+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Why are most enemies I find out in the world greyed out?

Plane Touched

Default Why are most enemies I find out in the world greyed out?

Regardless of level, health percentage, being attacked by monsters, whatever... most enemies health bars are grey, making them yield no favor or experience when I kill them. Why in the hell is this? I can almost understand not getting a reward if I jump a guy fighting a mob. A lot of the time, though, when others jump me as I'm fighting a mob and I manage to kill them, I still get nothing as their health bar is grey to me the entire time.

This seriously needs to be tweaked or fixed. I've played a lot of games where you get no monetary or favor type reward from world pvp, and I'm completely fine with that in those games. I PVP for the sake of PVP and have a blast. I'm not completely fine with a system where there is a favor reward that lets you buy gear and having the system be so completely broken when I beat a guy from full health and get no reward for an unclear reason. Meanwhile the guys who do nothing but grind warfronts are way ahead of me in favor and, resultantly, the very useful gear that favor buys.

Telaran

I've been wondering this myself.

Yeah, I didn't get anything even after I killed a ?? warrior in open world a couple days ago. I mean I felt good for schooling that clown, but no favor or anything for it Trion? Really?

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Kromzor View Post
    Yeah, I didn't get anything even after I killed a ?? warrior in open world a couple days ago. I mean I felt good for schooling that clown, but no favor or anything for it Trion? Really?
    The player was "tagged" by something or someone else. Yes that is right, even mobs can tag a player so that you get no favor when killing her, and if some other player hit them and ran off then you get nothing until they turn "Green" to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Locke Lamora View Post
    Regardless of level, health percentage, being attacked by monsters, whatever... most enemies health bars are grey, making them yield no favor or experience when I kill them. Why in the hell is this? I can almost understand not getting a reward if I jump a guy fighting a mob. A lot of the time, though, when others jump me as I'm fighting a mob and I manage to kill them, I still get nothing as their health bar is grey to me the entire time.

This seriously needs to be tweaked or fixed. I've played a lot of games where you get no monetary or favor type reward from world pvp, and I'm completely fine with that in those games. I PVP for the sake of PVP and have a blast. I'm not completely fine with a system where there is a favor reward that lets you buy gear and having the system be so completely broken when I beat a guy from full health and get no reward for an unclear reason. Meanwhile the guys who do nothing but grind warfronts are way ahead of me in favor and, resultantly, the very useful gear that favor buys.
    The tagging system in Rift needs a little work for sure.

Ascendant

Its really really odd but one thing is sure level doesnt matter Ive ganked lots of people like 10 lvl below me and got favor and xp and today I was fighting today with one guy and I got message "Player is preparing". Its just ******ed system I think.
    Last edited by June; 03-07-2011 at 10:33 AM.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Fjordstorm View Post
    The player was "tagged" by something or someone else. Yes that is right, even mobs can tag a player so that you get no favor when killing her, and if some other player hit them and ran off then you get nothing until they turn "Green" to you.
    Needs to be fixed so that all PVP kills reward some level of favor and experience, regardless of mobs, health at the start, whatever.

/bump for a dev response, maybe they will respond to one of these threads eventually...
    Quote Originally Posted by Effi View Post
    I have seen the desecrations they have done, the murders they have wrought, and it can be no sin to be the hand of justice.

it's raining pretty bad here, oh, and pvp tagging is still broken.
    I have seen the desecrations they have done, the murders they have wrought, and it can be no sin to be the hand of justice.

Also, please feel free to post here: http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...get-this-fixed

Maybe the devs will pay more attention if they see it in the general discussion...

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Fjordstorm View Post
    is this accurate? I've only encountered 2 or 3 people in open pvp but if this is true its extremely poor design. I can understand if Trion doesnt want to focus on pvp but a mechanic like this is absurd.

Quote Originally Posted by Ditto View Post
    is this accurate? I've only encountered 2 or 3 people in open pvp but if this is true its extremely poor design. I can understand if Trion doesnt want to focus on pvp but a mechanic like this is absurd.
    I don't think anyone knows exactly how the tagging system works, because most players are labled tagged, most of the time, regardless of if they are engaged in combat or not.

I bought the game for world pvp but the rewards suck like a hoover. Do they want us to run instances instead?

I don't like instanced PvP. imo, the game was designed to strongly encourage world pvp. To me, that means preventing opponents from leveling, completing quests, closing rifts, defeating invasions, etc... If world PvP is now the red-headed step child I guess I didn't get the memo.

Welcome to live ..life awaits you

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Berjah View Post
    I bought the game for world pvp but the rewards suck like a hoover. Do they want us to run instances instead?

I don't like instanced PvP. imo, the game was designed to strongly encourage world pvp. To me, that means preventing opponents from leveling, completing quests, closing rifts, defeating invasions, etc... If world PvP is now the red-headed step child I guess I didn't get the memo.

I agree, instanced pvp is fake

Quote Originally Posted by Berjah View Post

You can do all of that, if they just fix the tagging system then we won't be forced to run instances to get pvp rewards.

+ Reply to Thread