+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: This is why Trion needs to give losing a Warfront NO EXP

Telaran

Default This is why Trion needs to give losing a Warfront NO EXP

http://i.imgur.com/rLgRg.jpg

Enough said. For the last 30 or so matches people have just /sleep in Warfront or just chatted. If this is how Trion wants WF's to be like then I don't know if a lot of people will be taking WF's seriously.
    twitch.tv/towelliee
    Towelliee - Deepwood Riftstalker Rogue

I have never seen this in a warfront, and I spend a lot of time in them. Don't all servers queue together for warfronts, or are they clustered now ? I am on Keenblade and see mostly Dayblind players so now I am curious how they are doing it. Regardless, to your point, I think most people want to win, I doubt this is a trend that will catch on. Its unfortunate you've run into this.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Devilschild View Post
    I have never seen this in a warfront, and I spend a lot of time in them. Don't all servers queue together for warfronts, or are they clustered now ? I am on Keenblade and see mostly Dayblind players so now I am curious how they are doing it. Regardless, to your point, I think most people want to win, I doubt this is a trend that will catch on. Its unfortunate you've run into this.
    You don't see it because it's a Defiant problem. This happens in most Black Garden games.

Problem is, removing any sort of XP award for losing teams will prevent people who see a 70-80% loss rate to never continue in PvP. This means less people playing, longer queues, and earlier "quits".

The AFK/sleep/stupid problem is an issue, but 0 XP for a loss isn't the way to go.

Saturday I had a record 4 AFKers in Black Garden....40% of the team.

0 DPS or healing done...lol.

Needless to say, we got wiped in about 5 seconds and that was that.
    Last edited by Vihar; 03-07-2011 at 07:34 AM.
    Otherwise known as Morganlefae

Soulwalker

I don't think awarding 0 exp is a good idea. Like someone said above me, lose a few matches in a row, and you won't really feel like coming back again. At least right now I can lose a few matches and still feel like it was worthwhile.

Soulwalker

I think a better idea would be that if a person contributed nothing to a WF then they get no xp. Or to prevent someone from jumping in and curing once, that the xp you get at the end of the WF is dependant on your contribution.

Contribution is a tricky thing to consider. Just at what point is the bar met? What happens when you miss it by "that much"? What of someone just casting buffs on themselves? What of someone just casting random healing HoTs on people after buffing each resurrect wave (by timing)?

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by xBinkus View Post
    I don't think awarding 0 exp is a good idea. Like someone said above me, lose a few matches in a row, and you won't really feel like coming back again. At least right now I can lose a few matches and still feel like it was worthwhile.
    Um are you not listening?

Right now I get 4.2K EXP for losing a Warfront in Blackgarden. 4.2K for 3 minutes of AFK which is quicker than finishing up a quest . So I am SURE people will NOT stop coming if they lose 4 times in row. Hell I seen the last 2 hours same people afking. Why? Cause they get almost asmuch EXP for losing as Guardians do for winning.

So yes no EXP for losing is the way to fix this. Same way WoW does it. Hate to say it. But at low levels WoW doesn't give you any EXP for losing a BG and that makes people who want to win queue and afk'ers get to quest.
    twitch.tv/towelliee

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Archsage View Post
    I think a better idea would be that if a person contributed nothing to a WF then they get no xp. Or to prevent someone from jumping in and curing once, that the xp you get at the end of the WF is dependant on your contribution.
    Excellent idea, have it just like the rifts.

Quote Originally Posted by towelthetank View Post
    Um are you not listening?

Right now I get 4.2K EXP for losing a Warfront in Blackgarden. 4.2K for 3 minutes of AFK which is quicker than finishing up a quest . So I am SURE people will NOT stop coming if they lose 4 times in row. Hell I seen the last 2 hours same people afking. Why? Cause they get almost asmuch EXP for losing as Guardians do for winning.

So yes no EXP for losing is the way to fix this. Same way WoW does it. Hate to say it. But at low levels WoW doesn't give you any EXP for losing a BG and that makes people who want to win queue and afk'ers get to quest.
    Just how are lower-level PvPers supposed to gain progress here? We're already seeing everybody at each other's throats due to perceived imbalances and stupidity. I go in to win, but when I see the team decide to run around our own tree in the Garden because they're idiots, why should I be getting ZERO experience when I'm still working my *** off anyway? At that point, I'd be better off playing a bot-match on my own.

Plane Touched

Maybe they need more then just an afk timer, maybe they should have it so, if you havent given or recieved any damage/healing in 3 minutes you are removed from the warfront, and also when the match starts you are forced to move off of the starting zone.

Or give us the option to right click that player and report him for afking in the warfront, and if the majority of the team reports this player he cant join another warfront for an Hour the first time, 5 hours the second time, and then a whole day the third time. ANd this timer resets after a full week of not being reported for afking in the warfront.

This means if your fellow players report you often enough for afking you will eventually get banned, this way it isnt abused by players who just dont like a certain person.
    * Petition: Team Death match mode for all warfront maps.

The biggest mistake I see mages and other range classes do is try to tank me, as a warrior. Are you insane? What makes you believe you can fight and survive me at melee range as a guy wearing a bedsheet with a belt trying to pass it off as armor and the hp pool of a wetnapkin.

Am i supposed to be teaching you how to play your class in between beating you in the warfronts?

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by synrgy View Post
    Excellent idea, have it just like the rifts.

yeah, i know i'd never que at least for black garden again... since all i do is heal, and win, id get **** on because i didn't get enough kills......
    Last edited by Lobos GoreFang; 03-07-2011 at 08:03 AM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by MrFoxx View Post
    Maybe they need more then just an afk timer, maybe they should have it so, if you havent given or recieved any damage/healing in 3 minutes you are removed from the warfront, and also when the match starts you are forced to move off of the starting zone.

Or give us the option to right click that player and report him for afking in the warfront, and if the majority of the team reports this player he cant join another warfront for an Hour the first time, 5 hours the second time, and then a whole day the third time. ANd this timer resets after a full week of not being reported for afking in the warfront.

This means if your fellow players report you often enough for afking you will eventually get banned, this way it isnt abused by players who just dont like a certain person.
    you must be new to this mmo thing....

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Freyar View Post
    Just how are lower-level PvPers supposed to gain progress here? We're already seeing everybody at each other's throats due to perceived imbalances and stupidity. I go in to win, but when I see the team decide to run around our own tree in the Garden because they're idiots, why should I be getting ZERO experience when I'm still working my *** off anyway? At that point, I'd be better off playing a bot-match on my own.
    Once again you're not listening. IF YOU GIVE PEOPLE 0 EXP FOR LOSING THEN PEOPLE WHO ACTUALLY ANT TO WIN WILL JOIN AND QUEUE AND YOU WILL WIN MORE.

jesus effing christ.
    twitch.tv/towelliee

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast