+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: The real "why" Defiant gets steamrolled

i'm 0 for my last 8 as a guardian in 20-29. i'd say you have help on the way. whereas we have lots of mages on the way.

Telaran

I recently played Codex match, were 8 of 10 players where rogues (defiant side).
    Last edited by SCofalik; 03-07-2011 at 09:23 AM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Onyxenigma View Post
    2. Don't mean to be steriotypical here, but facts are facts and the fact is that a larger % of female players enjoy healing compared to males and females tend to gravitate towards the "good" faction. Therefore the Guardians have more healers.
    I think this is the most important thing in the OP's post. On Emberlord, Defiant wins are very rare, and Guardians always come stacked with healers, and what he says here has a lot of merit.

I find that healing is far too powerful in this game.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Vember View Post
    I concur and I don't think we need a ungodly nerf bat of doom on clerics, just a slight increase in MP used for instant heals, but maybe more people should prep more readily to fight the healers and use team work to tear down those clerics, then the bards, then mop up the rest. From my experience in the WFs once the cleric goes down the rest of the opposing side falls pretty quickly and vice versa
    Last edited by gman420; 03-07-2011 at 09:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Exodus View Post
    You know warfronts are cross-server right?
    Yea but i see the same exact shards in every warfront. Pretty sure it is a battlegroup type system. And not that the same 4-5 shards are queueing.

Quote Originally Posted by Vember View Post
    I think this is the most important thing in the OP's post. On Emberlord, Defiant wins are very rare, and Guardians always come stacked with healers, and what he says here has a lot of merit.

I'm a Woman and I'm a Defiant and I'm a Rogue. I find the healer-female stereotype is just that - a stereotype - seen in some cases and labeled across all. Of all the women I've played MMOs with over the years I can think of only one that was a healer, the rest were tanks or various dps. I think this point is not nearly as valid without the shaky stereotype as a foundation.

Quote Originally Posted by Freyar View Post
    Let me start a blacklist then.
    And I just don't get this... Did you mean *snipe* cause otherwise it just makes no sense
    Last edited by Daemoness; 03-07-2011 at 09:35 AM. Reason: typo
    __________________________________________________ _________________________________________ ______ ____ ___ __ _

Rift Disciple

PuG warfronts will remain a mess with all the different class combinations and randomness involved.

I believe premades with thought out soul choices and roles/strats will become very competitive at 50.

Quote Originally Posted by Onyxenigma View Post
    2. Don't mean to be steriotypical here, but facts are facts and the fact is that a larger % of female players enjoy healing compared to males and females tend to gravitate towards the "good" faction. Therefore the Guardians have more healers.
    I heard once a very similiar thesis: Guardians are the good guys, the elf and fairy world and healertype players gravitate more around this sort of things.

But in all honesty, the Game just started and some people need to get hurt first before they start thinking and when more get to 50, more groups will join, everything will go more organised... currently i think that warfronts are mostly used as a means of diversion from normal lvling... so most actually dont care if they win or lose, just having some fun.

Rift Disciple

i've noticed that most people need origination and no one talks, so if you start calling out FRIENDLY orders and general reminders to everyone, sometimes you can actually see a noticeable sometimes instant gain.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Daemoness View Post
    I'm a Woman and I'm a Defiant and I'm a Rogue. I find the healer-female stereotype is just that - a stereotype - seen in some cases and labeled across all. Of all the women I've played MMOs with over the years I can think of only one that was a healer, the rest were tanks or various dps. I think this point is not nearly as valid without the shaky stereotype as a foundation.

Well, you know: stereotypes occur for a reason

As a side note, every lady I've ever personally known in an mmo has primarily played healers.
    Last edited by Vember; 03-07-2011 at 09:46 AM.

And I just don't get this... Did you mean *snipe* cause otherwise it just makes no sense
    No, "Snip", as in to snip text that I really don't need to repost since people that are curious can just check the link for the quote.

Quote Originally Posted by Freyar View Post
    "Snip"
    Ah thank you for the explaination Thats my noobism quota for the day! On to being awesome again ;)
    __________________________________________________ _________________________________________ ______ ____ ___ __ _

Ah thank you for the explaination Thats my noobism quota for the day! On to being awesome again ;)
    Usually done for extremely long blocks of quoted text.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Cyndel View Post
    I win some, I lose some. I win more than most defiant say they do.

You should add in when there are healers people don't help them. The healers get focused down and no one peels for them. That makes people less likely to play healers.

And more people played defiant on beta so on live a lot of people gravitated to the guardians because they thought they would be the underdogs. So I don't think it is a children vs. adult issue. I was going to play guardian but then all my friends already playing went defiant so that is where I went.
    This is so true, I play chloromancer/warlock if it wouldnt be for 6-10 people I have dotted up I would die in 10 seconds. People hardly ever peel for me, only in premades.

Champion

I don't know where you get that most children roll defiant. That's probably just pure BS. I seen many immature people running around on gaurdian side "UR BAD" "U SCRUB!!!!"

I can't picture a mature adult saying these things. Probably a teen or a freshman in college, or just some loser that has no life and sit around on the video games all day and nite in mom and dads basement.

As for age, I think that some adults may have rolled gaurdian and some defiant. I think it has lilttle bearing.

You would think the kiddies would be more skilled a game.. seeing as how us adults have real lifes to attend to such as work, and don't have all the time in the world to listen to the gossip on the internet and find out who is rolling what faction.

There is obviously a reason certain people rolled gaurdian. Probably some kind of class advantage that only a person with alot of time on their hands would realize.

When kelari lost their racial ability thats when you seen the shift from defiant to gaurdian.
    Originally Posted by Rawne
    Awww, are we resorting to insults?

And here was me thinking we could bestest friends and skip through fields of corn on a summers day.

Now i'm at a loss what to do, should I fly into a nerd rage and hurl insults back, slope off into a corner crying tears of frustration due to someone i'm never likely to have the pleasure of meeting saying mean things to me on a forum, cancel my pre order due to random stranger hinting that I may "sux at my class" because I didn't bother to check my dps while playing a beta for 2 days (because it's a new game ... my dps at this stage means so much it's like a burning pain in my chest) or do I offer the hug of joy and forget about it all......

Ahh the choices.....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast