+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: The real reason people are calling for nerfs to sab..

Rift Disciple

Default The real reason people are calling for nerfs to sab..

The clerics are tired of a class able to burn through there heals... But in all seriousness, people that are complaining need to understand one thing...this game is not made for lame, boring, and downright dreadful arena type pvp. It is about a mass of players working together to beat the opposing force. There will be classes that do more dps than others..just like there will be classes that can survive longer than others.

Long story short....balance qqing children need to go back to wow, your not wanted here. wow has been out for more than 6 years...are there classes balanced? Kids need to grow up and think before they speak for once.

Shadowlander

long story short, sabos hit harder than warriors, from ranged, with aoe roots etc

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by rhox View Post
    long story short, sabos hit harder than warriors, from ranged, with aoe roots etc
    I wish that was true, go back to wow and stop playing telephone

People expect the game to be balanecd about zerg vs zerg which it is not. Sabos damage can be prevented and they can be easily disabled.

Shadowlander

I see, silly me. To expect not to go from 75% to 0 from one spell when the charges are attached...
    Nothing wrong with something that can't be healed through or anything ..

Sword of Telara

my complaint is that they do more burst dps, and higher dps than my dedicated pyromancer does.

But I don't want them nerfed, they should be able to one shot me with that set up they need....

I just want to be able to do the same to them over the same time frame.

Quote Originally Posted by Timaeus552 View Post
    I see, silly me. To expect not to go from 75% to 0 from one spell when the charges are attached...
    Nothing wrong with something that can't be healed through or anything ..
    Guess how much damage saboteur does when the charges are dispelled.

Quote Originally Posted by Liper View Post
    my complaint is that they do more burst dps, and higher dps than my dedicated pyromancer does.

But I don't want them nerfed, they should be able to one shot me with that set up they need....

I just want to be able to do the same to them over the same time frame.
    You can burst through a healer spam healing himself while having heat wave and internalize charge on.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Schmicks View Post
    Guess how much damage saboteur does when the charges are dispelled.
    Thank god dispellers global cd is longer than yours eh ? .. So if they dispell charges, it takes a bit longer to attach your charges ... poor you ..
    Why not nerf detonate, and then change it so your attach charge spell does some dmg? that would seem fair, you could do the same dmg that way, but not as spiky.

But i don't suppose you want that, you can't explode ppl that way

I think sabos are fine, but I did laugh when this happened:

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f3...-06_213553.jpg

5280 through avatar of water and 4% valor.

Thank god dispellers global cd is longer than yours eh ?
    Thank god there are no spells that dispell all charges at once. Thank god there are no ccs in the game that can prevent the sabo from doing anything.

Even if you dispel 3 out of 5 you can easily outheal that damage with hots and passive healing.

So if they dispell charges, it takes a bit longer to attach your charges ... poor you ..
    Most sabos don't notice you dispelling the charges. I've been detonated with 0 or 1 charge because he only looked at combo points.

Why not nerf detonate, and then change it so your attach charge spell does some dmg? that would seem fair, you could do the same dmg that way, but not as spiky.
    You'd have a marksman with half the range.

But i don't suppose you want that, you can't explode ppl that way
    Sad to break it up to you, but I don't play a rogue.

Sword of Telara

I'm not talking about at higher lvls, I'm talking about where I'm at right now. Also I didn't say anything about getting through heals.

The issue is that pyromancer isn't the top burst dps, or even top dps class it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by Liper View Post
    I'm not talking about at higher lvls, I'm talking about where I'm at right now. Also I didn't say anything about getting through heals.

The issue is that pyromancer isn't the top burst dps, or even top dps class it seems.
    Level up. Mages are late bloomers in Rift. You will start feeling stronger in late 30s / early 40s.

Sword of Telara

oh I know, I'm not calling for nerfs to sabs, but this is the thought that goes on.

I think at all lvls the pyromancer should be on top though, really, in the burst dps/dps department.

Even at my lvl I'm still not too concerned about it, there's no giant gulf between my damage output and everyone elses. The only gulf is survivability or evasion, there's neither for the mage. Which turns out to be a pretty big trade off without any benefit from it if you're wanting to be a pure dps mage.

Second you look at non-pure dps you get alot more options and satisfaction, but it's not necessarily what you wanted to start.

That's why I said mages are late bloomers. In lower level brackets you simply do not have the points to invest in both dps and control. So if you go into dps you will be beyond squishy.

Mind you, even with control, mage will still blow up easily unless supported by a team. You're not there to tank. If focused, kite away, have your team peel off of you, use instants and try to help out your healer in any way you can by trying to LoS the ranged dmg. Mages are one of the most challenging callings in Rift to play well and have a steep learning curve. But we have the tools to turn the tides. ;)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast