+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: CC in pvp

Default CC in pvp

The CC in pvp needs to be fixed. There seems to be literally no diminishing returns and the CC lasts way too long.

make all major pvp cc(ie polymorph) 6 second duration and please for the love of the game add(fix) diminishing returns.
    Last edited by Hotpants; 03-06-2011 at 05:30 PM.
    REFUND / HOTPANTS

There are diminishing returns.

/thread.

<PREGAME ALLSTARS> Gatoraide - 3x Mage Regulos US PvP
    Nadril -3x Rogue | Guardian | www.zackcerny.net | MAGES ARE THE WORST CLASS

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrant View Post
    There are diminishing returns.

/thread.
    well the diminishing returns are not working properly then. being turned into a squirrel six times with a total duration over 30 seconds is broken.
    REFUND / HOTPANTS

Agreed. It seems that certain things aren't affected by DR, or at least as not as much as they should be.

Squirrel is a good example. Considering it's duration, once per minute is WAY more than enough.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackUdder View Post
    Agreed. It seems that certain things aren't affected by DR, or at least as not as much as they should be.

Squirrel is a good example. Considering it's duration, once per minute is WAY more than enough.
    It has DR and it's dispellable. Essentially it's the one thing a mage really brings to a premade and you want that gutted too? Just remove the mage archetype completely ****.
    "Few people are capable of expressing with equanimity opinions which differ from the prejudices of their social environment. Most people are even incapable of forming such opinions."
    Albert Einstein
    Ovgan<FUN> Sunrest

stun stun stun stun stun stun... this needs to be fixed now

Quote Originally Posted by Krazybojangles View Post
    It has DR and it's dispellable. Essentially it's the one thing a mage really brings to a premade and you want that gutted too? Just remove the mage archetype completely ****.
    I'm all for buffing mages, but seriously being chain squirreled is beyond a joke.

But yes, it's probably best they just remove mages, oh and rogues.

Soulwalker

I'm not sure on the DR, but it definitely does not seem to effect whatever charge/stun that warriors have. I have had several attempts at trying to take the flag from base to base and it is literally a stun fest. Haven't had the issues with the squirrel, but DR seems to have issues, I know the rouge stuns definitely have DR, just haven't seen it with the others, but its hard to notice the items you are immune to when you're just trying to run with the flag from point A to B.

Telaran

Maybe the DR is per ability, rather than per CC type?
    Tosalius - Cleric - Guardian

Champion of Telara

This pretty much reminds me of every other MMORPG ever. Bad players don't understand whats happening to them in PvP and just complain about "being stunned forever".
    Dancer/Yeah of Briarcliff

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by faction View Post
    This pretty much reminds me of every other MMORPG ever. Bad players don't understand whats happening to them in PvP and just complain about "being stunned forever".
    whatever..ya cuz being locked up from full to dead is oo so fun nothing you can do about it dont blame the stupid cc in this game on the player

Plane Touched

my personal favorite in pvp is the fantastic *get transmogrified or whatever, powerdrainpowerdrainpowerdrain transmogrify, powerdrainpowerdrainpowerdrain, hate life due to being out of power*
    power drains NEED to break CC like damage does, having nothing you can do against this as a cleric outside of the long recast breaks of the pvp soul, and the squirrel and power drain spells can be instant cast / instant recast as far as i can tell
    SKILL

Ascendant

Its amazing to me how many people are not familiar with this sort of PVP. The PVP in this game is very similar to the best PVP game ever made (and I'm not alone in saying this) DAOC. DAOC was a game built on stuns, mezz's and other varities of CC. Learning how to counter, positioning and making sure you had adequate negation was part of being good at PVP. People from the WOW set where all CC has been reduced to nothing don't know how to play this way and are whining about it. They will learn and adapt, or a few of the biggest whiners will go back to whatever game spawned them. This is not a PVP game anyways, Trion was never shy about that. The interest in PVP has suprised them and I think it will be addressed but not right away. I think we will see Open PVP soon but don't expect alot of soul balancing based on PVP to go on. Any soul balancing you will see will be based on PVE. Alpha notes for next patch indicate this. No nerfs for the widely whined about sabs (in fact they are getting a buff).

I suggest rather than wasting time whining here you try and come up with ways to counter the CC. Yes it can be done, alot of people have posted how. If you actually try and play the game as it is, you might find its good on its face, rather than trying to turn the game into something you are used to.

Soulwalker

Default Game will prob die in a few months

"DAOC was a game built on stuns, mezz's and other varities of CC."

I dont remember being able to chain stun someone or chain mezzin someone...
    Also, any dmg breaks mezz/root and had long immunity timers.

But I do agree with you that this game will never be a pvp game. How do you balance a game with 8 different subclasses in each of the 4 main classes? Rogue that can heal ? hehe

The game is doing great b/c Ppl are burnt out from WoW and Warhammer. Give it a few months, ppl will realize that this game's pvp really does suck.

For the pve...nothing really outstanding. At first rifts are awesome but it becomes lame after you do a few of them...all the same. Kill mobs in each stage to seal rift... done.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by SHOKO1 View Post
    "DAOC was a game built on stuns, mezz's and other varities of CC."

I dont remember being able to chain stun someone or chain mezzin someone...
    Also, any dmg breaks mezz/root and had long immunity timers.

But I do agree with you that this game will never be a pvp game. How do you balance a game with 8 different subclasses in each of the 4 main classes? Rogue that can heal ? hehe

The game is doing great b/c Ppl are burnt out from WoW and Warhammer. Give it a few months, ppl will realize that this game's pvp really does suck.

For the pve...nothing really outstanding. At first rifts are awesome but it becomes lame after you do a few of them...all the same. Kill mobs in each stage to seal rift... done.
    Actually thats not true at all. Bards and sorc's in particular could chain mezz. Or at least they could early on. And no alot of mezz's in that game didn't break on damage. Roots did though. And there weren't immunity timers.

PVE in this game is awesome. Most people aren't high enough to really get into the PVE content yet. The rifts do get old but the zonewide invasions are amazing.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast