+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What do I do with a PvP guild now?

Soulwalker

Default What do I do with a PvP guild now?

Today I learned a couple things about Rift PvP that I had not heard before. I didn't realize you couldn't join a WF as a raid, and that there is also a 50 player on-screen cap. If there is no chance to get a whole team into one WF, and if a world PvP'ing attack escalates to 50+ players (which I think we all hope for) and I can't see everyone, what's the point? If a PvP guild is unable to use all of its members together as a team, is there little/no point to create a PvP guild? Or should I be looking at this differently?

Telaran

...make groups? i think its pretty legit they don't let raids in WF's

Soulwalker

Unfortunately, the Defiant on my Shard seem to be pretty bad at PvP (so far). Is it wrong of me to want to play with a team so we don't lose every time?

Prophet of Telara

I asked this question in beta. There weren't many responses. As far as I can tell, the upper-tier levelling areas should be good areas to do open world PvP, but right now not enough people are high enough level to put much population in them, and then we might run into the displaying 50 players issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Xonis View Post
    while your at it, why dont you make end game 5 man max with the rest of the raid made up from pugs?
    no... stupid idea?? thought so, so why take that attitude with pvp, some of us pvp rather than pve so why should we be made to suffer because some pve players dont like having thier ***** handed to em on a plate

roll on a PVP server?

WTB the above item .... mine broke

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Rivermagic View Post
    while your at it, why dont you make end game 5 man max with the rest of the raid made up from pugs?
    no... stupid idea?? thought so, so why take that attitude with pvp, some of us pvp rather than pve so why should we be made to suffer because some pve players dont like having thier ***** handed to em on a plate
    lol. right. you probably are a wow player huh? would you take a PUG group into an arena? no? probably because you would lose every time?..so now you single out players that dont have pvp guilds or premade groups. people will queue less eventually and then you will have complaints about that.

the correct solution would be making a seperate WF for premades.

lol. right. you probably are a wow player huh? would you take a PUG group into an arena? no? probably because you would lose every time?..so now you single out players that dont have pvp guilds or premade groups. people will queue less eventually and then you will have complaints about that.

the correct solution would be making a seperate WF for premades.
    I actually agree with you, but if they seperate the cues at least give us some incentive ie. a ladder

And yes I am an ex wow player :P, one common misconception I have noticed on these forums is that Arenas killed world pvp - this is bullcrap - flying mounts killed world pvp

Prophet of Telara

I actually agree with you, but if they seperate the cues at least give us some incentive ie. a ladder

And yes I am an ex wow player :P, one common misconception I have noticed on these forums is that Arenas killed world pvp - this is bullcrap - flying mounts killed world pvp
    Actually, BG's did. They offered rewards.

Quote Originally Posted by Qaedyan View Post
    Actually, BG's did. They offered rewards.
    funny, I seemed to spend most of lvl60 fighting to take tarren mill - if that isnt world pvp then nothing is

Prophet of Telara

funny, I seemed to spend most of lvl60 fighting to take tarren mill - if that isnt world pvp then nothing is
    Tarren Mill is special. Players probably still fight there. I thought you were talking about WORLD PvP.

Soulwalker

To get back on topic and away from the WoW discussion, (to reply to an earlier poster) I am on a PvP server, that does not resolve the 50 player screen cap. I'd be an advocate for separate queues for premade and non premade groups. Some people have said they were successful in all queuing separately at the exact same time. If this is true, there will still be rofl-stomps of non premade groups even if only 90% of the team gets in. Does anyone have an idea how they could/even would combat this?

No, it's not

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyNasty View Post
    No, it's not
    If you think it's legit to let PvP teams fight other teams in a team-based map the...

You'd be absolutely correct.

Fix this ******ed queue rule asap, I don't see how it's not considered a critical bug.
    Briarcliff PvP or it doesn't count.

Soulwalker

I'm glad to hear some people have similar viewpoints. Once again, not advocating a pub-stomp for premade teams, just advocating some way for people who want to play competitively to have an option to do so with others who... want to play competitively.

+ Reply to Thread