+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Warfront X-Shards 3max

Rift Disciple

Default Warfront X-Shards 3max

From what i see we are only paired with 2 other shards. Why not make the pool larger?

Rift Master

I am in whitefall with three shards besides my own. Its at least four.

Plane Touched

Im on bloodiron and I only meet firesand and whitefall

Rift Master

I believe i am on deepwood and i see greybriar and reclaimer and shatterstone. So at least four for me.

Is there a list anywhere that shows how these are grouped. This is good to know.

Because when you have too many, you don't get to meet the same enemies. Ever. And you meet people from your own shard once in a blue moon. It completely screws over any sense of pvp community like it did in "the other mmo". It'd be best to not have x-servers at all, but that'd result in high queues. 3 is a good tradeoff imo.

Rift Master

Its not three. Its at least four. I meet my own and at least three other shards in warfronts.

Anyone have a list of what is paired with what?

Quote Originally Posted by Schmicks View Post
    Because when you have too many, you don't get to meet the same enemies. Ever. And you meet people from your own shard once in a blue moon. It completely screws over any sense of pvp community like it did in "the other mmo". It'd be best to not have x-servers at all, but that'd result in high queues. 3 is a good tradeoff imo.
    I have 0 care about whom I fight, i'd rather have game s be full WHEN they start not halfway through. Merging more than 3-4 servers would make that so much more possible. It isn't like you sit down and have a beer with the oppossing faction, any illusion of a 'pvp community' is a joke. Your pvp community is YOUR faction and your side alone, what enemies you face varies little. If you wanted a real pvp community you'd have to be able to schedule specific matchups against groups. THEN you could actually build any real report with enemies for the purposes of battling. Anything else is some grand illusion.

But yes, this also would generally solve peoples issues of one side dominating. The issue is when one side takes quickly in games were PVP equipment/ranks give important gear, it can become tediously more difficult for the opposing faction to gain it. When you all have max valor and we have 0, its going to be pretty much uphill before we've even seen the enemy.
    Last edited by wallweasels; 03-07-2011 at 12:47 AM.
    the PTS exists for a reason people. Go on, give your feedback, and help make RIFT a better game.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince of a Thousand enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

You played WoW before cross realm battlegrounds were introduced? I'm more then willing to bet that you did not. The only good thing it did is to fix queue times. While it screwed everything else. There is a reason why so many people didn't want x-shard warfronts or LFG tool in Rift. This is an mmo and a lot of people are here also for the social aspect of it. There are already shard irc channels, there are shard forums, people like fighting others they know. They like recognizing their opponents and not only fight a bunch of pixels.

I'm not going to claim everyone is like that as clearly you are not. But you have to take into account that a lot of people are. We have a reasonable compromise right now.

Shield of Telara

I'm all for communitys.
    But going against 5man premades who are all #7/8+ and know what they are doing, is pretty much the cue to not bother queueing for warfronts for a while, or to just enjoy fast losses >.<

X-shard isn't going to magically remove the premades from the queue. There will be no less of them. You might think that with more people you will have less games against premades, but you must take into account that you'll be getting premades from those new shards. The % of warfronts that you'll meet premades in will be exactly the same as it is now.

Shield of Telara

X-shard isn't going to magically remove the premades from the queue. There will be no less of them. You might think that with more people you will have less games against premades, but you must take into account that you'll be getting premades from those new shards. The % of warfronts that you'll meet premades in will be exactly the same as it is now.
    Eh the queue system is setup to try and put premade groups against each other when they can without making people wait to long, so more shards would be more premades against premades.

I did not know that.

Still, I prefer the smaller communities where you get to know your enemies after a while.

Plane Touched

You played WoW before cross realm battlegrounds were introduced? I'm more then willing to bet that you did not. The only good thing it did is to fix queue times. While it screwed everything else. There is a reason why so many people didn't want x-shard warfronts or LFG tool in Rift. This is an mmo and a lot of people are here also for the social aspect of it. There are already shard irc channels, there are shard forums, people like fighting others they know. They like recognizing their opponents and not only fight a bunch of pixels.

I'm not going to claim everyone is like that as clearly you are not. But you have to take into account that a lot of people are. We have a reasonable compromise right now.
    I played WoW before the cross realm battlegrounds, and I for one was refreshed to see an end to the loathsome cross-faction circle jerks that always seemed to pop up between the self proclaimed PvP gods of either faction. It rarely leads to anything other than elitism and general ******bagginess anyway. I'd rather have faster queue times and a quicker way to accumulate PvP gear than indulge this kind of vanity.

Ah, now that explains it. I thought I was talking to a mature human being playing an mmo. You play an mmo, but you want it to be a pseudo single player game (or as much single player as you can rub into other people).

Plane Touched

Not quite. These cross-faction friendships usually lead to little more than intra-faction griefing and other ********. You also run into the same people pretty consistently even after the battlegroup merges in WoW, assuming they spend most of their playtime PvPing like most real PvPers do. Your argument holds no weight, as evidenced by your need to attack my maturity level for disagreeing with you.

+ Reply to Thread