+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Trion: Fix Warfronts

Rift Disciple

Default Trion: Fix Warfronts

The Warfront win/loss ratios between the two factions are horribly imbalanced. Nobody is going to put up with this PvP system if they face continuous losses. Those who support the system are merely attempting to sustain a system that benefits them (the people who stack the stronger faction or only run in premade groups). The system, as a whole, is unhealthy for competition and frustrating for its participants. Unless Trion attempts to innovate rather than emulate in terms of PvP balance, I see no future for Warfronts.

To those of you who want to maintain the status quo: How can you support a system with 80/20 or worse win/loss frequences for a majority of players? I would assume that you only support it if you happen to be on the winning side of that ratio, or if you otherwise benefit from the imbalance.

Telaran

I like a challenge and failure is the best teacher...if you lose figure out why and then pull your **** together and try different tactics. Make some friends and go in with some tactics. If people are going in with groups then they definitely have an advantage because they have tactics, know what they are capable of and so forth. To quote the Art of War "Know thyself before the enemy"

Champion of Telara

start winning, problem solved.

Soulwalker

or stop playing, problem also solved

I'm genuinely confused as to which faction is out-gunning the other. I presume the concern is that Defiants regularly trash Guardians, which is my experience?

I just assumed that the people who play Defiants also tend to enjoy PvP (not all, before I become subject to a flame-fest). I completely accept that this is a lay analysis, with no grounding in fact, and so I've just thought to suck it up and try and get better.

Whatever the arguments about balance and the OP/UP of certain classes, the range of classes available to each faction are balanced so I am not quite sure what you would do to "fix" Warfronts? Give one side or the other a handicap like golf?

Genuinely interested.

Ker

Quote Originally Posted by pechkin View Post
    start winning, problem solved.

Quote Originally Posted by Alox View Post
    or stop playing, problem also solved
    I have much love for these two solutions, as the logic they suggest is impeccable and without flaw.

Also, given that classes + souls for each side are exactly the same, and in warfronts the team sizes are exactly the same... i fail to see where said imbalance is.

I'm not sure Trion can fix how bad you and your team are at playing the game.

I for one have stopped playing and will most likely cancel my account here vary soon, so thank you for the tip I appropriate it.

I have no idea what guardians do to obtain a 98% win streak with up to 50 match's but they do, could it be that guardians make premades? I personally never really paid attention to that.
    We rode on the winds of the rising storm, We ran to the sounds of the thunder, We danced among the lightning bolts, and tore the world asunder.

It's the heals.. It frustrates me, because I have no control over my team mates.. They play how they want to play.. But you see, even if everyone is doing what they are supposed to do but we somehow have no healers in the warfront, we still lose..

On an average they have about 4 healers to our average of 1, in every warfront and we lose because of it..

If healing was this important to the success and failure of a warfront then why not make the matchmaking process allow the same amount of healers in each team unless its a premade (who should only play other premades)?

And after losing to healers all day, I get on the forums and have to read all those same healers claiming that they are still not strong enough and that Trion should continue to nerf warrior souls even more..

Trying to stay positive, but it's getting quite old.. I'm thinking that I should stay away from warfronts for a while.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vember View Post
    Two things decide pvp matches right now - pure healers and champions. Both need to be toned down, neither has anything to do with whether or not there's too much cc and not enough immunity.

Quote Originally Posted by Vyeth View Post
    It's the heals.. It frustrates me, because I have no control over my team mates.. They play how they want to play.. But you see, even if everyone is doing what they are supposed to do but we somehow have no healers in the warfront, we still lose..

On an average they have about 4 healers to our average of 1, in every warfront and we lose because of it..

If healing was this important to the success and failure of a warfront then why not make the matchmaking process allow the same amount of healers in each team
    or like.... create a game where 3 out of the 4 classes can be healers and switch to that role at the touch of a button...............
    oh wait

Angry

I agree holy crap we are getting face rolled in our warfronts half of our team just afks at the entrance there needs to be a vote kick option or report for afk players. Also I noticed that stun locks in this game are ******ed I play a warrior we wear plate a rouge can keep us stun locked until we are dead. I usually like to pvp, but with the endless times I have been in Black Garden and been stun locked as soon as I leave the spawn area the entire time till I die and re-spawn is making me think pvp in this game sucks worse than it did in aion there needs to be some diminishing returns on stuns. Also just another thought maybe break up the brackets to 5 levels not 10 like 1-5, 6-10, 11-15 and so on.

Its not that hard to adjust the battlegroups. If Battlegroup A has a 80/20 win ratio in favor of Gaurdian and Battlegroup B has a 70/30 win ratio in favor of Defiants change the battlegroups around so the Gaurdians from A face the Defiants from B.

There were harder battlegroups in WoW which made it easier for the better teams to have even matches.

On my battlegroup when I PuG the win ratio is about 50/50 during primetime. However, between about 10PM to 2PM the next day it is a 90% Gaurdian win rate. When I am put on swing shift and this is my primary time to play I wil be quiting and playing a different game that has a more balanced group.

I am not a good PvPer and I know this. I can not single handedly win a warfront. I can, however, enjoy my time in the warfront regardless if its a win/lose as long as I feel like I have a chance. Winning 1 out of every 10 games does not give that feeling.

Leg
    Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Keredh View Post
    I'm genuinely confused as to which faction is out-gunning the other. I presume the concern is that Defiants regularly trash Guardians, which is my experience?

I just assumed that the people who play Defiants also tend to enjoy PvP (not all, before I become subject to a flame-fest). I completely accept that this is a lay analysis, with no grounding in fact, and so I've just thought to suck it up and try and get better.

Whatever the arguments about balance and the OP/UP of certain classes, the range of classes available to each faction are balanced so I am not quite sure what you would do to "fix" Warfronts? Give one side or the other a handicap like golf?

Genuinely interested.

Ker
    Are you not 50 yet? at 50 it's at least a 90% winrate for guardians.

Quote Originally Posted by LutherVanguard View Post
    I for one have stopped playing and will most likely cancel my account here vary soon, so thank you for the tip I appropriate it.

I have no idea what guardians do to obtain a 98% win streak with up to 50 match's but they do, could it be that guardians make premades? I personally never really paid attention to that.
    its your battlegroup, rolll on another shard cluster, if not change factions, its not hard..

or quit , but dont pretend the problem is on trions end, they cant FORCE people to play the faction they want them to, so go ahead switch, go annoy those good players on guardian side so they switch to avoid peopel like you and we can balance the factions out, WE CAN DO EEET BRO!

/end sillynes

Leg
    Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by MeganW View Post
    Its not that hard to adjust the battlegroups. If Battlegroup A has a 80/20 win ratio in favor of Gaurdian and Battlegroup B has a 70/30 win ratio in favor of Defiants change the battlegroups around so the Gaurdians from A face the Defiants from B.

There were harder battlegroups in WoW which made it easier for the better teams to have even matches.

On my battlegroup when I PuG the win ratio is about 50/50 during primetime. However, between about 10PM to 2PM the next day it is a 90% Gaurdian win rate. When I am put on swing shift and this is my primary time to play I wil be quiting and playing a different game that has a more balanced group.

I am not a good PvPer and I know this. I can not single handedly win a warfront. I can, however, enjoy my time in the warfront regardless if its a win/lose as long as I feel like I have a chance. Winning 1 out of every 10 games does not give that feeling.
    They'd have to go in and balance it by server, because every single battlegroup is HEAVILY guardian dominated.

Quote Originally Posted by MeganW View Post

while this would proably be doable, it is not however, DOABLE AFTER A COUPLE OF WEEKS OF RELEASE
    people are still rerolling and switching factions and servers around, they will probably think of this, once the dust settles, man people really need to learn some patience, also, remember , differnet time zone people roll on differently time zoned servers, you cant really complain about "prime time" as prime time varies from shard to shard

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast