PvP rank advancement for a team that is losing consistently and thoroughly (I.E., few Prestige/Favor rewards from earning kills) in Warfronts far outstrips our capacity to purchase any gear to help even the odds (not that it'll help much, since many Team 1 members have gotten plump on their glut of wins and are looking over their Prestige Rank 2 epic PvP gear even as I write this thread).

The question: Is this just a phenomena of early-release endgame PvP behavior, or is this an actual issue that needs to be examined by the developers?

Quote Originally Posted by Axaxin View Post

just a phenomena of early-release endgame PvP behavior
    fixed^ 10char
    Last edited by Braves; 03-07-2011 at 12:36 PM.
    Reflex - Cleric
    Prank - Mage
    Uck - Rogue

Quote Originally Posted by Drakedog
    how does a french PvP server work?.... do you all just take turns surrendering?

Get a group. If you intend to solo your way to Rank 6 that's your problem, not the game's. It's an mmo, and yet so many people want to squeeze every little solo bit they can out of it.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Schmicks View Post
    Get a group. If you intend to solo your way to Rank 6 that's your problem, not the game's. It's an mmo, and yet so many people want to squeeze every little solo bit they can out of it.
    He isn't doing it solo he is in a group always in a bg

Quote Originally Posted by Opcodevoid View Post
    He isn't doing it solo he is in a group always in a bg
    I'm sorry, I obviously assumed too much of the general public's ability to comprehend author's intentions hidden in the written text in any other way then that which makes no sense in the context. Let me rephrase.

He's ZERGING his way to rank 6. With other same minded zerglings. If he would kindly drop the attitude of queuing solo and hoping for stars to align properly to get a good team and instead made that team actually BEFORE queuing. His chances of winning would improve beyond the expectations.

How's that?

+ Reply to Thread