+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Please remove the ability to understand the other side.

Rift Disciple

+1

Remove communication between factions please. this will also help stop griefers.

OR since all you carebears can't take it, just on our cool pvp servers.

i play late at night and don't see this a lot, its ususaly only between 4pm - 2am EST. (Go figure before all the kiddies go to sleep)

After that i don't see it too much, and when i do.. guess what, its a defiant doing it.
    Last edited by Lobos GoreFang; 03-07-2011 at 08:10 AM.

so someone from the other side tells you....haha you suck!...oh well get over it. It's a game folks...relax.
    Gamelist: Shadowbane(6yrs) Age of Conan(2yrs) WoW(1yr)
    CHARLIE SHEEN DA GOD: "I'M BI-WINNING..I WIN HERE..I WIN THERE"

[Killer]93%[Achiever]60%[Socializer]33%[Explorer]13%

Rift Disciple

no, its not "hahah you suck" its

"OMGZ PAWNSZIGHASD BWQQQQ HAHA NEWB YOUSDMASDHSG AHAHD!!!!" (X200)

are we fighting asian gold farmers or what?
    Last edited by Lobos GoreFang; 03-07-2011 at 08:12 AM.

Then you will have a
    "AG HT HWAEHRETHBN HTRH AE HAETRH" x200

Did it solve your spam problem?

Soulwalker

i hope they leave it in the near future.

I, like most others enjoy this feature.

I enjoy being able to talk to the Defiant, especially in the open world. Don't ruin my fun just because you can't handle a dose of inflammatory text...
    you get wound up by people you understand as being griefers. Which doesn't make sense. You know they're trying to troll you, yet you go ahead and get trolled anyways?

and like Shmicks said; just make a chat tab that only allows you to see Warfront chat. Or also guild, whispers. etc.

None of your teammates will talk to you in /s or /y during a warfront so I think the solution is blindingly simple.

Thanks for another fun thread, PvP & Warfronts discussion.

Oh, and as for the issue on Firesand; I don't approve of people trolling Rpers, just because it's ridiculous. However, if you're accustomed with RP servers then you'll know that you're ganna get trolled

Default Interesting

This is an interesting conumdrum... While I don't find it necessary to do it myself when I am beating another team I do find it rather annoying when (like this morning) every queue into Black Garden only had me and 2 other defiants in it. Then the other team was down there /y stupid stuff because we wouldn't come down. Well I'm not gonna go down there knowing we will get roflstomped because its 3 v 10. Its pointless. When its a fair fight and we are losing we get flamed from both sides - our own teammates and the other team.

I think my problem is more of not creating a warfront if the teams are not at least somewhat balanced. If its a fair fight and people want to /y at each other go for it if thats what floats your boat. If its an unfair fight and people still want to /y its just stupid.

So I guess I don't think its necessary to disable /y but I do think there needs to be better perimeters put in place to make sure teams are balanced.
    __________________________________________________ _________________________________________ ______ ____ ___ __ _

Plane Touched

It is a nice change of pace to be able to talk to the other side. I approve.

I like that we can speak cross-faction, especially playing on an rp-pvp server. You can actually rp with the other side

People abusing the system however, should be dealt with as someone within your faction would be dealt with, by reporting them and placing them on ignore.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmicks View Post
    You have the option to do it already. Simply disable say and yell channels in chat settings upon entering the warfront. Or make yourself a special tab called "warfronts" with say and yell disabled and switch to that tab when you're there. There, your problem is fixed.
    Thus we get to the meat of the matter... people just being too lazy to use what Trion has given them. TRION leave the cross faction chat, as most players do enjoy it, and most players are not abusing it. For the few of you that are either very thin skinned, or have the bad luck of constantly bumbing into jerks simply disable what you don't like. Although if you disable the War Fronts chat then you really need to look to finding a new server or simply just should not play War Fronts. It's all about team work. If you can't read / follow directions you have no business in a War front. That simple. Good Day now!
    Intel i5-650 (OCed to 3.61GHz) RAM: 8Gb Kingston VID: Nvidia GTX 460 DDR5 1G x2 (SLI) Win 7-64
    FEAR IS THE PATH TO THE VIGIL. FEAR LEADS TO ANGER. ANGER LEADS TO HATE.
    HATE LEADS TO THE GUARDIANS...

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Malleus View Post
    Thus we get to the meat of the matter... people just being too lazy to use what Trion has given them. TRION leave the cross faction chat, as most players do enjoy it, and most players are not abusing it. For the few of you that are either very thin skinned, or have the bad luck of constantly bumbing into jerks simply disable what you don't like. Although if you disable the War Fronts chat then you really need to look to finding a new server or simply just should not play War Fronts. It's all about team work. If you can't read / follow directions you have no business in a War front. That simple. Good Day now!
    Very well said

If that's the case, allow me to set a trigger that rejects enemy say and yell. Why should I have to disable anything from my team, anything my team could use in order to not have to deal with the enemy team pretending they're awesome 'cause they've got a full compliment of combatants while I've got three AFKers.

Shadowlander

I personally enjoy it.

Yes, it CAN be annoying to see constant spam, but when that happens I simply have an alternate chat window tab without certain channels to switch to.

The game is too much like WoW as it is... lets not keep adding to it.

Lore wise you can't disable chat between both sides in this game. Its not horde vs alliance where everyone has their own languages. These 2 factions are political, not racial. Why they segregate between the races is beyond me. Apparently the gods felt only 3 races were worth bring back to life to save Telara. The rest of the races were like the fat kids that got picked last during PE when you were playing basketball. Someone had to pick them, might as well make the best of it with what you've got.

But seriously. Open up all races to both sides. Its makes absolutely no sense to have the races segregated by factions. These factions are just political, and we have some ****ed up gods if they honestly are that prejudice to bring back to life to defend the world for them a bahmi, eth or kelari. I mean hell, they chose dwarves. WTF is with that? Give me Bahmi's instead of dwarves!

Sounds like a simple solution to disable the /y /s in a chat window. I will do that for particularly bad fights, lol. But I am fine with leaving the mechanics as is. It is nice to have the ability to converse with the other side. I like to have that dynamic available for use. A little trash talking is fun some times.
    Last edited by Dark Lord Natas; 03-07-2011 at 10:35 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast