Closed Thread

Thread: Warfront's AFKers / kick system

Default Warfront's AFKers / kick system

AFK'ers

So we got a bit of an AFK'er problem on our warfronts quite often. I would like to request a player kick vote system.

Basically popup window / vote to kick the player.

- 2/3 vote kicks a player.
    - That player can no longer rejoin the specific BG game he/she was in.
    (ie if the queue'd and got in the blackgarden 1, they could still re-queue but they are not able to get back in the blackgarden 1 game)
    - If the player is voted out 5 consecutive times he/she cannot queue for 1 hour.

Automated systems are nice, but they can be exploited, and sometimes unfairly affect users who are at there computers. (Dropped while defending?).

Also untill this can be resolved can we not initiate any leave early penalty, I usually just leave the game there in and only queue for the BG's that they are not in.
    Ralinblack - Faemist - Onineko - Assassin - LvL 50 - Rank 2
    Ralinsteel - Faemist - Onineko - Warrior - LvL 10 - Fear me!

bump for warfront love

Clearly this will never be abused by a group who just doesn't like someone else on their team. It will also be quite effective when the AFK problem gets so bad that more than 1/3 of the team is inactive and not voting.

About the only way to actually get rid of afk'ers entirely is to make it where they get nothing for just sitting idle. This could be a combination of several things. 1) The existing timeout which boots you if you're not doing anything. 2) Make the majority of points come from player kills, holding the fang, capturing objectives, etc. Things which require you to be active in order to accomplish. 3) Keep track of "contribution" when awarding any bonus team points at the end. Healing, damage, using damage/heal/cc/debuff (not buff) abilities at control points when enemies are near, etc. This last one is very tricky to balance properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryvn View Post
    Clearly this will never be abused by a group who just doesn't like someone else on their team. It will also be quite effective when the AFK problem gets so bad that more than 1/3 of the team is inactive and not voting.

About the only way to actually get rid of afk'ers entirely is to make it where they get nothing for just sitting idle. This could be a combination of several things. 1) The existing timeout which boots you if you're not doing anything. 2) Make the majority of points come from player kills, holding the fang, capturing objectives, etc. Things which require you to be active in order to accomplish. 3) Keep track of "contribution" when awarding any bonus team points at the end. Healing, damage, using damage/heal/cc/debuff (not buff) abilities at control points when enemies are near, etc. This last one is very tricky to balance properly.
    Yes - A group of people could abuse it, but that player could just re queue instantly and they would get into a different BG with different people. The chances for a legit player to be booted 5 times from different groups is pretty slim.

Yes - 2/3'rds might be a problem if there are 4 afk'ers (black garden) its not perfect.

I like Idea's 2 and 3, The current Favor system is kinda like that (objectives > Kills) and I really like it as it is. I wanna keep the same system, but I'm looking for a more immediate kicking effect.

Quote Originally Posted by ralinsilver View Post
    AFK'ers

So we got a bit of an AFK'er problem on our warfronts quite often. I would like to request a player kick vote system.

Basically popup window / vote to kick the player.

- 2/3 vote kicks a player.
    - That player can no longer rejoin the specific BG game he/she was in.
    (ie if the queue'd and got in the blackgarden 1, they could still re-queue but they are not able to get back in the blackgarden 1 game)
    - If the player is voted out 5 consecutive times he/she cannot queue for 1 hour.

Automated systems are nice, but they can be exploited, and sometimes unfairly affect users who are at there computers. (Dropped while defending?).

Also untill this can be resolved can we not initiate any leave early penalty, I usually just leave the game there in and only queue for the BG's that they are not in.
    No no no. kick systems get abused. Plus AFKing isnt a problem they get booted eventually. Thats why I dont AFK. I just go into stealth on my sin wander the middle and collect all the xp and favor wo doing anything. And to top it off I finish first every time. AFKers are doing it all wrong. They need to roll rogue and sit in stealth.

Asst. Community Manager Walsingham's Avatar

Hi everyone,

We already have several ongoing discussions about this topic. If you'd like to share your thoughts, you'll find the main discussion threads here:

http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...s-in-Warfronts

We're going to close this thread and ask that this discussion continue in one of the threads linked above so we can keep the discussions about this topic a little better consolidated.

As a friendly reminder, we do recommend using the forum search function (searching in thread titles works best) and checking through the last couple pages to see if there is already an existing thread about a topic you'd like to discuss. When topic discussions are consolidated, it not only makes it easier to use the search function, but it also aids the Rift Community and Development Teams when reading the forums and gathering feedback from your posts, ideas, and concerns.

If anyone has questions or concerns about this thread closure, please feel free to contact us at community@riftgame.com.

Thank you!

Asst. Community Manager Walsingham's Avatar

Hi everyone,

We already have several ongoing discussions about this topic. If you'd like to share your thoughts, you'll find the main discussion threads here:

http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...s-in-Warfronts

We're going to close this thread and ask that this discussion continue in one of the threads linked above so we can keep the discussions about this topic a little better consolidated.

As a friendly reminder, we do recommend using the forum search function (searching in thread titles works best) and checking through the last couple pages to see if there is already an existing thread about a topic you'd like to discuss. When topic discussions are consolidated, it not only makes it easier to use the search function, but it also aids the Rift Community and Development Teams when reading the forums and gathering feedback from your posts, ideas, and concerns.

If anyone has questions or concerns about this thread closure, please feel free to contact us at community@riftgame.com.

Thank you!

Closed Thread