+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Warfonts need a vote afk option

Rift Disciple

Default Warfonts need a vote afk option

If a certain number of players vote someone afk(lets say 4) they are kicked. The afk system right now just punishes legitimate players who do not use programs, not the ones that afk but turn on auto button presses so they keep refreshing buffs for 30 seconds or so.

Second option is if they do not contribute any damage or heals they do not gain anything.

Third option is(at least for black garden), if they're in the respawn point while alive count down the afk timer, even if they're hoping up and down, spamming heals etc. If they're in the respawn point that long there is no way they are contributing.

As for the 1st option, you will have a premade party kicking people from warfronts for fun.
    As for 2nd, maybe it's reasonable, but the contribution has to be meaningful. Then again, you might have people defending a flag in Codex who won't see a single fight for the duration of warfront and yet they are important to be there.
    For the 3rd, I've seen bots able to russh into fight, melee something, die, rez, repeat.
    Last edited by Schmicks; 03-07-2011 at 06:26 AM.

Rift Disciple

i'd rather risk the off chance that a premade kicks their own team for "fun" then to have afkers constantly on my team which is even less fun then being kicked out by my own team.

You say that now. Anyway, Trion is not going to implement a system that allows for griefing.

Rift Disciple

Well AFKs are ruining Warfronts they need to be dealt with sooner rather than later.

So we got a bit of an AFK'er problem on our warfronts quite often. I would like to request a player kick vote system.

Basically popup window / vote to kick the player.

- 2/3 vote kicks a player.
    - That player can no longer rejoin the specific BG game he/she was in.
    (ie if the queue'd and got in the blackgarden 1, they could still re-queue but they are not able to get back in the blackgarden 1 game)
    - If the player is voted out 5 consecutive times he/she cannot queue for 1 hour.

Automated systems are nice, but they can be exploited, and sometimes unfairly affect users who are at there computers. (Dropped while defending?).

Also untill this can be resolved can we not initiate any leave early penalty, I usually just leave the game there in and only queue for the BG's that they are not in.
    Ralinblack - Faemist - Onineko - Assassin - LvL 50 - Rank 2
    Ralinsteel - Faemist - Onineko - Warrior - LvL 10 - Fear me!

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Schmicks View Post
    You say that now. Anyway, Trion is not going to implement a system that allows for griefing.
    then by what you are saying, they should remove world pvp since that system has tons of griefing
    Last edited by Supra99; 03-07-2011 at 07:10 AM.

+ Reply to Thread