+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Give favor bonus to flag carrier

Soulwalker

Default Give favor bonus to flag carrier

Yesterday, was playing Whitefall warfront. I took and delivered flag 3 times, one more guy was running with me protecting, and all the rest (both guards and defiants) were simply farming kills in center.

Guess what, i received lowest favor in my team, with opposing team favor leaders being very close. So, whats the incentive to bother with flags at all?

Make people staying in range of flag carrier getting more favor, or something.
    Last edited by Hexlin; 03-07-2011 at 12:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hexlin View Post
    Yesterday, was playing Whitefall warfront. I took and delivered flag 3 times, one more guy was running with me protecting, and all the rest (both guards and defiants) were simply farming kills in center.

Guess what, i received lowest favor in my team, with opposing team favor leaders being very close. So, whats the incentive to bother with flags at all?

Make people staying in range of flag carrier getting more favor, or something.
    WARFRONTS are nothing more then PvE to get favor. This is just like Aion except you can chose to lose and fight people or PvE win and not fight people.
    World PvP FTW only objective is to kill the enemy.
    Last edited by MopDaddy; 03-07-2011 at 12:38 AM.
    Briarcliff I make em scream.

Quote Originally Posted by Selenity View Post
    I'm not sure if you are talking to him or me. But I do care. I even care about what would bring you to the place that you would put such pictures on your profile.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by MopDaddy View Post
    WARFRONTS are nothing more then PvE to get favor. This is just like Aion except you can chose to lose and fight people or PvE win and not fight people.
    World PvP FTW only objective is to kill the enemy.

2 things...

1--This doesn't address the issue he presents, IE people getting more favor in a warfront by completely ignoring the objectives, this makes as much sense as people getting gear in raids while completely ignoring the bosses.

2--Honestly I wish that someone would create a BG/warfront/whatever that was just a free for all kill each other for a set amount of time and whoever had the most kills wins at the end of the timer, or something along these lines. Capture the flag/hold the fang/king of the mountain/etc are fun and all but I agree it would be nice to have a pvp zone that is simply for the purpose of killing each other instead of going after random objectives.
    Quote Originally Posted by nacho View Post
    WoW's community is one of the worst communities for an entertainment product you will ever find. Specifically, its PvP community certainly one of the most toxic cesspools of inhumanity you will ever find.
    In the center of that cesspool is the arena and its adherents; an ever-present stream of misery gushing forth that cannot be stopped once unsealed.

It's better for Rift to let those undesirables die from lack of nourishment than to see them infest another outlet.

Doing the objective should be most important favor-based thing you can do. :| You WIN the game by doing the objective. Imagine how slow Codex would be if you only got 2 points a kill and there wasn't any capturing? The amount of favor gained...I cannot say how much it should be, but definetly it should be worth quite a bit.
    the PTS exists for a reason people. Go on, give your feedback, and help make RIFT a better game.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince of a Thousand enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

couldnt agree more, i think the flag should be treated like the fang you get favor based on the time you are holding it.

The hard part is balancing favor rewards for the flag versus the potential gain of long drawn-out games with a large number of kills as a result. If things were fair, the flag carrier would get the most, but you can't do that without either giving the Fueled LAttice Generator carrier too much, or artificially reducing the amount earned from PvP kills.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Freyar View Post
    The hard part is balancing favor rewards for the flag versus the potential gain of long drawn-out games with a large number of kills as a result. If things were fair, the flag carrier would get the most, but you can't do that without either giving the Fueled LAttice Generator carrier too much, or artificially reducing the amount earned from PvP kills.

Easy fix, people carring/healing/defending/attacking around flags and FCs get a % of favor equal to the total number of kills in the warfront.

Not sure exact numbers but an example would be...

100 kills in a warfront = 1000 favor for kills
    People completing/assisting with flags get 600-700 favor split between then and the rest get the remaining 300-400 split between them.

Again this isn't an exact example and I'm sure it's full of holes but you get the idea of what I am talking about.
    Last edited by Martyrofsand; 03-07-2011 at 02:03 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by nacho View Post
    WoW's community is one of the worst communities for an entertainment product you will ever find. Specifically, its PvP community certainly one of the most toxic cesspools of inhumanity you will ever find.
    In the center of that cesspool is the arena and its adherents; an ever-present stream of misery gushing forth that cannot be stopped once unsealed.

It's better for Rift to let those undesirables die from lack of nourishment than to see them infest another outlet.

+ Reply to Thread