+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 50

Thread: The real reason people are calling for nerfs to sab..

  1. #16
    Ascendant Kitsuner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,798

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Schmicks View Post
    Thank god there are no spells that dispell all charges at once. Thank god there are no ccs in the game that can prevent the sabo from doing anything.
    Thank god the mass dispells don't have long cooldowns. Thank god there's no CC that lets you place the charges without breaking the CC. Thank god you can't CC EVERY DAMN DPS CLASS TO STOP THEM FROM DOING DAMAGE.

    Most sabos don't notice you dispelling the charges. I've been detonated with 0 or 1 charge because he only looked at combo points.
    So 'most sabos are horrible players' is your defense?

  2. #17
    Sword of Telara
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    809

    Default

    I still think something more needs done with classes like pyro because the burning bright reduces your already sad hp by 9%... but again the late bloom...

  3. #18
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    176

    Default

    Sabos are just a badly designed class mechanic that is a nightmare to balance.
    Was the same with Locks back in DAoC.

    Why the healers are complaining, is because healing is balanced for a full healthbar, not for 25% of it. (they can't let anyone drop under 75% with Sabs around)
    This makes healing a silly mindless whack-a-mole game if any Sabs are around.

    Cleric dispels are not worth using against decent sabs and we all know it, yet people keep saying "let your cleric dispel!" as a general excuse for the mindless fragfest.

    The damage would be perfectly fine if it wasn't all in one spike, so they should either let 50% of the damage occur when applying charges or make dispels worth using. All it takes.
    Sab damage should prolly be buffed afterwards.

    I am hoping they can tweak PvP and PvE separately, otherwise .. Doh!
    Did they learn from previous games? (well not from DAoC as shown.. but from others hopefully? Would be sad if not.)

  4. #19
    Shadowlander Scannall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    46

    Default

    Part of the problem here is the mindset of the people complaining. A WF isn't 10 people per side doing a big duel party. It's a team effort. If you don't use any tactics, then you are throwing the whole mess into the hands of your enemy, hoping they play as poorly as you.

    One small tactic to start with is to set aside a small team of 2-3 players that do nothing but blow up sabs and VK's. And anyone harassing your healers. If you can keep those dead every time they respawn, you win. Targetting macros are your friend.
    When in doubt, read the instructions.

  5. #20
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    176

    Default

    That is a good point.
    But the reality for most people is: you can call yourself happy if half of your team even knows what the objective of the WF is.

    I agree that Sabs are a non-issue when running a premade.
    But that is not what the majority is doing. Trion has to cater to the masses.
    Last edited by Naelee; 03-07-2011 at 01:59 AM.

  6. #21
    Sword of Telara
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    809

    Default

    scannal that's a bit of a oversimplification don't ya think?

    I can give you a line up of characters and I'm sure you could tell me who isn't a saboteur but you couldn't tell me which one was.

    The other thing is just really the burst dps.

  7. #22
    Champion of Telara
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,223

    Default

    Anyone who doesn't think they are overpowered probably doesn't truly understand the power of burst damage combined with being able to use it at exactly the time you need.

  8. #23
    Shadowlander Scannall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    46

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Liper View Post
    scannal that's a bit of a oversimplification don't ya think?

    I can give you a line up of characters and I'm sure you could tell me who isn't a saboteur but you couldn't tell me which one was.

    The other thing is just really the burst dps.
    Not really. Sabs make themselves known early by blowing someone up. You know, their job. Now you have a name to target. It takes people talking to each other, and teamwork.
    When in doubt, read the instructions.

  9. #24
    Sword of Telara
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    809

    Default

    Not really.
    you can't just look and know what's what, you know the archetype and that's it, maybe.

    Your answer is a universal answer to anything problematic in pvp. It doesn't address any issue of a mechanic that is disruptive or imbalanced (not saying sabs are that)

  10. #25
    Shadowlander Meats's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    49

    Default

    Sabs don't need nerfs.

    Assassins > Sabs

    Put all your charges on me. I'll disappear, stun lock, and destroy you.
    *~'~* MEATS *~'~* { Briarcliff }
    The Best There Ever Was...

  11. #26
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    39

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Schmicks View Post
    Most sabos don't notice you dispelling the charges. I've been detonated with 0 or 1 charge because he only looked at combo points.
    So it is ok for a class to be op, if the player is ****?
    That makes sense.... Perhabs if there is a 8 year old boy whining because he can't kill someone, let's buff his class!!

  12. #27
    Ascendant Kitsuner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,798

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Timaeus552 View Post
    So it is ok for a class to be op, if the player is ****?
    That makes sense.... Perhabs if there is a 8 year old boy whining because he can't kill someone, let's buff his class!!
    Yep. The class is fine when there's some people who are horrible at pvp.

  13. #28
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,485

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Liper View Post
    The issue is that pyromancer isn't the top burst dps, or even top dps class it seems.
    And why exactly should a nuker be a top burst DPS?

    Every single game I played, rogues are the top burst DPS.
    cookie cutter MMO game :
    Tanks : Great armor, great survivability, low damage.
    Healers : Good survivability, average armor and health.
    Rogues : Best single target DPS, best burst DPS.
    Mages : Best AoE DPS, low survivability.

    If the mages are the the #1 burst DPS'er, why the hell would anyone play a rogue?
    Mage do more damage on a single target AND more damage on many targets ( zone damage ).
    Oh and they're 30 feets away, while the rogue have to be in your face to do anything.

  14. #29
    Rift Disciple Lant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    72

    Default

    Sabs arn't an issue, if Sabs are being an issue, then their entire team is made of Sabs (SQUISHYS! =D ) or your team isn't playing as a team.
    Quote Originally Posted by Haseno View Post
    You're more upset I disagree with you, rather than not reading your post.
    Reading is hard but making general assumtions is easy.
    Please, don't be like the person in my sig. Fully read posts, even if they make your head hurt.

  15. #30
    Soulwalker Haymakers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    21

    Default

    sounds like some ppl need to put some armor and earth resists on :P
    srsly tho, Sabs need buffed asap. Increase detonate and blast charge dmg by at least 100%

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts