+ Reply to Thread

Thread: AOE and stealth

Soulwalker

Default AOE and stealth

I think AoEs should not only hit stealthed players but break stealth aswell. Don't really see a need for an argument, it's ridiculous that it doesn't.

Champion of Telara

it does, but rogues got bajilion skills that enable non-breakable stealth

Soulwalker

It's happened time an time again. I survive the onslaught(initial spike and stuns) an start face stomping the assassin only to have the little prick up an disappear into advanced stealth an wait till i'm gone, no chance at retribution.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Wrylion View Post
    It's happened time an time again. I survive the onslaught(initial spike and stuns) an start face stomping the assassin only to have the little prick up an disappear into advanced stealth an wait till i'm gone, no chance at retribution.
    I played infiltrator in DAOC and Rogue in WoW. I've done my share of attackin people when they weren't ready. I now play a necro/war/dom. I don't mind at all getting attacked when I'm levelling. I don't QQ and I'm very situationally aware.

I dump my GT AOE a lot if a stealther is around. I look around. I try not to get engaged where I can't fight back. I carry consumables. I spec for CC.

I'd like to be actively able to fight back if one of those guys is there and AOE should break all stealth.

I never had a problem with it as a rogue and repsected playersd who did everything they could to counter me.

Currently I can't do much.

If you get me, it's cool, that's the game but if I know you aare there I'd like a few tools to try and fight. Really you will still lsoe if up against a good rogue but ez mode ropgue is sorta meh

Telaran

Assassin's get an ability called hidden veil, it prevents any damaging attack from knocking you out of stealth for 15 seconds (this timer starts when you first receive any damage, other wise it remains on you until then)

Slip away (vanish if you played wow) also makes them immune to damaging effects for 3 seconds upon entering stealth. If hidden veil is not on any dot will pull them back out easy enough.

That spec, more so than any other rogue spec relies on openers to start a fight. They can win without it but they do make a big difference. I see where you're coming from and I've played a rogue class for years, preventing their openers is a valid tactic and should probably not be nullified by one talent. With that being said , sins are probably the easiest variant of rogue to kill imo. You just have to adjust the strats you're used to using vs rogues and or figure out other viable tactics.

I'm not trying to sound condescending at all but this is a new game with new abilities, adjustments will have to be made to peoples play style to compensate. If you can't make adjustments and figure out tactics that work then I guess keep trying, perhaps make friends with a rogue and duel a lot. Ask questions and figure out which abilities they're using , what they do and what you can do to counter it.

+ Reply to Thread