+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Another MMO, another way to PvP victory by PvE.

Default Another MMO, another way to PvP victory by PvE.

This post is probably going to be long, so if you dont want to be crit in the face from a wall of text, tab back in and continue queuing for Port Scion for your Pvestige.

I had officially called off playing all MMORPGs, after playing aion, never to touch them again, I was avoiding rift too, until i was suckered into its by promises of grand and elaborate PvP, I gave it a shot in Beta and thought it was alright, though its endgame PvP need to best tested, I gave the game a chance even after it seemed all endgame PvP would be confined to warfronts, since I was having alot of fun in whitefall steps, Blackgarden and the Codex anyway.
    Enter Port Scion.

So were not in Azeroth anymore, no we have found a more aids infected game. Port scion is a joke of a map, its an AV clone simply with more aids, the zone is a multi layered rabbit warren that allows players to simply run past each other and achieve PvP victory from downing a PvE Mob. Sure you have the argument of. you should fight them then, irrelevant, its that fact that you can get more prestige per hour from PvE than you can from PvP. And being that this game is targeted to the wow generation of people who take the path of least resistance to get their shiny epics, they will simply run past each other and DPS race each other to kill the boss. PVE VICTORY IN PVP.
    My reasons for disliking this may vary somewhat different to other who despise this battleground, i hate it because in yet another MMO, you can get the most prestige per hour and therefore highest pvp rank from PvE. This is the EXACT same reason I quit all these other PvP MMOs in the past.
    Warhammer, more renown per hour by taking objectives than from PvP, chasing PvEers across the 3 zones to stop this gets old.

Aion, PvP gear and rank is acquired from farming mobs and taking fortresses, and again, like warhammer downing a PvE mob to take control of the keep.
    The irony is WoW is more of PvP game than this garbage.

You want a fix for port scion? Take a look at Planetside, simply remove the boss and replace it with a node or artefact, this should then be held for 5 minutes without the enemy getting to it. This would require a 20sec-1m cast time to capture And the same time for the enemy to reclaim. White at it, remove all the PvE mobs...and add proper world PvP objectives, and prestige for it.
    In any case, Planetside Next is calling, SOE maybe a bunch of money hungry spastics...and be bad at the making money part but so far they make a better PvP game than all these other spastics combined, and unless this abomination of port scion is fixed fast, every true PvPer will be taking the first ride out of here.
    SKYeXile - Future Crew - PlanetSide - Taste the Rainbow
    Xile - Telara Rift Fellowship - Aion - WAR - RIFT

The colour mangeta, rainbows and tasting the rainbow are trademarks of Future Crew Gaming.

Shadowlander

I'm already stepping out for now, mostly because of the lack of care given to PvP. I like your suggest for port scion but honestly think the changes need to go deeper. Warfront only pvp isn't going to hold *any* hardcore pvpers, and there are a lot of hardcore pvpers. Once the realization sets in that you're in for only warfronts, no arenas, nothing competitive and skill based, the decision to leave becomes pretty easy.

Every MMO with the exception of WAR (I don't count the rest because they were terrible.) had garbage PvP at launch.

The community (that's you) is responsible for providing constructive feedback and pounding home the point that we want some hot **** to kill eachother over and compete.

What you threaded here was more of a "Leave Britney alone" styled blog.

Put that effort towards the devs, this is a sick foundation to go off of.
    Briarcliff PvP or it doesn't count.

Quote Originally Posted by Lochness100 View Post
    I'm already stepping out for now, mostly because of the lack of care given to PvP. I like your suggest for port scion but honestly think the changes need to go deeper. Warfront only pvp isn't going to hold *any* hardcore pvpers, and there are a lot of hardcore pvpers. Once the realization sets in that you're in for only warfronts, no arenas, nothing competitive and skill based, the decision to leave becomes pretty easy.
    I agree, there is a total lack of of world PvP objectives and incentives to world PvP, since prestige is only gained via instances.

I personally find no joy in going around ganking people PvEing in the open world, so they ether give players an incentive to world pvp and promote that, or I shall be leaving this pve pile of garbage beind, and so shall many other players.

Though seriously with only 2 factions, the open world pvp was never going to be any good.

The colour mangeta, rainbows and tasting the rainbow are trademarks of Future Crew Gaming.

what i dont get is why all the pvp has to be put into a small little battleground...its fun for a little while but gets old really fast. But then there is those who claim that open world is nothing but zerg vs zerg which isnt true. If the pvp zone and objectives are spread out and are large enough, you dont see zergs that often. Also many dont like a challenge and if they enemy happens to have a few more players in some fights they will cry and cry some more.
    Iscreamloudd Hib/Gawaine - RR10.5 Banshee
    Dewan Alb/Merlin - rr6 Cabby
    ...Smurff of Ywaine, rr7 Runie of Fenris.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by SKYeXile View Post
    I agree, there is a total lack of of world PvP objectives and incentives to world PvP, since prestige is only gained via instances.

I personally find no joy in going around ganking people PvEing in the open world, so they ether give players an incentive to world pvp and promote that, or I shall be leaving this pve pile of garbage beind, and so shall many other players.

Though seriously with only 2 factions, the open world pvp was never going to be any good.
    Fighting for a rift can be great fun :b

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Lochness100 View Post
    Same here.

The problem is, most of the Players play PvE and casual PvP, resulting in a casual PvP environment for PvE players to show off their epics.
    Last edited by Schio; 03-07-2011 at 09:30 AM.
    Alpha Patch notes
    * Keyboard turning speed has been significantly increased.

Champion of Telara

"we will introduce RvR if players want it"
    said 2 week before release.
    so they only start planning this at that moment.

This is the EXACT same reason I quit all these other PvP MMOs in the past.
    Warhammer, more renown per hour by taking objectives than from PvP, chasing PvEers across the 3 zones to stop this gets old.
    Actually you got most renown per hour by making small groups and ganking bigger ones and all NPCs were removed from RvR lakes in the last major patch. War still has other problems though but PvE for PvP is not one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Roxx View Post
    Every MMO with the exception of WAR (I don't count the rest because they were terrible.) had garbage PvP at launch.

The community (that's you) is responsible for providing constructive feedback and pounding home the point that we want some hot **** to kill eachother over and compete.

What you threaded here was more of a "Leave Britney alone" styled blog.

Put that effort towards the devs, this is a sick foundation to go off of.

Hahaha!
    The words I were thinking.

However, in topic of the matter;

Port Scion is intended to go into being an open world RvR zone. Seems only natural that it should be populated by creeps and npcs. If it was a node, or something really trivial you'd just have 3AMers taking the world objective everytime you're asleep.
    Plus, did i mention that taking a flag, a node a whatever. It could be magic planar sausage for all i care, but the objective to capture it would be so lazy on behalf of the devs. I like different mechanics, and PvPvE is an interesting mechanic that hasn't really found it's place yet. However, I do suggest 'PvPers' (if that's what you like you yourselves, I on the other hand use the alias of '****ters I loathe to play with') start coming up with viable alternatives of things like to see, not just what they wouldn't like to see, 'cos that's purely subjective to you as a person.
    Do you see that?
    PURELY
    SUBJECTIVE
    TO YOU
    AS A
    PERSON

That means what you dislike, others may adore. So perhaps instead of trying to pass your opinions (frail, weak opinions), you should partake in something more constructive and say 'Hey, I'd like to see this in the future because the rest just isn't doing it for me'

Also, I'd implore you to constructively criticise what you don't like, but it's overwhelmingly clear that the ****ters-I-loathe-to-play-with's community is incapable of such a feat.

In the event of Port Scion being removed from my instanced warfronts queue, I suspect they'll have another map to replace it, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsuner View Post
    Actually you got most renown per hour by making small groups and ganking bigger ones and all NPCs were removed from RvR lakes in the last major patch. War still has other problems though but PvE for PvP is not one of them.
    no, we would kill groups 3-4 size our number, but when you get ticks of 1 renown per kill(because of the RR difference)...thats alot of kills you need to do...especly when you're getting 600 renown from taking a BO...

no, we would kill groups 3-4 size our number, but when you get ticks of 1 renown per kill(because of the RR difference)...thats alot of kills you need to do...especly when you're getting 600 renown from taking a BO...
    When was the last time you played War? The first 6 months? Since then a lot more people have reached high renown rank and they added Against All Odds buff with a maximum of 400% more renown if you are outnumbered in the RvR lake.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsuner View Post
    When was the last time you played War? The first 6 months? Since then a lot more people have reached high renown rank and they added Against All Odds buff with a maximum of 400% more renown if you are outnumbered in the RvR lake.
    oh the same sort of thing thats in planetside? that should have been in WAR at release? except EA wanted return on their investment and threw the POS out the door?

hrmmm....

Yea not giving those bads my money.

Plane Touched

this, this, this. world pvp needs a lot of love... first by fixing everyone being grey all the damn time. then the second faction thing: guild wars, anyone?

+ Reply to Thread