+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Enemy player disappeared mid-fight

Exclamation Enemy player disappeared mid-fight

I just had a very weird encounter few minutes ago during a short pvp fight. I was fighting an enemy cleric and slowly I started getting his HP down, killed his greater faerie, and then he instantly vanished. Plain and simple disappeared from my screen and wasn't in my target anymore. I'm 99% no cleric has any skill that allows you to vanish or blink (even though this wouldn't stand either because I play with camera zoomed out at max so I could've seen him still) and at same time remove a bunch of DoTs.

100% sure he had druid and shaman as I could gather from combat log as I use this soul combo too and I know all the skills. None allows you to do that.

Last thing from combat log: "Faerie's Fae Blast has been interrupted", that's my own faerie.

Is there any in-game item that allows a player to do that? Has anyone else encounter such a behavior? Can you force-disconnect from the game and by that be instantly "removed" from the server as well? As opposed to 20-sec wait for logout/exit.

PS: I presume that pressing exit button will still keep you in game for 20 more seconds even if you click "exit now". Anyone tested this?

LE: I forgot to add we were in open-field, no weird landmarks around, no instances, we were both fighting in melee range.
    Last edited by Drojdier; 03-07-2011 at 07:57 AM.

Telaran

How do you know he didn't disconnect as soon as you attacked him?

You can enter Warfronts in combat. He probably just got lucky and finished queue as you attacked him.

He either logoffskii'd, joined a warfront (somehow), or joined a PvE dungeon group that entered.

I bet the first.

Quote Originally Posted by CaiusM View Post
    How do you know he didn't disconnect as soon as you attacked him?
    Because he used his skills on me up to 1 sec before disappearing. And he attacked me, it would've been silly to attack me just to see if he can disconnect from server faster than I can kill him.

And yeah, silly me, forgot about WF/dungeons queues. Meh, if that's the case, the system is bad. Shouldn't allow you to go when you're in combat, that's why you have 1 minute timer to press the join warfront button
    Last edited by Drojdier; 03-07-2011 at 08:12 AM.

+ Reply to Thread