+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: All Damage *MUST* be on the GCD for the sake of pvp.

Champion of Telara

Default All Damage *MUST* be on the GCD for the sake of pvp.

Off the GCD damage is one of the big reasons Champions are so good right now. I'm sure there's other classes/souls with similar abilities, and they should *ALL* be changed, but I am going to focus on Champion because I play it.

Champions have 3 procs that allow you to use an ability off the gcd for damage.

Inescapable Fury: When an enemy avoids an attack
    Bloodthirst: When you get a killing blow
    Frenzied Strike: When you get a crit

Line these up with other abilities or simply macro them into every single attack you have, and it's just way too much. These abilities turn burst that is already good into burst that gibs people 100-0.

Here's just an example from a WF earlier. 2 of these procs for 2000 instant damage, most likely simply macroed into his other attacks (not that this is a bad thing to do, it works - BUT IT SHOULDN'T)

http://img846.imageshack.us/img846/9108/offgcd.jpg

Solution:
    -Make all interrupts do no damage. Keep them off the GCD.
    -Put a GCD on these abilities but buff them so they'll be worth the GCD. This will also add a skill factor as you'll need to watch your procs and use them instead of simply mashing a macro.
    Dancer/Yeah of Briarcliff

Shadowlander

I support this. Currently I have my procs macroed with abilities which leads to mindless button mashing and requires little to no though on GCD use.

Shadowlander

To be fair, the person he killed was named Dancer. Perhaps a nerf is not in the best interest of society.

Rift Master

Its ok, alpha notes are out and champions are getting fixed...wait no they are not.

I think for certain classes it makes more sense to keep off gcd attacks, i.e Bladedancer. But I def see some warrior tweaks inc, I dont expect the current PTR Notes to be final.
    Last edited by Braves; 03-07-2011 at 12:19 PM.
    Reflex - Cleric
    Prank - Mage
    Uck - Rogue

Quote Originally Posted by Drakedog
    how does a french PvP server work?.... do you all just take turns surrendering?

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Emotive View Post
    I support this. Currently I have my procs macroed with abilities which leads to mindless button mashing and requires little to no though on GCD use.
    Oh yeah? How did you do that?

When I tried to do that, the macro failed and said that you could only use one ability per macro, and everyone else I've got to try it has had the same issue. Could you copy your macros into this thread so we can see how you did it?

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Braves View Post
    I think for certain classes it makes more sense to keep off gcd attacks, i.e Bladedancer. But I def see some warrior tweaks inc, I dont expect the current PTR Notes to be final.
    no, off gcd dmg attacks are terrible terrible ideas. it's like the devs at trion found out they could make things off the gcd and decided to use them as much as possible
    Dancer/Yeah of Briarcliff

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by faction View Post
    Off the GCD damage is one of the big reasons Champions are so good right now. I'm sure there's other classes/souls with similar abilities, and they should *ALL* be changed, but I am going to focus on Champion because I play it.

Champions have 3 procs that allow you to use an ability off the gcd for damage.

Inescapable Fury: When an enemy avoids an attack
    Bloodthirst: When you get a killing blow
    Frenzied Strike: When you get a crit

Line these up with other abilities or simply macro them into every single attack you have, and it's just way too much. These abilities turn burst that is already good into burst that gibs people 100-0.

Here's just an example from a WF earlier. 2 of these procs for 2000 instant damage, most likely simply macroed into his other attacks (not that this is a bad thing to do, it works - BUT IT SHOULDN'T)

http://img846.imageshack.us/img846/9108/offgcd.jpg

Solution:
    -Make all interrupts do no damage. Keep them off the GCD.
    -Put a GCD on these abilities but buff them so they'll be worth the GCD. This will also add a skill factor as you'll need to watch your procs and use them instead of simply mashing a macro.
    I like how you left out the fact that every warrior skill off the global cooldown is a reactive skill that requires a special circumstance for them to even be used, that is the whole point of these skills. AND the reason they arent on the global cooldown.
    * Petition: Team Death match mode for all warfront maps.

The biggest mistake I see mages and other range classes do is try to tank me, as a warrior. Are you insane? What makes you believe you can fight and survive me at melee range as a guy wearing a bedsheet with a belt trying to pass it off as armor and the hp pool of a wetnapkin.

Am i supposed to be teaching you how to play your class in between beating you in the warfronts?

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by MrFoxx View Post
    I like how you left out the fact that every warrior skill off the global cooldown is a reactive skill that requires a special circumstance for them to even be used, that is the whole point of these skills. AND the reason they arent on the global cooldown.
    Thats how rune strike and heroic strike were in WOTLK for DK's and warriors, sorta.
    What you do is macro it into every skill and then it will always get used when it procs, involving 0 effort on your part, grats on godmode class btw.

Quote Originally Posted by Phrostt View Post
    Thats how rune strike and heroic strike were in WOTLK for DK's and warriors, sorta.
    What you do is macro it into every skill and then it will always get used when it procs, involving 0 effort on your part, grats on godmode class btw.
    Again, show us your macro that allows us to macro multiple abilities in rift into one button? Because for all of us that have ACTUALLY tried it, and not just sitting here on the forums talking about it....you can't. This isn't WoW. This is Rift. And yes Champions are out of hand right now. But as many other posts have said it. If they weren't out of hand right now, then healers would be. Because right now, its whatever team has the most healers wins, but apparently thats ok with you whiny babies crying about champs. If champs were nerfed then you'd be sitting here on the god damn forums crying about how ****ing bad healing is. Go play the god damn game. If you're 50 already and can't wait for things to even out once people get gear and are all level 50 then go play a god damn alt or another game. There /endthread.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Shanst View Post
    Again, show us your macro that allows us to macro multiple abilities in rift into one button? Because for all of us that have ACTUALLY tried it, and not just sitting here on the forums talking about it....you can't. This isn't WoW. This is Rift. And yes Champions are out of hand right now. But as many other posts have said it. If they weren't out of hand right now, then healers would be. Because right now, its whatever team has the most healers wins, but apparently thats ok with you whiny babies crying about champs. If champs were nerfed then you'd be sitting here on the god damn forums crying about how ****ing bad healing is. Go play the god damn game. If you're 50 already and can't wait for things to even out once people get gear and are all level 50 then go play a god damn alt or another game. There /endthread.
    What are healers going to do, heal to death?
    Ill take my chances with OP healers to interrupt and CC them instead of godmode champions that KILL ME WITHIN 3 SECOND BULLRUSH STUN, charge and to the graveyard I go.

So because healers are strong I have to suffer and play weakest pvp garbage class? ****.

you mad bro?

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Arkzehhh View Post
    you mad bro?
    Ask yourself that when you get nerfed and start wondering why you suck so much. Protip, when you 100-0 everyone you dont get to learn how to play.

you have some overgeared warriors or they are fighting undergeared players.

Ask yourself that when you get nerfed and start wondering why you suck so much. Protip, when you 100-0 everyone you dont get to learn how to play.
    Adjust too nerf's they wont be a problem, and incase you thought i played a Champion warrior or something randomly OP as such, well sry too burst your bubble their but i dont...

and @ the Sucking so much remark, well i neednt answer it as it will never be an issue. ymb?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast