+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: CC in pvp

Here I'll help. Look at these and tell me this wouldn't help in each class for CC.

Warrior
    Rogue
    Cleric
    Mage

Each of these has a way out of CC and most of them give an immunity for 10 seconds. Most of them have a major damage reduction while stunned, most of them have it so it lowers the time of recast on break free. They all have huge benefits that if you just used them you wouldn't have nearly the issues with cc.

Here I'll help. Look at these and tell me this wouldn't help in each class for CC.

Warrior
    Rogue
    Cleric
    Mage

Each of these has a way out of CC and most of them give an immunity for 10 seconds. Most of them have a major damage reduction while stunned, most of them have it so it lowers the time of recast on break free. They all have huge benefits that if you just used them you wouldn't have nearly the issues with cc.

Edit, no idea why, but the mage and warrior build wont let me link it all the way up the sides. But all you have to do is fill in the rest to the top on the right hand side and there's your immunities.
    a 10 second immunity to me is plenty of time to crush someone.
    Last edited by Simkyn; 03-07-2011 at 04:05 PM.

Plane Touched

the cleric gets two breaks, one on a 5 minute recast and one on a 2 minute recast
    when so many of these CCs are chain castable or on very short recasts
    its a bandaid on a broken leg

Quote Originally Posted by Homegrown View Post
    the cleric gets two breaks, one on a 5 minute recast and one on a 2 minute recast
    when so many of these CCs are chain castable or on very short recasts
    its a bandaid on a broken leg
    Yeah, and it also assumes people will put up with enough of the terrible PVP to get to 50, then grind out PVP ranks... in a hope that PVP will then magically become 'fixed' and enjoyable.

10 second immunity. This means can't use cc on you for 10 seconds. Thats plenty of time to kill someone.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Simkyn View Post
    Have people even bothered looking at their pvp souls? All the stuff you want is already there, you just have to spec for it. Immunities to any crowd control, 50% damage reduction to the enemy while you're stunned. Things like that all in the pvp souls, you just have to throw points into that. This is why they made multiple roles. You don't have to always play in that role, but if you know you're going to pvp, you might as well attempt to use the abilities the game has set forth for you already, instead of asking to gimp everyone. Not every pvp soul gets the same abilities, but if you look hard enough (actually examine them), there's enough there to cover crowd control and some.
    you mean the worthless break out of xx so you can be put back into it ability in the soul tree? meanwhile you need to grinde over 1 mill boring warfronts to get the one were you can not be cc for 10 sec..the entire cc in this game is completely lame

Quote Originally Posted by Tramadols View Post
    you mean the worthless break out of xx so you can be put back into it ability in the soul tree? meanwhile you need to grinde over 1 mill boring warfronts to get the one were you can not be cc for 10 sec..the entire cc in this game is completely lame
    Actually you only need to get 2500 favor for the pvp soul and then it's only 21 points into it, hardly difficult. People lose in the battlegrounds and still get enough to get that. You also missed all the damage reduction and other passive abilities you get out of the soul. Clearly you're not trying.

Plane Touched

Actually you only need to get 2500 favor for the pvp soul and then it's only 21 points into it, hardly difficult. People lose in the battlegrounds and still get enough to get that. You also missed all the damage reduction and other passive abilities you get out of the soul. Clearly you're not trying.
    Gotta prestige up in order to unlock the successive tiers in PvP souls. Which is also restricted to level 50.

Quote Originally Posted by Magipants View Post
    Gotta prestige up in order to unlock the successive tiers in PvP souls. Which is also restricted to level 50.
    I get where you're coming from, however I still don't believe its that big of a deal. You get the ability to deal with the cc even if it means you have to work for it. I've had no real problems with any of my characters, all over 30+, in pvp. Sure I get beat down especially if I'm focused on by a group. Even sometimes beat down by a single player who got the jump on me, however I don't see it as broke. I just see myself needing to modify my playing or my build, or I was just in a bad place at the time. Because of the soul system in this game, there are multiple ways to deal with situations. One of my mage builds has several ways to deal with cc and thats all without using the pvp soul at all. I seem to do fine and I can't see why others are having such a difficult time.

How about this.. What if they removed the rank system for the pvp soul and just let you build into it like any other soul, under the limitations of how many points you can throw into it. Seems like that would be a nice fix giving you all the abilities you need to deal with cc.

How about this.. What if they removed the rank system for the pvp soul and just let you build into it like any other soul, under the limitations of how many points you can throw into it. Seems like that would be a nice fix giving you all the abilities you need to deal with cc.
    Yes, that would definitely help things.

Cause grinding PVP ranks in an effort to get 'half decent PVP' seems damn pretty stupid to me.
    Last edited by BlackUdder; 03-07-2011 at 06:36 PM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrant View Post
    There are diminishing returns.

/thread.
    guess you have never been chain stunned, or mezzed or squirreled?
    yes there is DR in this game, yes it is broken beyond belief. the only time I have ever seen DR is on a sab when you put a stun charge in a detonate then try to use annihilate bomb. other than that i have yet to see it. chain: mez->charges+det->mez->charges+det...repeat until target dies.

the CC is way out of control; warriors can get a ranged instant fear, ranged stun, charge stun and snare. add that to the other classes and that nearly all specs have at least 1 and some as many as 4 CC abilities that do not cause a DR.
    a 2nd stun no matter where the source should last 50%, and a third you should be immune. the DR (such as it is) it "seems" is player specific so i can stun you twice, then get an immune, but someone else can stun you no prob because the source is different (i have been stunned 4 times in a row from 3 different people). some abilities like squirrel and mez i have not seen a DR on, there may be others but i have not ran into them yet.

the CC break in the pvp soul is on a 5min cooldown, which means in most cases you get to use it once, maybe twice if the warfront last long enough. unless you invest heavily into the pvp tree your pretty screwed, and even then you are forced into taking the defensive talents in order to simply get out of the massive amounts of CC.

Quote Originally Posted by Khelendross View Post
    Actually thats not true at all. Bards and sorc's in particular could chain mezz. Or at least they could early on. And no alot of mezz's in that game didn't break on damage. Roots did though. And there weren't immunity timers.

PVE in this game is awesome. Most people aren't high enough to really get into the PVE content yet. The rifts do get old but the zonewide invasions are amazing.
    Mezzes always broke on damage. Healers, Bards, and Sorcs had the best (longest duration) mez. Others had them too but for much shorter duration. The thing about DAoC was, once you were stunned or mezzed and it broke you were immune. There was no diminishing return, you just gained an immunity. In DAoC people knew not to break CC and how important it was to tilting a battle. However, in DAoC if a player mezzed you and it was broken by damage, you couldn't be mezzed again with a shorter duration (like in this game), until the immunity wore off. Also if Healer mezzed you and it was broken, a skald couldn't mezz you. Immunity wasn't based on class and the name of the ability, it was based on a category of CC regardless of class or name of the spell.

Quote Originally Posted by Krazybojangles View Post
    It has DR and it's dispellable. Essentially it's the one thing a mage really brings to a premade and you want that gutted too? Just remove the mage archetype completely ****.
    Mages are one of the top damage dealers, get focused by a mage and there's literally nothing you can do. He'll stun you and then kill you before the stun runs out. Then he'll drain your healer's mana, just to give a big **** you to your team. Don't understimate mages.

Also, OP, I absolutely agree.

In level 50 warfronts, where the entire enemy team is premade, you simply walk one step forward and get hit by about 5 consecutive stuns, mainly bull rush. Then you die, because even three healers can't heal through the combined DPS of that rank 5 marksman, two champions and a pyromancer.

My solution for a fix: Reduce the cooldown on the anti-CC skill to 30 seconds.
    Last edited by nand chan; 03-07-2011 at 09:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zagz420 View Post
    Just replace the rest with Blah Blah Blah Blah. If the mages think saying they die in 2s is a valid reason for this not to be nerfed it isn't, thats a problem with warriors being OP and every single rogue being a sab.
    LOL zagz the immortal whiner. I face this moron as a dom, all he does is run out in the open and allow himself to be drained. Pro-Tip hide behind your melee and I won't be able to get to you. VK is a different subject because they have a lot more drains and are stupid hard to kill.
    "Few people are capable of expressing with equanimity opinions which differ from the prejudices of their social environment. Most people are even incapable of forming such opinions."
    Albert Einstein
    Ovgan<FUN> Sunrest

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast