+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Sabs

  1. #1
    Rift Chaser Kayoh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    369

    Default Sabs

    So I decided to reroll with a guild of PvPers that had contacted me pre release, and this time around I went with a rogue instead of the cleric. I now have first hand experience of just how OP the sabs are.

    Quiet frankly, any and all justification that I wanted to believe from other sabos as to why this class should be able to do 80-90% of a players hp in the press of a button went out the window. This soul is by a large margin not only the easiest thing I've ever played, but outrageously effective. And hell, if I'm playing with a friend in a WF? ****, assist trains with a sabo are instant death 100% of the time, no questions asked. And as for the excuse of 'Sabos are squishy, just get on them'.... How in the hell do you intend on doing that when I have an arsenal of snares, knockbacks and a 0 point blink to get away.

    I'm still awaitin the nerf, and then I'll happily move on to a Marks spec that I have sittin on the back burner, until then I'll lol my way to victory.


    I went to click on very cute kitty in a town, I thought maybe they'd be an emote or the cat would meow, instead I murdered it... and looted a Cat Tear...
    This mace was made for swingin'
    So that's just what I'll do
    Pop Rage of the North and **** all over you

  2. #2
    Plane Walker H3artless's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    South Korea
    Posts
    401

    Default

    Sabs have almost no defense, they can't one shot or take everyone to 10-20%. You can dispell charges.

    Seriously I don't know what there is to complain about? If you are stupid enough to let charges build on you then you are stupid enough to let them blow you up.

    I can't even touch most warriors as a sab, 5 charge det. on them doesn't deal that much damage at all.


    Sab is just a weird soul. If you really played it you'd know it doesn't do any damage but burst.

  3. #3
    Rift Chaser Kayoh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    369

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by H3artless View Post
    Sabs have almost no defense, they can't one shot or take everyone to 10-20%. You can dispell charges.

    Seriously I don't know what there is to complain about? If you are stupid enough to let charges build on you then you are stupid enough to let them blow you up.

    I can't even touch most warriors as a sab, 5 charge det. on them doesn't deal that much damage at all.


    Sab is just a weird soul. If you really played it you'd know it doesn't do any damage but burst.
    Burst damage is the only damage that matters in pvp. I'm not sure how you're even letting people get to you, unless you're not paying attention to where you're kiting, and I am easily one shotting people, not to mention if I stack 5 charges on a player that is at 50% health, it's a gg 9 times out of 10.

    Also, Rogue gcd is 1 second. All other souls is 1.5, cleansing my charges is just delaying the inevitable.


    I went to click on very cute kitty in a town, I thought maybe they'd be an emote or the cat would meow, instead I murdered it... and looted a Cat Tear...
    This mace was made for swingin'
    So that's just what I'll do
    Pop Rage of the North and **** all over you

  4. #4
    Plane Walker H3artless's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    South Korea
    Posts
    401

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kayoh View Post
    Burst damage is the only damage that matters in pvp. I'm not sure how you're even letting people get to you, unless you're not paying attention to where you're kiting, and I am easily one shotting people, not to mention if I stack 5 charges on a player that is at 50% health, it's a gg 9 times out of 10.

    Also, Rogue gcd is 1 second. All other souls is 1.5, cleansing my charges is just delaying the inevitable.
    Ive only played the 19 bracket yet so far. At this bracket people are usually either full or dead. I've tried stacking up charges and waiting till someone else knocks them to half and them blowing them for the rest but usually champions kick my *** left and right.

    It doesn't bother me, when they do I switch bard and steamroll them while topping the heals.

  5. #5
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    252

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by H3artless View Post
    Ive only played the 19 bracket yet so far. At this bracket people are usually either full or dead. I've tried stacking up charges and waiting till someone else knocks them to half and them blowing them for the rest but usually champions kick my *** left and right.

    It doesn't bother me, when they do I switch bard and steamroll them while topping the heals.
    Ya gotta CC the melee instead of hope to pewpew them down before you get steamrolled. A squirrel here and there goes a long way =P

    At the OP: MM is extremely fun, and way more effective than what I see as the sub-par Ranger soul. But you should give Assassin a try. If you stack your spikes correctly, I have no problem melting 3-4k health in under 12 seconds It's probably the most fun I've had with a class thus far in RIFT.

  6. #6
    Rift Master
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    580

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kayoh View Post
    So I decided to reroll with a guild of PvPers that had contacted me pre release, and this time around I went with a rogue instead of the cleric. I now have first hand experience of just how OP the sabs are.

    Quiet frankly, any and all justification that I wanted to believe from other sabos as to why this class should be able to do 80-90% of a players hp in the press of a button went out the window. This soul is by a large margin not only the easiest thing I've ever played, but outrageously effective. And hell, if I'm playing with a friend in a WF? ****, assist trains with a sabo are instant death 100% of the time, no questions asked. And as for the excuse of 'Sabos are squishy, just get on them'.... How in the hell do you intend on doing that when I have an arsenal of snares, knockbacks and a 0 point blink to get away.

    I'm still awaitin the nerf, and then I'll happily move on to a Marks spec that I have sittin on the back burner, until then I'll lol my way to victory.
    Pretty much this...

  7. #7
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    45

    Default

    Except that the only dispel that will remove all the stacks at once is Dominator Deny on a 45sec CD. Otherwise all other dispels are 1 stack, and the GCD is 1.5secs compared to your 1sec GCD to cast them. So guess who wins in the long run...

    Burst and backend damage gets kills in Rift atm. Everything else gets healed up easily.

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts