+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: People need to shut it about warriors being OP in pvp and what not

Soulwalker

Default People need to shut it about warriors being OP in pvp and what not

Clerics and other classes can heal thousands and thousands of HP in seconds, Warriors are no way overpowered and are as powerfull as they should be. Those warrior builds that do do damage and have good survivability need to do that damage because you stupid healer souls can heal thousands of hp every second to everyone in your group and even worse.

I think Warriors dont do enough damage consistently really, not the other way around.

Nerf warriors and this game will be destroyed with ******ed pvp of people spamming heals and running around picking stuff up and clicking on flags like some kind of super marior world game or some carebare crap of a bunch of healers playing tag.

Maybe its a case of other classes need to have their damage buffed to warriors level then.
    As it stands warriors outperform most rogue and mage specs.
    NIEA - Nightblade L50

Firesand

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Reavan View Post
    Maybe its a case of other classes need to have their damage buffed to warriors level then.
    As it stands warriors outperform most rogue and mage specs.
    Warrior>Rogue>Cleric>Mage>Warrior its the circle of life...also matters on build, soul selection and so forth
    Last edited by gman420; 03-07-2011 at 10:38 AM.

Champion

I think they may be a lil op. Seems like every time I roll into a wf the other side has 3 warriors some mages and clerics, and we get rolf stomped.

Some people were aware of their OPness or there wouldn't be so many on the gaurdian side every time I go in the wf.
    Originally Posted by Rawne
    Awww, are we resorting to insults?

And here was me thinking we could bestest friends and skip through fields of corn on a summers day.

Now i'm at a loss what to do, should I fly into a nerd rage and hurl insults back, slope off into a corner crying tears of frustration due to someone i'm never likely to have the pleasure of meeting saying mean things to me on a forum, cancel my pre order due to random stranger hinting that I may "sux at my class" because I didn't bother to check my dps while playing a beta for 2 days (because it's a new game ... my dps at this stage means so much it's like a burning pain in my chest) or do I offer the hug of joy and forget about it all......

Ahh the choices.....

You do know that the Void Knight can drain a healer to zero power in 12 seconds right? You should NEVER be having any issues with Clerics, never.

MMORPG played: Everquest I, Dark Age of Camelot, Dungeons and Dragons Online, Everquest II, Aion, Warhammer Online, and Fallen Earth (BETA only).
    We all meet as equals on the battlefield, but we don't leave as such.
    Topeka Photography

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Visions View Post
    You do know that the Void Knight can drain a healer to zero power in 12 seconds right? You should NEVER be having any issues with Clerics, never.
    Dominators also well dominate clerics also

Quote Originally Posted by Reavan View Post
    As it stands warriors outperform most bad rogue and mage specs.
    Fixed. Plenty of good mages / specs that seriously work over warriors even in 1v1. Just too many people with the mentality that, I should be able to play what i want in pvp, even if it sucks because Trion said I could mix match my souls to how i want to play and thats what im going to do. Thats all fine and dandy, but just don't ***** when you get steamrolled because everyone else is playing with a pvp spec and you're running around in some wierd pve dps / utility spec thinking you're going to be hot ****. If you're seriously thinking Trion has the man power to balance 32 souls, and then 100's of combination's that could go with all those souls, and make them ALL viable for every situation, then you are one crazy optimist.

And I won't get started on rogues. Assassin/riftstalkers lay down some hurt and they have tons of survivability for when they need it. Or you ever see that level 45 7k hp bard/riftstalker with more survivability than a plate tank in a tank spec? Give it time, people will find amazing builds for all souls and then you'll see warriors on the forums crying about how they are getting their teeth kicked in constantly.

Soulwalker

Yeah and then the mages and what not use CC on the voidknights..... dmg needs to be done. Its hard enough to kill with all the heal and CC going on nerfing anyones damage would be ******ed warriors and otherwise. This game is pretty complex because some souls within each archetype are designed to span multiple base classes like the riftblade crosses into the mage archetype a bit. If you change 1 archetype drastically it will fuq up the whole thing.

And what if I don't want to "Shut it", huh? What are you gonna doing about it, tough guy?!

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Lord Natas View Post
    And what if I don't want to "Shut it", huh? What are you gonna doing about it, tough guy?!
    He's going to flex his e-peen more than you?

Rift Disciple

[QUOTE=Shanst;1550108]Fixed. Plenty of good mages / specs that seriously work over warriors even in 1v1. QUOTE]

Ok. i'll call your bluff. Let's hear the specs.

Shadowlander

Perhaps the problem is a perception one due to the fact that warriors can spec into builds that are strong against casters or strong against melee. A warrior specced into a caster wrecker is clearly going to look for the casters on the opposite team. Likewise with melee spec. I use a spec that is a little of both, and I can still get beaten by a well played rogue or mage, because I'm not specced to be strong against one or the other.

Also, keep in mind that the damage from the RB soul does not scale with gear at all. In a couple months, you'll see a lot fewer people using it.

The main thing that needs to be done is clerics need some kind of in combat mana regen. It's too easy to drain them and render them worthless. Something like a 30 sec cd 1k mana boost would seem about right, but they have to consider PvE when looking at something like this. Of course, increased mana pools and mana regen from gear may make this a moot point.

Whatever happens, I hope they wait at least 2 months before looking at class balance. If they balance it around the current state where nobody has any gear, it'll be rather broken down the road.

Quote Originally Posted by Heracles View Post
    Clerics and other classes can heal thousands and thousands of HP in seconds, Warriors are no way overpowered and are as powerfull as they should be. Those warrior builds that do do damage and have good survivability need to do that damage because you stupid healer souls can heal thousands of hp every second to everyone in your group and even worse.

I think Warriors dont do enough damage consistently really, not the other way around.

Nerf warriors and this game will be destroyed with ******ed pvp of people spamming heals and running around picking stuff up and clicking on flags like some kind of super marior world game or some carebare crap of a bunch of healers playing tag.
    You actually expect people to take you seriously?

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Shanst View Post
    Fixed. Plenty of good mages / specs that seriously work over warriors even in 1v1. Just too many people with the mentality that, I should be able to play what i want in pvp, even if it sucks because Trion said I could mix match my souls to how i want to play and thats what im going to do. Thats all fine and dandy, but just don't ***** when you get steamrolled because everyone else is playing with a pvp spec and you're running around in some wierd pve dps / utility spec thinking you're going to be hot ****. If you're seriously thinking Trion has the man power to balance 32 souls, and then 100's of combination's that could go with all those souls, and make them ALL viable for every situation, then you are one crazy optimist.

And I won't get started on rogues. Assassin/riftstalkers lay down some hurt and they have tons of survivability for when they need it. Or you ever see that level 45 7k hp bard/riftstalker with more survivability than a plate tank in a tank spec? Give it time, people will find amazing builds for all souls and then you'll see warriors on the forums crying about how they are getting their teeth kicked in constantly.
    Please name 1 spec that beats champion or riftblade 1v1?
    dominator does 0 damage, after all the CC is over gets 3 shot
    chloromancers heals cant keep up with 50% healing reduction up
    warlock and necro fall over

So please, enlighten us on these magical builds that beat warriors.

Quote Originally Posted by Shanst View Post
    Fixed. Plenty of good mages / specs that seriously work over warriors even in 1v1..
    http://img846.imageshack.us/img846/9108/offgcd.jpg

/case closed

Not even a titan strike in that screenie.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast