+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Am I the only person having fun in pvp??

Soulwalker

Default Am I the only person having fun in pvp??

I tried out the warfronts and I have been having a blast. but all I see on these forums are people talking about how little fun it is. Am I doing something wrong or are my expectations just that off from everyone elses?

I came from wow and the big differences are less focus on single v single and more group v group. Also with the pure pvp trees it seems like its really simple to build a viable role for pvp, it has all the tools you would need to pvp effectively right in it.

Rift Disciple

Most people are complaining about later warfront tiers. 10-29 is great imo.
    Last edited by Jherkin; 03-07-2011 at 09:33 AM.

i'm currently loving wf's i always try to make sure i get the highest damage score before the game ends and i enjoy doing that!
    Rhyli@Hailol

Telaran

I'm having a blast in it. Play to your strengths and exploit their weaknesses. A lot of people do not understand what they are strong and weak against as far as their callings and soul selection goes. As far as I can tell everything has a weakness its just discovering it and focusing on it.

Rift Disciple

I enjoy it plenty when the group actually focuses on objectives instead of doing the most damage.

YAY I SPAMZ MAH AOE BUDDDEEEEEEHH

I'm level 31.

Role 1 RiftStalker
    Role 2 Marksman

I'm having a BLAST in open world pvp.

Destroy anyone that is within 3-4 levels of me.
    also getting rolled by a raid of "??"

I just respawn and keep going.

If there doesn't happen to be anyone around, I finish off a few quests here and there.

warfronts are a blast m8 and you're doing it right im sure .. after lvl 20 to 25 it can be a bit pain since people in that bracket can do loads more damage and heals have more effect then beffor but once u start getting blue pvp gear and weapons after lvl 25 u'll be having loads of fun .. i broke my Rouge Riftstalker/nightblade/assasins damage record today and it was well over 47 k lol, its awesome how much damage this soul combo can do

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by evool View Post
    warfronts are a blast m8 and you're doing it right im sure .. after lvl 20 to 25 it can be a bit pain since people in that bracket can do loads more damage and heals have more effect then beffor but once u start getting blue pvp gear and weapons after lvl 25 u'll be having loads of fun .. i broke my Rouge Riftstalker/nightblade/assasins damage record today and it was well over 47 k lol, its awesome how much damage this soul combo can do
    Not to sound like an *** but sometimes its not about being top DPS or HPS but just being a pain in the *** to the other team. Had a guy in WFs on the guardian time who had a ranger who was just harassing the **** out of us running around the map, laying traps, kiting us and when things got hairy he would pop agility and run away. I was very much impressed because I had no way to stop him as a warrior
    Last edited by gman420; 03-07-2011 at 10:00 AM.

Ascendant

Its ok fun but not definitely great. Differnt kind of WFs and it could be like 100 time better though.
    Last edited by June; 03-07-2011 at 10:39 AM.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by June View Post
    Its ok fun but not definitely great. Differnt kind of WFs and it could be like 100 time better though.
    How so? What would you do different?

Soulwalker

I was enjoying them thoroughly

Then I hit 40. Now I don't queue. A full healing spec cleric can't even out heal one dps (Ok, maybe a mage or cleric dps ). If you don't get dropped in 10-15 seconds you'll end up a permanent critter or forever out of mana.

If I was a rogue or warrior (Or even a dominator mage) I'd be having a blast though

I have been 50 for a week now and I hated the PvP warfronts at first but that is because they were never kicking off. Now the 50 ones are kicking off all the time. I am enjoying them alot. Those butt whoopings do suck sometimes but it comes with the territory.

Everyone always wants to win and it is always the other class is OP when they lose or the other class sucks when they win.

I myself am enjoying them and find myself having to take breaks from Que to try and get some of my Notoriety up and do some of the expert dungeons.

+ Reply to Thread