+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Leveling mostly in Warfronts possible?

Soulwalker

Default Leveling mostly in Warfronts possible?

Hey guys. So far im really enjoying the Warfronts in Rift. 90% of my leveling has been in Warfronts. The best part is that there is actually gear rewards it seems for every tier that can be bought with favor. I am still in the 20-30 bracket, but i am curious if 30-40 and 40-50 are the same as the first two tiers in that you can pretty much exclusively level in them and there is gear to be bought with favor at each tier.

Thanks

Telaran

If it provides XP then its plausible but don't you want to explore the world?

Shadowlander

Warfronts are great; however, you may find at higher levels that you are "forced" to do pve content to keep your gear up to date and for spending cash. Pvp exp also tends to be slower than pve experience, especially if you get on a losing streak.
    Last edited by Chronicker; 03-07-2011 at 10:50 AM.

Yeah it's possible. Seems a little slower than questing and rifting though. I've spent the last 12 levels or so (level 27 now) pretty much exclusively in warfronts. For me it's a lot of fun and fits my lifestyle a little better. I can pop in do a wf when I have some time and then walk away. With 5 kids it's sometimes like that for me.

~ Ariden

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by gman420 View Post
    If it provides XP then its plausible but don't you want to explore the world?
    Hehe i think it's that my interest in MMO's are fading. Exploration, questing and running dungeons isn't something I want to do anymore really. I prefer to just PvP. I spose as mentioned above, that gear may be a problem at higher levels. Have to cross that bridge when I come to it.

Thanks for the replies

The problem is you'll have 0 cash and no decent weapons.

The PVP favor weapons are non-existent and the cash you get from WFs is pathetically bad. You might get lucky to see a weapon/item drop in a PVP match if someone bothers to stop and loot but good luck winning the roll. I think I've seen 3 items (not counting pots) in WFs drop and that probably over the span of at some 30+ runs.
    Celestian, 50: Assassin(51), Faeblight/Guardian
    http://www.greycouncil.US/

i levelled to lv 29 in wf's and just did a few quests, so it's possible and i have gotten over 6 plat from it in total, isn't much but i can upgrade all my skills for my role.
    Rhyli@Hailol

Riley your sig is funny. Awesome dmg but horrible favor points. Corner aeo spam ftw.
    Last edited by xChuckyx; 03-07-2011 at 12:11 PM.
    The only constant in life is change.

Quote Originally Posted by xChuckyx View Post
    Riley your sig is funny. Awesome dmg but horrible favor points. Corner aeo spam ftw.
    happens all the time, i get the highest damage, in the warfront most of the time 2x more than the person with the 2nd highest, i will still always get low favor, but the exp is nice.
    Rhyli@Hailol

+ Reply to Thread