+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Defiants ever winning a Warfront? ...

Telaran

Default Defiants ever winning a Warfront? ...

Wow,

so in Beta I played both sides to the max. Switch on Headstart first from Guardians, which won 9:10 Matches to Defiants and yeah... winning maybe 1:10 matches.

Why? (most stupid question in any mmo why one side loses, i know but still)

Soulwalker

i have played 15 to 20 warfronts in the 10 to 20 range and won 2 as a defiant
    i dont know why, and i dont think it matters much, ppl will stop pvp if this continues.
    its difficult to balance pvp in mmos but it has to be done or this game will end up like age of conan

Plane Touched

Guardians always lose on my server. I think it just depends on the cluster your in.

Quote Originally Posted by Josgar View Post
    Guardians always lose on my server. I think it just depends on the cluster your in.
    It's a strange phenomenon, I gotta say. I would love to see some statistics that try to figure out the root cause.

In my cluster, defiants usually lose badly. But I have played at times when it felt like defiant was winning everything.

I'm leaning towards the theory that guardians typically have more healers. I usually do better in defiant WF's if I play a bard, instead of another DPS.

It comes and it goes. I've spent much of the last 2 days only doing war fronts. It seems I'll win a couple and then lose a couple. Really depends on who you get paired with.

I've taken to trying to 'motivate' people to get in there are either fight on the flags or get the fang whatever the case may be. It's doesn't help. People will play the way the way they think will keep them alive.

The other thing I've learned is one motivated person can make a difference in the war fronts. So just lead by example and eventually the lemmings will follow.

Quote Originally Posted by fervor View Post
    It's a strange phenomenon, I gotta say. I would love to see some statistics that try to figure out the root cause.

In my cluster, defiants usually lose badly. But I have played at times when it felt like defiant was winning everything.

I'm leaning towards the theory that guardians typically have more healers. I usually do better in defiant WF's if I play a bard, instead of another DPS.
    I'm kind of finding the same thing. I've got 2 roles setup. 1 is a pure bard and the other pure ranger. I use the bard a lot in The Codex. Stick him near the flag and people start feeling more heroic when they see someone healing in the vicinity so it gets them off the cliffs.

For the Fang I usually start with the Ranger and shower the center with AoE so at least Defiants can't get it and hope to god someone grows a set and grabs it. Once we have it I usually switch to Bard so we can keep it.

That's how I've been rolling so far and I think we're winning more than losing.

Champion of Telara

I have been 50 since Tuesday.. I havent played THAT many Warfronts..But from like the 20 i played i lost 1..The rest i won..

There are guys on my server that do Warfronts all day (We have a serious problem of grouping)..Rank 2 and a half already cause we never lose..

Port Scion looks like this

10 Warriors 3 Rogues 2 Mages 5 Clerics on our side (Defiant)
    5 Warriors 5 Rogues 8 mages 2 clerics on their side (Guardians)

Count who has the most OP class and the least **** class on their team and the winner is figured out.

Hint:They charge and deal 4k damage in 2 seconds <--The OP class
    Hint 2:They can do 3k damage in 6 seconds with Pyromancer but still die in 2 seconds by any other class
    Last edited by potis; 03-06-2011 at 07:17 PM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Josgar View Post
    This. I experienced the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kernunno View Post
    its difficult to balance pvp in mmos but it has to be done or this game will end up like age of conan
    Age of Conan had class balance problems.
    You can fix classes, you can't fix a great player's will to join as a guardian.

Giving buffs to the losing team is pretty meh in my opinion, considering both factions have the exact same archetypes and classes. This is a problem players can fix.

You're good at pvp? Roll a defiant.

I know there's some leet kiddie who'd love nothing more than steamrolling noobs game after game, but there's also some pvp'ers who like challenge.
    Roll your guild on the defiant side? Or even better, both side, and destroy whichever side is currently owning?

Soulwalker

Logged on this morning and preceeded to lose 6 straight in BG on guardian side. Defiant teams were different for most part each match my team just blew. Logged on later and won 8 straight because of good healing and strategy. All PUG. I think it's just a matter of if you get stuck with good PvPers and not people who are gonna sit and try and kill people that don't have fang or people that run all over the place and not try and keep codex etc.

I've won a total over 100 matches on the Defiant side today alone. Just was a mixture of wins and losses like every other time you play.

Telaran

Snarebrush/Stonecrest/Dimroot battlegroup at level 50 is 95% win rate for Guardian.

I played all day today as Defiant and made 6k honor. They already have 5-10 people rank 3 and almost rank 4. Terrible idea making battlegroups so small. You get the same 10v10 every game.

If you pug expect to lose. Stop pug queue and you might actually win one but right now you shouldn't be crying if you pug and lose b.c its expected.
    Briarcliff I make em scream.

Quote Originally Posted by Selenity View Post
    I'm not sure if you are talking to him or me. But I do care. I even care about what would bring you to the place that you would put such pictures on your profile.

Quote Originally Posted by Bravofigaro View Post
    Snarebrush/Stonecrest/Dimroot battlegroup at level 50 is 95% win rate for Guardian.
    For you, maybe. I play on Snarebrush and my Warfronts are NEVER that bad.

Again... chalk it to bad luck on your groups and such probably or lack of teamwork / etc.

No insult, mind ya. Just saying.

+ Reply to Thread