+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Mana Wrench in PvP.. Really?

Quote Originally Posted by Vember View Post
    That's because back in the day everybody and their mother didn't have a plethora of CC at their disposal. Usually, back in the day, you had one or two classes that were cc heavy and that was their primary role. Now you find these pvp systems with 180 different types of CC spread across multitudes of classes and its wrecking any kind of decent pvp.
    thats right and if you have some crowd control why don't you use it on that dominator? who is primarily a CC class?.

i know everytime i see that blue beam of pwnage i target the person using it and silence them then focus fire them down.

WTB the above item .... mine broke

My son runs a Dom / Chloro build that is impossible to kill 1v1, or even 2v1. If he gets in trouble and he has multiple people on him, I expend all of my discharges to provide him a massive, massive ward that stops more than it says. If my son gets hit with CC, I as a Void Knight can cure his CC as well.

The kicker is, not only can he drain someones power in this build faster than my Void Knight who can drain anyone (BUT MY SONS BUILD) in 12 seconds, this particular Dom / Chloro build can never run out of power as far as we can find out. If the other team has more than two mana users, there is no possible way they could beat us, none. The only time we have ever lost is when our Champions are not online, and we're going against other Champion heavy premades. I hated giving up my Cleric, but until something is done, I'm going to continue to play my Warrior, and enjoy easy mode PvP.

I could also show you a tank buid with 13 forms of CC, with 2 ways to escape CC.

Quit spreading false information guys.
    Last edited by Visions; 03-07-2011 at 11:19 AM.

MMORPG played: Everquest I, Dark Age of Camelot, Dungeons and Dragons Online, Everquest II, Aion, Warhammer Online, and Fallen Earth (BETA only).
    We all meet as equals on the battlefield, but we don't leave as such.
    Topeka Photography

Quote Originally Posted by Apoth View Post
    thats right and if you have some crowd control why don't you use it on that dominator? who is primarily a CC class?.

i know everytime i see that blue beam of pwnage i target the person using it and silence them then focus fire them down.
    while I admire you for understanding your surroundings and dealing with threats, it is very hard to ask random pugs to focus fire anything most are too busy running around like headless chickens and have zero concept of 'team'
    until we are allowed to make premades and some sort of competitive play initialised certain souls are gonna run havoc on the WF

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Visions View Post
    My son runs a Dom / Chloro build that is impossible to kill 1v1
    Until he meets a champion that bull rushes him and kills him in the duration of the stun(s).. or a necro that doesn't need mana anyway.. or anything else with a pet.

Quote Originally Posted by Docmandu View Post
    Until he meets a champion that bull rushes him and kills him in the duration of the stun(s).. or a necro that doesn't need mana anyway.. or anything else with a pet.
    Been there, done that and he wins every single time. In a Warfront situation, my Void Knight can cure the stun instantly, and both of us can kill the Necro before he even blinks. Necro's are free kills in Warfronts, and I laughingly cry every time I see more than one of them against us in the Warfront. For that matter at the beginning of the match, when I see more than two mana wielders, I can call a free win. When you run with two Champions builds who can pull everyone to you that you want to kill, or charge them, it really is painful to watch the opposing team drop like flies because they can't get heals.
    Last edited by Visions; 03-07-2011 at 11:34 AM.

MMORPG played: Everquest I, Dark Age of Camelot, Dungeons and Dragons Online, Everquest II, Aion, Warhammer Online, and Fallen Earth (BETA only).
    Topeka Photography

Rift Disciple

Been there, done that and he wins every single time. In a Warfront situation, my Void Knight can cure the stun instantly, and both of us can kill the Necro before he even blinks. Necro's are free kills in Warfronts, and I laughingly cry every time I see more than one of them against us in the Warfront. For that matter at the beginning of the match, when I see more than two mana wielders, I can call a free win. When you run with two Champions builds who can pull everyone to you that you want to kill, or charge them, it really is painful to watch the opposing team drop like flies because they can't get heals.
    If you cure his stun.. it isn't exactly 1v1 anymore, now is it!

And since most ppl in WFs are solo.. from the moment 2 players play together, you own about 80% of the people in there, whatever class you play

If you cure his stun.. it isn't exactly 1v1 anymore, now is it!

And since most ppl in WFs are solo.. from the moment 2 players play together, you own about 80% of the people in there, whatever class you play
    You missed the been there, done that... he has dueled everyone willing to duel him, and won every single time. If you think the Champion stun is enough to kill him, than you know absolutely nothing about how this particular build stays alive.

Topeka Photography

Rift Disciple

You missed the been there, done that... he has dueled everyone willing to duel him, and won every single time. If you think the Champion stun is enough to kill him, than you know absolutely nothing about how this particular build stays alive.
    Feel free to educate me... since mine gets stun locked until I die.. even with the Archmage PvP soul.

Feel free to educate me... since mine gets stun locked until I die.. even with the Archmage PvP soul.
    When he gets home from school I'll ask him how he is staying alive so easily.

Topeka Photography

Pasting this from a similar thread because you never know which ones the Devs might read.

The dumbest thing about Mana Drains in Rift is that half the classes don't use mana. Which turns your mana bar into a liability. Why in the hell do I want to be dependent on a resource that can be sapped in quick order and cannot be reclaimed quickly in combat unlike energy, the resource used by the other half of classes in Rift?

I haven't noticed much of a difference between Cleric and Mage mana pools, so 2 applications of Improved Wrench = 72% of your mana gone in 12 seconds, so don't give me this 20-30sec ********. At least Power Sink has a 2min CD.. but then its an AoE, with a snare, lol...

The Warden regen is only for 15% over 3 seconds and will just be Wrenched away less than 3 seconds later. Its also on a 2min CD.

Agressive Renewal suffers from 3 weaknesses.
    1. It can be resisted
    2. Its channeled
    3. Its got a 2min CD

The Melee Cleric abilities are good, but as someone whose played a fair amount of all 3 melee souls in PvP let me fill ya in on some minor issues.
    1. You need to have something next to you to hit
    2. You need to be able to hit it (Snare, Stun, Disarm, etc)
    3. Those attacks you need to use to regen your mana, cost mana. So if you're drained to 0, you NEED to mana pot first (lol 3-4min CD)
    4. Any non melee abilities used during those 10sec are going to gimp your mana return.
    5. If they just keep draining you, you're quickly back to being SoL, doesn't matter if you have a 2nd version from another melee soul to use because its the same vicious cycle.

At the end of the day the biggest problem is that resource drains are simply not fun mechanics to play against. Its something most multiplayer game developers have realized over the years and why its so rare to come across. And when it does show up its fairly limited in scope and power. Hopefully Trion catches on sooner rather than later (because I probably wont be around for that).

Oh, I almost forgot about being drained while you're a critter because LOL DURABLE CONTROL keeps Wrench from breaking Squirrel.

FFS Trion, please fix this.

Dom has so many other good abilities that Mana Wrench as it currently stands is unwarranted. I have no idea why it doesn't have a 30sec CD on it, or at least 15sec. The Druid's Slothful Spirit is a melee hit that increases the cost of mana+energy abilities by 25% for 15sec, but you know what happens if the Druid misses or gets dodged/parried? That skill still goes on a 15sec CD. You know what happens if Mana Wrench gets resisted? Its recast 1sec later.
    Last edited by Kromzor; 03-07-2011 at 12:16 PM.

I agree with he Cool Down Timers. Wrench needs to be on a 30sec timer. Make it a strategic tool not a button spammer. Show me your skills in other areas Dom's

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Shalktonin View Post
    I agree with he Cool Down Timers. Wrench needs to be on a 30sec timer. Make it a strategic tool not a button spammer. Show me your skills in other areas Dom's
    I'm all for giving dom a way to dps and kill people instead. Mana wrench on cool down, let dom spec for permanent split personality at the top of the tree?

Thank god people whining on these forums are not designing Rift. It would be a sad and s***y perspective.
    Last edited by Schmicks; 03-07-2011 at 12:33 PM.

@Docmandu

My son says take Archmage as a third soul, and the 5 second stun is useless against you.
    Last edited by Visions; 03-07-2011 at 12:52 PM.

Topeka Photography

@Docmandu

My son says take Archmage as a third soul, and the 5 second stun is useless against you.
    Your son has never met a competent void knight. He would be running back to you crying in an instant, playing any type of a caster. There's absolutely nothing he can do other then squirrel and run away. And that's only if he gets the jump.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast