+ Reply to Thread

Thread: PvP Making Great Strides, The Most Glaring Issue Currently

Rift Disciple

Default PvP Making Great Strides, The Most Glaring Issue Currently

#2. Matchmaking- Even being able to form a 5 man team is a huge advantage. I have done public games and gone hours without winning. I have also done an premade team and gone 40 or so straight wins and made obscene amounts of honor. Vent and an organized strategy cannot be beat by any public team. Either way it is really not that fun, it's either impossible or a rollfest it really takes away the middle ground where any sort of enjoyment is had by either team. I do like the massive amounts of favor but it has turned WF into a boring mundane gear vending machine. I would like to see some effort put forth by the devs into matchmaking that results in a well balanced close match. I don't care if I have to wait 4-5 minutes for a match, it beats never having a fun challenging game in a night of PvP grinding. The gear is not going to keep me coming back for more PvP and renewing my subscription but intense PvP content will.

-Thank You for reading the entire post, Please try to be constructive in your reply.

Prophet of Telara

How about instead of worrying about matchmaking, worry about booting AFK-ers and putting the right mix of classes into each WF? Those 2 issues surely account for more lopsidedness in WF's than pre-mades, which are mostly scrubs, tbh.

The completely random nature of WF teams is the biggest issue, not pre-mades.

since there are too many thread liek this...

what's your fav premade team?

i would go for rolfblade, sabs & dominator + healer & (insert any soul, preferably pet class)

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Qaedyan View Post
    How about instead of worrying about matchmaking, worry about booting AFK-ers and putting the right mix of classes into each WF? Those 2 issues surely account for more lopsidedness in WF's than pre-mades, which are mostly scrubs, tbh.

The completely random nature of WF teams is the biggest issue, not pre-mades.
    I agree with you that is definitely a contributor in addition to what I outlined. Though I believe both issues are a problem of matchmaking. It does not matter the quality of a pre-made given organization and vent and they will beat people of better skill.

as for AFKers it is the same problem they have with all the other User Agreement violators. They have not implemented a community based reporting system that is easy and convenient to use complete with staff to review it. I have reported the guy that spams my in game mail 3-4 times now but I still get the same plat for money spam every day when I log on.
    Last edited by Phonike; 03-06-2011 at 11:46 PM.

+ Reply to Thread