+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The New Saboteur: An Explosive Combatant!

Default The New Saboteur: An Explosive Combatant!

The Explosive Combatant:

NOTE: This idea is NOT meant to nerf saboteurs by any means. I'm only trying to balance.

This new idea of saboteur, is what I first expected when I read about the class: An silent man of deceit. Someone who sneaks in, covers them in explosives and pulls the plunger....

This isn't what we got. we got an OP BOMB user with no risk and tons of rewards. With this revamped tree, u really experience the explosive and deadly, powers of Sabotage. Please read and enjoy, let me know what you think. Maybe this will become a reality.

Overview of Changes:

-Blast charge and all charges, changed to a melee ability
    -New Ability Added
    - Added Stealth
    -Added New Ability- Replaces Chemical Bomb (Sabs version of Sap) -Noxious Gas Trap
    -New Ability Added- Replaces Fragmentation Bomb -Combust Strike
    -New Soul Talent Added – Removed “Improved Blast Charge”
    -Change to Silent Setup
    --New Combo Breaker– Removes Debilitating Trap
    -Changed Combo Breaker –Detonate

-Blast charge and all charges, changed to a melee ability that reads as such:

Blast Charge
    Melee Range
    20 Energy
    Cooldown: .75
    Instant
    Attaches a Charge onto the enemy, dealing weapon plus 81 to 84 Physical damage per Charge when activated. Up to 5 Charges can be attached onto the enemy. Energy is refunded if the Rogue is out of combat. Not Affected by Global Cooldown. Does not break stealth.

- Added Stealth

-Added New Ability- Replaces Chemical Bomb (Sabs version of Sap)
    Noxious Gas Trap
    30 Energy
    Cooldown: 20 seconds
    Instant
    Sets an camoflagued trap (looks like an artifact) that contaminates the target area with a Silent odorless gas that renders foes unconscious for 4 seconds and then lingers for the next 6 seconds, victims in the gas take 45 earth damage each half second they move. Max 5 enemies within the area. Must be in stealth. Does not break Stealth.

-New Ability Added
    Initiate Explosives –

Initiate Explosives
    Melee Range
    50 Energy
    Instant
    A devastating attack that deals weapon plus260 to 265 Earth damage and causes all charges on the foe, to explode and blast the rogue back 10 meters. Must have atleast 1 charge attached to enemy. Must be in stealth. Awards 1 Combo Point.

-New Ability Added
    - Replaces Fragmentation Bomb

Combust Strike
    Melee range
    30 Energy
    Instant
    Requires Melee Weapon
    A brutal attack that deals weapon plus 60 to 63 Physical damage and explodes 1 charge on the enemy. Awards 1 Combo Point.

-New Soul Talent Added – Removed “Improved Blast Charge”

Rearm the Dud 0/2
    Combust Strike has a 20/40% change to reapply a Charge it detonated.

-Change to Silent Setup

Silent Setup 0/3
    Gives a 33/66/100% chance to apply 2 charges to a target and 3 charges while stealthed.

-New Combo Breaker– Removes Debilitating Trap

Gunpowered
    Melee range
    40 Energy
    Instant
    Requires Melee Weapon
    A Finisher that deals weapon plus Earth damage, and then increases charge damage by 200%. Charges affected, is increased with more Combo Points. Energy Cost is reduced with more Combo Points. Damage bonus from Attack Power is increased with more Combo Points.
    1 Point: 70 damage, 5 charges
    2 Points: 117 damage, 10 charges
    3 Points: 164 damage, 15 charges
    4 Points: 187 damage, 20 charges
    5 Points: 234 damage, 25 charges

-Changed Combo Breaker –Detonate

Detonate
    30 Meter Range
    40 Energy
    Cooldown: 30seconds
    Instant
    A Finisher that deals weapon plus Physical damage and detonates the Charges you have attached onto the enemy. This ability is so explosive, it can have dangerous outcomes and lash back at the user. 25% change to knock rogue back 15 meters. 25% chance to stun rogue for 5 seconds (no DR). 25% chance to remove 15% of Rogue's maximum health. 25% chance to explode for an extra 260 damage. Energy Cost is reduced with more Combo Points. Damage bonus from Attack Power is increased with more Combo Points. This attack never misses, and cannot be parried, dodged or blocked.
    1 Point: 78 damage
    2 Points: 130 damage
    3 Points: 182 damage
    4 Points: 208 damage
    5 Points: 260 damage

Shadowlander

Nerf detonate so it is as effective as another finisher or slightly better, and then change the attach charge spells so it does some dmg.. problem solved..
    You can now heal through their dmg, and don't have to be afraid to loose 80% of your health with one spell ..

Quote Originally Posted by Timaeus552 View Post
    Nerf detonate so it is as effective as another finisher or slightly better, and then change the attach charge spells so it does some dmg.. problem solved..
    You can now heal through their dmg, and don't have to be afraid to loose 80% of your health with one spell ..
    This isnt a nerf this, or buff that thread. Its an alter and balance. No nerfing included in this. Please take that somewhere else.
    Last edited by Raught19; 03-06-2011 at 11:04 PM.

Champion of Telara

FYI: Sab is getting a slight buff, and so far they are not touching the damage or functioning.

Deal. It's the way they want it to work, and it's fine. And this is a "nerf" thread. The soul works as it's meant to, and people want to make it useless and/or weaker than intended. Changing the "role" does not equate to fixing anything.

Last edited by Txzeenath; 03-06-2011 at 11:07 PM.
    CPU: AMD Phenom II x4 965 Black Edition 3.4GHZ - O/C - Running 24/7 at 4.2GHZ
    GPU: 2x XFX Radeon 6970 2GB Crossfire - O/C to 935/1435
    Display: 3x ASUS 24" Monitors in Eyefinity(3240x1920)
    HDD: 4x WD Caviar Black 640gb 7200 RPM in RAID 10
    MB+RAM: GIGABYTE GA-890FXA-UD5 890FX -- Ballistix Tracer 6GB DDR3
    Cooling: Water cooled on a 3x120 rad. Running 10x120mm Yate Loons + 1x200mm Big Boy Fan

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Raught19 View Post
    This isnt a nerf this, or buff that thread. Its an alter and balance. No nerfing included in this. Please take that somewhere else.
    Ok, change it so attach charges does damage, and detonate doesn't do that much, and the class will be more fun ...

Better? or should i add a smiley?

PS. What does it change that i say change detonate now, from nerf? the point is the same ... (And before you say, "You don't have a sabo, so **** off") I had a sab at lvl 33, was boring, things just blew up ones you had 5 charges, Changeing/Nerfing Detonate, and make "attach charges" spells do some dmg, will make it a more balanced class.

But i guess you'll dissmiss what i write again, since you'd loose your spike dmg ..
    Last edited by Timaeus552; 03-07-2011 at 03:10 AM.

Am I the only one thinking healers *shouldn't* be able to fully heal through a DPS class dmg...?

Quote Originally Posted by Timaeus552 View Post
    Ok, change it so attach charges does damage, and detonate doesn't do that much, and the class will be more fun ...

Better? or should i add a smiley?

PS. What does it change that i say change detonate now, from nerf? the point is the same ... (And before you say, "You don't have a sabo, so **** off") I had a sab at lvl 33, was boring, things just blew up ones you had 5 charges, Changeing/Nerfing Detonate, and make "attach charges" spells do some dmg, will make it a more balanced class.

But i guess you'll dissmiss what i write again, since you'd loose your spike dmg ..
    Have you detonated when you don't have 5 stacks of blast charge up? It doesn't do that much damage. It is blast charge that does the most damage. If you have 5 combo points and no blast charge stacks, detonate does pitiful damage.

To OP, sab is a range class. Get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by XS142 View Post
    Am I the only one thinking healers *shouldn't* be able to fully heal through a DPS class dmg...?
    Agreed.
    Last edited by Cyndel; 03-07-2011 at 07:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by XS142 View Post
    What do you think a healers job is? Patch up the wounded after a fight?

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Cyndel View Post
    Have you detonated when you don't have 5 stacks of blast charge up? It doesn't do that much damage. It is blast charge that does the most damage. If you have 5 combo points and no blast charge stacks, detonate does pitiful damage.
    Why would one bother to detonate unless you have 5 charges, unless ofc you're just about to die, and you might aswell .. ?

Sorry, i really fail to see your point :s

+ Reply to Thread