+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Petition: Team Death match mode for all warfront maps.

Plane Touched

Default Petition: Team Death match mode for all warfront maps.

We all want it, just a big map, like the codex, and its just about getting the most kills in 10minutes.

I dont want to capture a flag.
    I dont want to hold a portion of the map.
    I Dont want to do a combination of both.
    AND I DEFINITELY DON'T WANT TO PROTECT SOME RANDOM NPC!!

I just want to find the enemy, attack the enemy, see big numbers and smile. Just give me some good old fashioned, Deathmatch.

My proposal, ad a mode to all the maps, black garden, the codex, and all the rest, where players can choose to join the death match mode of it. And it last 5minutes for the smaller maps, 10minutes for the mid size maps, 20 minutes for the larger maps.

The only objective, is to get as many kills as you can in the time limit. DONE!

Lets face it, the biggest reason for losing any of these pvp zones is the fact that people spend more time trying to kill then trying to achieve the objective. And i cant get angry at those people, a lot of people don't want to do some silly objective, a lot of people just want to fight. Why is there no option for them to do that at every level bracket.

And no, this is not the same as the arena, It doesn't need to be ranked, it just needs to be an option. There is a reason why Most pvp games, have team deathmatch as the most popular game mode. Dont believe me? Go play call of duty, any one of them, how many people are actually playing headquarters, or sabotage, compared to the number playing straight team deathmatch!

Team Deathmatch Warfronts, Sign here, Make it happen.
    Last edited by MrFoxx; 03-06-2011 at 12:43 PM.

Plane Touched

you play a dps I assume?

i will love to see this

In this thread we find the mindless idiot players that make you lose a Warfront, because they are more worried about stroking their e-peen.

Besides your idea wouldn't work, allow me to present why using Codex as an example. Team A goes to the area by the vault with their whole team there (since this is death match and there are no other objectives there is no reason to go anywhere your team isn't). Team B has two options. Attack Team A on a suicide run through the best choke point on the map. Option two, Team B decides they won't hand them the easy kills and hangs out at the bottom of the vault's ramps hoping Team A. This will result in both teams sitting on their thumbs for 5-10 mins.

This is why arenas are on small mostly flat maps, with maybe some pillars to use as cover. It doesn't allow the above scenario.

TL;DR you should just not queue for WFs so the rest of us have a chance at winning.
    "If you make a really big stink, grab the air freshener by the sink.
    Spray the contents everywhere, so the next person can smell the air." - Albert Einstein

TLDR: "I'm a solo warrior hero who gets outplayed and loses because I farm kills. Fix pl0x!"

call of duty
    Clearly an mmorpg game.
    Last edited by Schmicks; 03-06-2011 at 03:01 PM.

uvo
    Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Oragog View Post
    In this thread we find the mindless idiot players that make you lose a Warfront, because they are more worried about stroking their e-peen.

Besides your idea wouldn't work, allow me to present why using Codex as an example. Team A goes to the area by the vault with their whole team there (since this is death match and there are no other objectives there is no reason to go anywhere your team isn't). Team B has two options. Attack Team A on a suicide run through the best choke point on the map. Option two, Team B decides they won't hand them the easy kills and hangs out at the bottom of the vault's ramps hoping Team A. This will result in both teams sitting on their thumbs for 5-10 mins.

This is why arenas are on small mostly flat maps, with maybe some pillars to use as cover. It doesn't allow the above scenario.

TL;DR you should just not queue for WFs so the rest of us have a chance at winning.
    Or sometimes people want to fight without an objective.... don't be a jerk. Just because somebody wants to make the game more enjoyable for themselves does not mean you should bash them.
    Mayor of Party Town.

Quote Originally Posted by uvo View Post
    Or sometimes people want to fight without an objective.... don't be a jerk. Just because somebody wants to make the game more enjoyable for themselves does not mean you should bash them.
    Same thing was said about arenas in WoW and they spew over all aspects of the game as the devs went on to balancing classes for the deathmatch environment. They couldn't ever achieve this, but they sure manage to screw over the other aspects to please deathmatchers.

uvo
    Soulwalker

He is not talking about arenas. Deathmatch and Arena would be different a deathmatch BG would require the same balancing as the other battlegrounds, it would not change anything in that respect.
    Mayor of Party Town.

Quote Originally Posted by uvo View Post
    He is not talking about arenas. Deathmatch and Arena would be different a deathmatch BG would require the same balancing as the other battlegrounds, it would not change anything in that respect.
    And what is the difference between arena and a "deathmatch bg"? Do enlighten me.

uvo
    Soulwalker

If we are speaking about WoW's arenas (unless you want to compare against something else), you have 5 or fewer people in a premade team playing another team for gear and for ranking.

Deathmatch would be the same as warfronts in that you would have 5 maximum players premade (unless they change that) and it would be on a larger scale (10-15 players if you go off of the codex/steppes/garden). And it would have the same look rewards as playing normal warfronts.

You would be doing a warfront either to kill people or to accomplish an objective. Either way it would not be an arena.
    Mayor of Party Town.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by General_Armchair View Post
    you play a dps I assume?
    When i pvp... yeah, when pve i tank. What is the point of this question?

Only dps players want to do pure deathmatch?
    * Petition: Team Death match mode for all warfront maps.

The biggest mistake I see mages and other range classes do is try to tank me, as a warrior. Are you insane? What makes you believe you can fight and survive me at melee range as a guy wearing a bedsheet with a belt trying to pass it off as armor and the hp pool of a wetnapkin.

Am i supposed to be teaching you how to play your class in between beating you in the warfronts?

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Schmicks View Post
    TLDR: "I'm a solo warrior hero who gets outplayed and loses because I farm kills. Fix pl0x!"

Clearly an mmorpg game.

Every Game mode found in this games pvp is found in call of duty, EVERY ONE OF THEM. PVP is a very limited playstyle, you cant do very much, and just because some of you want an objective based pvp doesnt mean the option shouldnt be there for the deathmatch players.

If you want to do codex with the objective all you have to do is queue for it. I am not saying remove objectives im saying give the option to pvp without having to worry about them.

The biggest mistake I see mages and other range classes do is try to tank me, as a warrior. Are you insane? What makes you believe you can fight and survive me at melee range as a guy wearing a bedsheet with a belt trying to pass it off as armor and the hp pool of a wetnapkin.

Am i supposed to be teaching you how to play your class in between beating you in the warfronts?

Plane Touched

Same thing was said about arenas in WoW and they spew over all aspects of the game as the devs went on to balancing classes for the deathmatch environment. They couldn't ever achieve this, but they sure manage to screw over the other aspects to please deathmatchers.
    What does that telll you? More people liked the arena over the capture the flag nonsense, that is why the arena was more popular..

But im not talking about arenas, i just want large scale pvp, i just dont want to capture a flag. why is that a bad thing?
    Last edited by MrFoxx; 03-06-2011 at 04:22 PM.

Plane Touched

And what is the difference between arena and a "deathmatch bg"? Do enlighten me.
    Arena is more competitive, its usually in a small area, ranked and usually 1 v 1, 3 v 3 or 5v5. Deathmatch battleground would be lthe same group sizes as the battlegrounds, so 10v10, 15v15, 20v20, etc.

It really isnt a hardconcept. All this does is allow people who want to do deathmatch to queue for that instead.

Everyone who is against it, really shouldnt be. do you want people who dont want to do the objectives to play in your mission based warfront? You know all we are going to do is fight for kills, we dont care who has the flag, or who has the most control points. It is a victory for us if we have a positive kill death ratio. Why not give us some other outlet to express ourselves, rather then force us to do something we dont want to, just because its the only option we have.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Oragog View Post

So, i shouldnt be allowed to pvp, because i dont want to pvp the way you pvp? And im a mindless idiot?

There is a reason im asking for this, because the only option i have if i just want to pvp and still get favor is to queue up and ignore the objectives. SO shouldn't you be FOR THIS, instead of against it, so more of us mindless idiots will queue in deathmatch instead of your capture the flag objective based pvp?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast