+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Please remove the ability to understand the other side.

General of Telara

Default Please remove the ability to understand the other side.

Im sick of getting ROFL stomped in every WF and then having the other side think its cool to spam shout how terrible we are. Please remove the ability to understand the other side. I know we suck because we are losing I dont need the idiots from the other side insulting us because they have small ones IRL and need to be e-thugs to feel special. I already had to turn off WF chat to avoid the people from pvp servers that seem to think its cool and mature to insult their own team mates do I have to turn off shout next?

Ascendant

Heal and buff game, you got them you win, you dont, get ****ed. Sadly there isnt even matchmaking who make sure theres heals and buffs for both sides. That much they like us PVPers, not to mention I think that grey/green thing is broken. People dont kill whats important because they're grey, they go for greens to get favor. ********.
    Last edited by June; 03-07-2011 at 12:56 AM.

Rift Disciple

I would be happy with them just putting in a lack of understanding from anyone on the Regulos server. That would make the PvP in Rift so much more enjoyable. ;)

Please, Trion, make it an OPTION for people to turn off cross-faction chat. Some of us want it on, but it would be nice to not hear the constantly complaints and belly aching from some people that can't handle cross-faction chat.

OPTIONS, please. Options.
    -According to a Facebook quiz, I'm a genius.

You have the option to do it already. Simply disable say and yell channels in chat settings upon entering the warfront. Or make yourself a special tab called "warfronts" with say and yell disabled and switch to that tab when you're there. There, your problem is fixed.
    Last edited by Schmicks; 03-07-2011 at 01:05 AM.

Stop trying to make this into WoW !

Only in WoW two sides live side by side and fight for hundreds of years then make alliences against common enemy and all this without understanding a word of what each is saying .

p.s I'd rather face some flames i can respond to then a macroed /spit /hug /lol /chicken etc ... uget my point .
    Last edited by The Last Sin; 03-07-2011 at 01:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmicks View Post
    You have the option to do it already. Simply disable say and yell channels in chat settings upon entering the warfront. Or make yourself a special tab called "warfronts" with say and yell disabled and switch to that tab when you're there. There, your problem is fixed.
    But then the majority wouldn't be subjected to the expectations and demands of the few people who don't want to simply make a decision on how THEY should play the game, but how EVERYONE should be forced to play it as well. And we can't have that, can we?
    -According to a Facebook quiz, I'm a genius.

Rift Disciple

I don't mind seeing the yells, it's actually mostly funny stuff and the "PWNed!" ones show you who the easy targets are on the enemy team.
    Just like we used to say when goofing around in DAoC battlegrounds if someone /rofl emote-spammed after a kill: "Only really bad palyers celebrate a single kill, decent players have 100s of kills a day and don't care about each individual one"

And to people whining in the own teams chat, it's the same thing, it shows who the bad players on your side are, on whom you shouldn't waste heals for instance.
    Seriously, if you keep an eye out for those complainers, or look them up in the list at the end of the run, have you EVER seen one of them actually being effective? I haven't.
    They are mostly standing in a corner raging half of the run because of one unlucky death instead of focussing on winning.
    Last edited by Naelee; 03-07-2011 at 01:52 AM.

Plane Touched

Grow thicker skin. I don't want my ability to converse with the other faction removed because some people failed to develop coping mechanisms in high school and can't handle being hit with lame insults by strangers on the internet.

I agree this is very annoying. I'm playing on RP-PvP server and everytime I kill someone it's "NOOBS" "LAME" "OMFG". Firesand is a RP server, act accordingly!
    Last edited by GoldenArrow; 03-07-2011 at 04:30 AM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenArrow View Post
    I agree this is very annoying. I'm playing on RP-PvP server and everytime I kill someone it's "NOOBS" "LAME" "OMFG". Firesand is a RP server, act accordingly!
    This comment isn't entirely appropriate to the discussion. I understand your gripe, but you're playing against more than just people on your server...

This.

You can do it already.

I like understanding each other. I get to apologize for the Defeateds poor showing after every WF.
    Otherwise known as Morganlefae

There's a legitimate reason to have those channels enabled anyway. Teammates I want to hear/read, enemies not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by thomasmgp View Post
    Im sick of getting ROFL stomped in every WF and then having the other side think its cool to spam shout how terrible we are.
    No. Would make it impossible to spam them in open world pvp after you nuked them because there, they are alone.. no 4 healers in their *** ;-) Deny them pve / done.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by The Last Sin View Post
    Stop trying to make this into WoW !

Only in WoW two sides live side by side and fight for hundreds of years then make alliences against common enemy and all this without understanding a word of what each is saying .

p.s I'd rather face some flames i can respond to then a macroed /spit /hug /lol /chicken etc ... uget my point .
    agreed, stop losing and you dont have to listen to them insult lol. i enjoy being able to the other side.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast