+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Best class/spec to eliminate clerics/healers?

Soulwalker

Default Best class/spec to eliminate clerics/healers?

Theorycraft time - in your opinion, what is the goto cookie cuter build that eliminates healers (clerics, bards, chloromancer), etc? Class specific not necessary....

I was thinking Dominator, Pyromancer, and Archon - Or Voidknight, Riftblade, Vindicator....

Bottom line: which is the most effective spec to eliminate (either kill, or CC) clerics/healers in pvp?

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Mabon View Post
    Theorycraft time - in your opinion, what is the goto cookie cuter build that eliminates healers (clerics, bards, chloromancer), etc? Class specific not necessary....

I was thinking Dominator, Pyromancer, and Archon - Or Voidknight, Riftblade, Vindicator....

Bottom line: which is the most effective spec to eliminate (either kill, or CC) clerics/healers in pvp?
    18 or 19 Dom is pretty much the hard counter for Clerics and to a lesser extent, healers in general.

Tools to shut down Priests:
    Priest's Lament, Arresting Presence, Void Shroud, Mana Wrench, Transmogrify

Bards:
    Void Shroud, Mana Wrench, Transference, Transmogrify.

Chloro:
    Arresting Presence, Void Shroud, Transmogrify.

These are all instant-casts (except for the channeled Mana Wrench), so you can do it all on the move.

To shut down a Chloro, you really need an ability to remove buffs. Doms do not have this, you'd have to go into either Necro or Elemental to pick that up.

Soulwalker

good to know, i like, i see alot of dominator.

Any for Warrior/Rogue or Cleric that also shut downs healing?

Plane Touched

Champion has something in the tree that reduces healing by 50%, but it is not enough to stop full healers. Ihave had healers completely outheal me even through the 50% reduction, i just dont bother trying to 1 v 1 healers, i kill everyone else around them and they cant kill me so i dont have to worry to much about ignoring them.

The debuff works better on other classes rather then the healer itself i noticed.
    * Petition: Team Death match mode for all warfront maps.

The biggest mistake I see mages and other range classes do is try to tank me, as a warrior. Are you insane? What makes you believe you can fight and survive me at melee range as a guy wearing a bedsheet with a belt trying to pass it off as armor and the hp pool of a wetnapkin.

Am i supposed to be teaching you how to play your class in between beating you in the warfronts?

I have done incedibly well with this build: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0c...G0z.xe0qIkrubz

It is mainly due to the 8 second silence, but it also has a ton of damage and healing reduction. Not to mention the mana drains and offensive/defensive dispels.

Still though, the quickest way to shut down a cleric is a dominators transmogrify/mana wrench.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Xvvt View Post
    I have done incedibly well with this build: http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0c...G0z.xe0qIkrubz

It is mainly due to the 8 second silence, but it also has a ton of damage and healing reduction. Not to mention the mana drains and offensive/defensive dispels.

Still though, the quickest way to shut down a cleric is a dominators transmogrify/mana wrench.
    The quickest way is to blow them up with a sab or dps them with a champ. Either out damages the healing.

Next best is dps+heal debuff. Multiple specs have heal debuffs.

Transmorgify/mana wrench is only best if you pug. In any good group you want the cleric dead in a few secs, not drained after 30sec or so.

Telaran

For warriors riftblades, with rift storm, and void knights with all their mana burners, spell sunders and discharges make short work of clerics with a good selection of skills at your disposal and figuring out how your non-combat skills work will give you the edge to eliminate clerics but be warned you will lack in other areas. You can't have it all

+ Reply to Thread