+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: CC in pvp

Quote Originally Posted by Simkyn View Post
    I get where you're coming from, however I still don't believe its that big of a deal. You get the ability to deal with the cc even if it means you have to work for it. I've had no real problems with any of my characters, all over 30+, in pvp. Sure I get beat down especially if I'm focused on by a group. Even sometimes beat down by a single player who got the jump on me, however I don't see it as broke. I just see myself needing to modify my playing or my build, or I was just in a bad place at the time. Because of the soul system in this game, there are multiple ways to deal with situations. One of my mage builds has several ways to deal with cc and thats all without using the pvp soul at all. I seem to do fine and I can't see why others are having such a difficult time.
    Since you can hardly win warfronts (as defiant at least, too much chain cc since large groups of guardians are premade), you only get like 5 to 30 favor per loss, and not much more prestige - and you need 45k to unlock rank 2. GL!

Quote Originally Posted by nand chan View Post
    Mages are one of the top damage dealers, get focused by a mage and there's literally nothing you can do. He'll stun you and then kill you before the stun runs out. Then he'll drain your healer's mana, just to give a big **** you to your team. Don't understimate mages.

Also, OP, I absolutely agree.

In level 50 warfronts, where the entire enemy team is premade, you simply walk one step forward and get hit by about 5 consecutive stuns, mainly bull rush. Then you die, because even three healers can't heal through the combined DPS of that rank 5 marksman, two champions and a pyromancer.

My solution for a fix: Reduce the cooldown on the anti-CC skill to 30 seconds.
    No mage is killing anyone within a stun. Stop with the ******** and 30 sec cooldown would make this game nothing more then a zerg fest. DPS focus firing should kill a target getting healed not too mention Champs have a 50% heal debuff. You have no clue what you're talking about so please stop.
    "Few people are capable of expressing with equanimity opinions which differ from the prejudices of their social environment. Most people are even incapable of forming such opinions."
    Albert Einstein
    Ovgan<FUN> Sunrest

Quote Originally Posted by faction View Post
    This pretty much reminds me of every other MMORPG ever. Bad players don't understand whats happening to them in PvP and just complain about "being stunned forever".
    You, Sir, are an idiot.

You call people bad players because they don't understand ?

I am stunned, I am hit hit hit, I am Stunned, I am hit hit hit. I am dead.

WTF is there not to understand. Chain stuns are not fun. I want the chance to actually fight back.

As it is now, it is not the most skillful class that wins, it is who gets their CC off first wins. Not fun.

If the CC continues as it is now, I will let my subscription run out and never look back, just like I have done in several other games.

I just wish half the people that play this game would come play Darkfall and not quit after their free time.

Quote Originally Posted by Khelendross View Post
    Its amazing to me how many people are not familiar with this sort of PVP. The PVP in this game is very similar to the best PVP game ever made (and I'm not alone in saying this) DAOC. DAOC was a game built on stuns, mezz's and other varities of CC. Learning how to counter, positioning and making sure you had adequate negation was part of being good at PVP. People from the WOW set where all CC has been reduced to nothing don't know how to play this way and are whining about it. They will learn and adapt, or a few of the biggest whiners will go back to whatever game spawned them. This is not a PVP game anyways, Trion was never shy about that. The interest in PVP has suprised them and I think it will be addressed but not right away. I think we will see Open PVP soon but don't expect alot of soul balancing based on PVP to go on. Any soul balancing you will see will be based on PVE. Alpha notes for next patch indicate this. No nerfs for the widely whined about sabs (in fact they are getting a buff).

I suggest rather than wasting time whining here you try and come up with ways to counter the CC. Yes it can be done, alot of people have posted how. If you actually try and play the game as it is, you might find its good on its face, rather than trying to turn the game into something you are used to.
    Why is it that when people state something they do not like they are whiners ?

I, Sir, am not whining. I am complaining about an issue that I do not care for. I pay to play this game. I do not enjoy all the CC. I want to actually be able to fight. I do not want to spend 75% of my pvp time watching my character sleep, walk back and forth like a moron, look for acorns as a squirrel, etc etc.

There are lots of roles, lots of skills. Why should I have to play only certain ones because those are the ones that let me break a stun (which will only be put right back on me).

CC is for people that have no strategy or skill. You claim the opposite but really how hard is it to hit the stun button and kill the poor guy that cant fight back ?

Quote Originally Posted by Krazybojangles View Post
    No mage is killing anyone within a stun. Stop with the ******** and 30 sec cooldown would make this game nothing more then a zerg fest. DPS focus firing should kill a target getting healed not too mention Champs have a 50% heal debuff. You have no clue what you're talking about so please stop.
    Are you even level 50?

How about this.. What if they removed the rank system for the pvp soul and just let you build into it like any other soul, under the limitations of how many points you can throw into it. Seems like that would be a nice fix giving you all the abilities you need to deal with cc.
    How about this.....

CC is fun and amazing for PvE. CC is disheartening and demoralizing for pvp.

so... Easy solution. All players become immune to ALL CC's as soon as the first CC breaks/wears off. Effect lasts for 15 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Kato Khan View Post
    How about this.....

CC is fun and amazing for PvE. CC is disheartening and demoralizing for pvp.

so... Easy solution. All players become immune to ALL CC's as soon as the first CC breaks/wears off. Effect lasts for 15 seconds.
    That would actually work, heal through the initial bull charge then blink away.

RIFT Fan Site Operator

At minimum, I believe there needs to be an immunity from stun. DaoC had it right with an immunity that was 4x/5x the duration of the stun (or was when I played). People had to use their 9sec stuns with intelligence, unlike this game where everyone just spams CC's and you keep taking them over and over.
    Rift RvR and PvP resource

Seastone / Guardian Cleric / Defiant Mage

Thumbs down DR Reset After you Leave Combat

Yeah....i noticed this in my i was just playing...

Dom Mage Squirrel's me for 16 Seconds....waiting...waiting...Slip Away, Then i open up on him and BOOM!!! 16 Second Squirrel

When Every other CC i have has a 4 Sec DR after each apply

If there is DR it isn't working or isn't long enough, I'm also surprised people are so worried about squirrels with all the other OP stuff going on.
    Last edited by Rilman; 03-08-2011 at 08:04 PM.

Shadowlander

Here I'll help. Look at these and tell me this wouldn't help in each class for CC.

Warrior
    Rogue
    Cleric
    Mage

Each of these has a way out of CC and most of them give an immunity for 10 seconds. Most of them have a major damage reduction while stunned, most of them have it so it lowers the time of recast on break free. They all have huge benefits that if you just used them you wouldn't have nearly the issues with cc.

Edit, no idea why, but the mage and warrior build wont let me link it all the way up the sides. But all you have to do is fill in the rest to the top on the right hand side and there's your immunities.
    a 10 second immunity to me is plenty of time to crush someone.
    Oh yes, WHEN you will have prestige rank 6 you can do that all. Do you know how far it is now from here? If a game designed in way that "yes you will suck for half a year at least then all be good" is a baaaaaad design. In WAR when I created a char I got out of the creation sequence then pop an SC at level 1 and I enjoyed it. Despite WAR was not perfect either.

The truth is, that reveals itself now that this game - despite the developer statements - is a pure PvE game with a "musthave" suck pvp, and it is not appealing for serious PvP players. If they want to attrat pvP players too, they have to do something with the CC fest happening today.

Shadowlander

Maybe one solution would be to lift the Prestige rank restrictions from the pvp soul. Then everyone could build a pvp setup at any level after having it, according to the actual points they have.

Rap
    Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by faction View Post
    This pretty much reminds me of every other MMORPG ever. Bad players don't understand whats happening to them in PvP and just complain about "being stunned forever".
    Didn't get past page one after I read this post. Son, you have no idea what you are talking about. "Every other MMORPG ever" is more than that one game you might have started playing last year, you know the one nobody wants to mention anymore. Balance is needed, there is none in this game, bad players has nothing to do with crappy design. The actual best MMOs, including those based off of PVE, were balanced. If you do not understand that, you and the rest of the ******s in these threads have no business posting here.

Telaran

God I rage so much when I get transformed into a weasel for like 10 SECONDS!
    Seriously, wtf? 10s is way too much.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5