+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Mana Wrench in PvP.. Really?

Soulwalker

Default Mana Wrench in PvP.. Really?

This is probably the biggest joke of a spell. at level 29 i will get completely wiped of mana in 2 channels of it. Even with one 20 sec cd interrupt it doesn't matter they will just keep casting it until i am out of mana. This needs to be fixed, it makes mana users completely useless when they just keep getting drained like this. If this is going to stay in the game, it needs to be scaled down much more and needs to be interrupted if the target goes LOS.

Plane Touched

amen brother, and dont forget that it should break squirrel CC and others that are broken by normal damage, rediculously broken ability here

You're there solo? If so, there's your mistake. If you're with a team, get them to kill the person at the other side of big blue beam.

Also, a void knight will drain you 10x faster then a mage can hope to.
    Last edited by Schmicks; 03-06-2011 at 10:22 PM.

Plane Touched

so the only counter to this is "kill him before he can cast it"
    thats a ******ed counter, of course you would never have to worry about anything if your team just killed everyone before they could do anything to you, but thats not how it works, these drains are ranged abilities, instant cast and im pretty sure a few of them are instant recast, thats NOT SKILL to just hit that same button no matter if its interupted, anything, you just hit it over and over until they have 0 power and go about your buisness, and it ONLY WORKS LIKE THIS ON CLERICS, how can you be so thick headed to try to argue that this is balanced, its not only OP, but it really is just lame and takes the fun out of playing when you have to sit there and watch some idiot press 1 button twice with 0 skill and beat you, and there is nothing you can do about it....
    just because you enjoy being OP doesnt mean its balanced, anyone with half a clue could see this

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Homegrown View Post
    thats a ******ed counter, of course you would never have to worry about anything if your team just killed everyone before they could do anything to you, but thats not how it works, these drains are ranged abilities, instant cast and im pretty sure a few of them are instant recast, thats NOT SKILL to just hit that same button no matter if its interupted, anything, you just hit it over and over until they have 0 power and go about your buisness, and it ONLY WORKS LIKE THIS ON CLERICS, how can you be so thick headed to try to argue that this is balanced, its not only OP, but it really is just lame and takes the fun out of playing when you have to sit there and watch some idiot press 1 button twice with 0 skill and beat you, and there is nothing you can do about it....
    just because you enjoy being OP doesnt mean its balanced, anyone with half a clue could see this
    +1 man , mana drain is rediculouslllyyyy OP in pvp right now , ESPECIALLY when a dominator can CC you during the ENTIRE duration, even if you pot , your second mana bar is gone in seconds. A no recast , no diminishing , that doesnt break CC mana drain is a fing joke.

You can also LoS him.

thats a ******ed counter
    Mages blow up about as easily as nitroglycerin.

of course you would never have to worry about anything if your team just killed everyone before they could do anything to you, but thats not how it works, these drains are ranged abilities, instant cast and im pretty sure a few of them are instant recast, thats NOT SKILL to just hit that same button no matter if its interupted, anything, you just hit it over and over until they have 0 power and go about your buisness, and it ONLY WORKS LIKE THIS ON CLERICS
    Works very same on mages. It's even worse to mages as we don't have any substantial amounts of wisdom, so while you can cast after a few seconds of passive regen, we have to get out of combat, sit and drink.

how can you be so thick headed to try to argue that this is balanced
    its not only OP, but it really is just lame and takes the fun out of playing when you have to sit there and watch some idiot press 1 button twice with 0 skill and beat you, and there is nothing you can do about it....
    Make your teammates kill him or cc him, LoS him yourself. If you expect to stand there, ignore stuff and continue to heal as if nothing is happening that could be the root of your problems. If You hadn't noticed this is a team based game. WoW spoiled people too much and they expect to be able to stand against all odds by themselves.

I've been on the receiving end of mana drains of mages. The moment we see that there's a dominator involved in the fight he gets focused on every assist train. Mages aren't tanks. They blow up when focused.

And I'm going to repeat myself. If you think Mana Wrench is bad, clearly you have never fought a competent Void Knight.

Shadowlander

except your missing the whole part where your squirled and cant do any of the above.

Quote Originally Posted by raiden04 View Post
    except your missing the whole part where your squirled and cant do any of the above.
    Again, you expect to be a solo hero? Get yourself dispelled. Mages alone have 3 callings that can dispel squirrel.
    Last edited by Schmicks; 03-06-2011 at 10:56 PM.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Schmicks View Post
    Again, you expect to be a solo hero? Get yourself dispelled. Mages alone have 3 callings that can dispel squirrel.
    ok your a genius with amazing strats and all, but answer me this, why are clerics the ONLY class in the game (healing clerics more so than any others) that have NO other option to deal with this than being dispelled, do you see people power draining warriors? no, thats dumb. rogues? no, thats dumb. mages? prolly from time to time but most mages are going to have low point abilities that WORK WITH THEIR CLASS (not melee damage attacks procing power back abilities for healing classes at 10 or more points into melee dps trees) to regen their power back
    clerics, have ONLY *rely on others*
    how is this balance? stop giving me solutions to how to make it so it never happens (rely on my team, ok i queue solo a lot, oh well) and tell me how this is balanced when 3 out of 4 classes shrug off power drains EASILY, and one class is destroyed by them unless their team is all working together

Plane Touched

It doesn't matter if you're in a group or not. The mage can mana drain you just fine from a good distance away. If he's interrupted, he can spam it again. You got a mana pot? Drained...now your pots are on a 3min cooldown.

And the mages aren't solo either, they've got their own groups.
    Last edited by General_Armchair; 03-06-2011 at 11:05 PM.

ok your a genius with amazing strats and all, but answer me this, why are clerics the ONLY class in the game (healing clerics more so than any others) that have NO other option to deal with this than being dispelled
    If you hadn't noticed, the dispel reply was aimed at squirrel. Dispelling the mana wrench is pointless (if it even can be done, never thought of wasting a gcd on a spammable spell).

do you see people power draining warriors? no, thats dumb. rogues? no, thats dumb.
    I use Transference on warriors and rogues every cooldown.

mages? prolly from time to time but most mages are going to have low point abilities that WORK WITH THEIR CLASS (not melee damage attacks procing power back abilities for healing classes at 10 or more points into melee dps trees) to regen their power back
    Only necro/locks and chloros can regen mana in combat. Any other mage soul is screwed. Necro needs a pet alive to do it. Locks trade hp for mana and chloros use mana shields. If he's being damaged he can't do it or the shield will drain more then it restores.

clerics, have ONLY *rely on others*
    Clerics have insane passive mana regen. I have more then once drained the cleric dry only to see him casting again within a few seconds. No, he didn't pot. I even watched the mana of a cleric I drained go back. I pretty much have to focus drain to keep him from casting. And it's nigh impossible if he's also in a decent team.

how is this balance? stop giving me solutions to how to make it so it never happens (rely on my team, ok i queue solo a lot, oh well) and tell me how this is balanced when 3 out of 4 classes shrug off power drains EASILY, and one class is destroyed by them unless their team is all working together
    No caster can shrug off power drains. None at all.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Dakios View Post
    This is probably the biggest joke of a spell. at level 29 i will get completely wiped of mana in 2 channels of it
    So basically you stand there for 12 seconds while the dom drains your mana.. heck in those 12 seconds your group could have killed the dom 12 times... and while that dom is draining you, he's hardly doing any damage for 12 seconds.

If you have a tank on you or a rogue.. do you also just stand there while he proceeds to kill you in less than 12 seconds?!

The dom is a support class... it's entire function is to debuff and render some people in the opposing side useless.. vs just killing them...

Atleast make the god damn immunity to squirrel longer, this is a insta no cd cc spell that requires no work to get off what so ever yes by the time I'm done getting my power back by drinking etc bam the immunity is up again, it seems like you sit in squirrel 15s->7s then get 10s immunity? Wtf is that....... And I'm cced during the 10s immunity simply because I have no mana, use a mana cooldown? that gives me 15% mana bam instantly gone or squirrel again seconds later.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by zagz420 View Post
    Atleast make the god damn immunity to squirrel longer, this is a insta no cd cc spell that requires no work to get off what so ever yes by the time I'm done getting my power back by drinking etc bam the immunity is up again, it seems like you sit in squirrel 15s->7s then get 10s immunity? Wtf is that....... And I'm cced during the 10s immunity simply because I have no mana, use a mana cooldown? that gives me 15% mana bam instantly gone or squirrel again seconds later.
    Agree.. they need to tweak their immunity system... same happens on melee stuns.. as a mage when a champ gets on me, I get stunned, if I purge it with the Archmage PvP soul ability, I just get restunned again and die in the duration of the stun.

CC shouldn't have diminishing returns in PvP imho.. it should have immunities.. the longer the CC type, the longer the immunity (maybe another thing they should steal from daoc).

BTW: transmog isn't insta by default... it requires investment in the soul tree to make it an insta.

Quote Originally Posted by Docmandu View Post
    BTW: transmog isn't insta by default... it requires investment in the soul tree to make it an insta.
    Right but any mage pvping is going to spec to make it instant if they are going to pick up dom.

All of the immunities need a huge reworking period. CC is fine in a game however we have seen game after game after game that people will not stand for being CCed longer then they actually get to fight on a regular basis, it is always changed.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast