+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Casters are to easily focused in PvP

Soulwalker

Default Casters are to easily focused in PvP

When casters cast spells and take damage at the same time their cast bar keep getting slowed down for each hit.

A two sec cast can easily take 5 sec due to getting hit by a fast stabing rogue or two slower hitting players.

There's just no point casting while focused and that's very disturbing.

I very much would like to see this removed so that you can cast as you like and not being locked down and while being locked down > just going "oh ffs gr8..." and then you die (in-game lol).

I really don't see any reason why it should be like it is now, I find it (once again) very disturbing and I (if not everybody) might aswell reroll rogue > hunter > instant massive damage.

And just as everybody know, I'm a lvl 20 mage so maybe it gets better at end-game levels. However, I don't see that coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Ideala View Post
    When casters cast spells and take damage at the same time their cast bar keep getting slowed down for each hit.

A two sec cast can easily take 5 sec due to getting hit by a fast stabing rogue or two slower hitting players.

There's just no point casting while focused and that's very disturbing.

I very much would like to see this removed so that you can cast as you like and not being locked down and while being locked down > just going "oh ffs gr8..." and then you die (in-game lol).

I really don't see any reason why it should be like it is now, I find it (once again) very disturbing and I (if not everybody) might aswell reroll rogue > hunter > instant massive damage.

And just as everybody know, I'm a lvl 20 mage so maybe it gets better at end-game levels. However, I don't see that coming.
    You don't stand to cast or you die. You jump around like bunny and use instant cast. Your 2-sec cast spell does as much damage as melee instant, so why do you even cast?

Plane Touched

What souls are you using?

group with some guildies who can protect your *** then

(sorry to use wow as a reference) best 5 man BG team was, HPala/DPriest/DK/Arcane mage/ele Sham
    ie. DK peels - arcane and ele blow **** up completly without getting ***** by melee

you just need someone to protect you and unfortunatly most pugs cant grasp the idea of teamplay

Soulwalker

I'm warlock mainly, have necro and dominator "off spec".

@ You don't stand to cast or you die. You jump around like bunny and use instant cast. Your 2-sec cast spell does as much damage as melee instant, so why do you even cast?

First of all, what exacely do you think the point of this thread is eh?

"uuuh duuuh i dont no, mybe he ment that casts is 2 good?"

And jumping around like a bunny using only instant casts doesn't hold.

You're not meant to be a solo hero as a caster. Casters in this game are heavily dependent on the group that they play with. They are however game-changers if looked after.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Schmicks View Post
    You're not meant to be a solo hero as a caster. Casters in this game are heavily dependent on the group that they play with. They are however game-changers if looked after.
    But any rogue spec is ment to be solo heroes?

Rangers and Marksmen especially, in a way like casters, except that they don't cast and damage more.

Actually, maybe I should reroll a marksman, they got loads of tools to keep enemies at distance.

Considering your mentality. Maybe you should. Casters in this game are squishy, they have very hard counters, but they have abilities that if supported by a group and properly executed turn the tides of warfronts. Your problem is, you think you are wow's frost mage or whatever else. My only gripe is that we might be too squishy, but I rely on the team to peel stuff off me while I abuse their team to the point of getting insulted.
    Last edited by Schmicks; 03-06-2011 at 12:35 PM.

Hmmm, strange... i am a hero as a caster and i solo hero... mobs :D

But anyway, in PvP you have to rely heavily on CC, if its a knockback, a root, a fear, a slow... anything that gives you time to get some distance. Saying that,
    Stormcaller gives you Speedbuff, knockback + root, knockback on hit and slows.
    Warlock leeching abilities, selfhealing, protectionbuff, fear and slow, stun.
    Pyromancer root, flicker, two stuns.
    Dominator squirrel, root, stun, energie/manareg set to 0.
    Chloromancer unaffected by roots and slows, healspells, healing over damage

I missing some things, but basically you have the tools that will let you survive, giving oportunities to cast again. And i mentioned only mage, because well, i know nothing about Clerics, except they dont die easy either...
    Last edited by FinalplayerRyu; 03-06-2011 at 12:40 PM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Schmicks View Post
    Considering your mentality. Maybe you should. Casters in this game are squishy, they have very hard counters, but they have abilities that if supported by a group and properly executed turn the tides of warfronts. Your problem is, you think you are wow's frost mage or whatever else. My only gripe is that we might be too squishy, but I rely on the team to peel stuff off me while I abuse their team to the point of getting insulted.
    I don't play frost mage in wow D:
    I play warlock (alt) and feral druid (main).

Yes we're to squishy in this game! D:
    And seeing our damage actually being worse then most classes, what's the point of mages? I doubt we'll get devestating while protected ... "protected". They can still attack us (atleast ranged rogues can) regardless of being slowed or w/e.

We need to be able to cast regardless of being focused.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by FinalplayerRyu View Post
    Hmmm, strange... i am a hero as a caster and i solo hero... mobs

But anyway, in PvP you have to rely heavily on CC, if its a knockback, a root, a fear, a slow... anything that gives you time to get some distance. Saying that,
    Stormcaller gives you Speedbuff, knockback + root, knockback on hit and slows.
    Warlock leeching abilities, selfhealing, protectionbuff, fear and slow, stun.
    Pyromancer root, flicker, two stuns.
    Dominator squirrel, root, stun, energie/manareg set to 0.
    Chloromancer unaffected by roots and slows, healspells, healing over damage

I missing some things, but basically you have the tools that will let you survive, giving oportunities to cast again. And i mentioned only mage, because well, i know nothing about Clerics, except they dont die easy either...
    I have a slow which is on a cast, that's very usefull seeing I can't cast that while being focused.
    I have a life stealing dot also is a cast.
    I have a 1 sec stun that is very helpfull seeing it stuns them for a whole second...
    I can fear them, on cast... which I usualy open with to get an opener (puting dots up) so I can focus on surviving after that.
    I can sheep them... wait... no I can't. 2 sec cast = 5 sec cast = dead. QQ

The only somewhat good cc or spell that makes me live longer that actually helps is a nockback spell I have from my dominator soul. But it's not really that good ether... :S

Nobody really has realized that Doms and chloro's are extremely effective in pvp.

Dominator's are almost overpowered in pvp to be honest. The sheer CC they have is insane but thankfully nobody specs into it at all.

Quote Originally Posted by H3artless View Post
    Dominator's are almost overpowered in pvp to be honest. The sheer CC they have is insane but thankfully nobody specs into it at all.
    A lot of mages are trying out dominators and chloromancers mixed up with various other souls at higher levels. At least in my grouping.

Mages also have the highest dps of all callings, although it often requires preparation, thus reliance on the group and solo weakness.
    Last edited by Schmicks; 03-06-2011 at 02:07 PM.

Yes we're to squishy in this game! D:
    Considering our potential, MAYBE a little bit. And I'm not 100% sure since I haven't played at endgame in good gear yet. And neither did anyone else.

And seeing our damage actually being worse then most classes
    No. If you spec into damage there is no way another calling should outdps you. It can outburst you, considering you wear cloth, but not outdps you.

what's the point of mages?
    Highest dps and highest control of all callings.

I doubt we'll get devestating while protected ... "protected". They can still attack us (atleast ranged rogues can) regardless of being slowed or w/e.
    No they can't. They can't do anything while stunned / disarmed / disoriented / rooted / silenced / energy,focus,mana starved, etc. Play as a team to each of your strengths. This isn't "the other mmo".

We need to be able to cast regardless of being focused.
    No we do not, when you're focused you're supposed to go defensive, kiting away, using instants, etc. Your team is supposed to peel off of you, that's what's being in a team about.

I have a slow which is on a cast, that's very usefull seeing I can't cast that while being focused.
    I have a life stealing dot also is a cast.
    I have a 1 sec stun that is very helpfull seeing it stuns them for a whole second...
    I can fear them, on cast... which I usualy open with to get an opener (puting dots up) so I can focus on surviving after that.
    I can sheep them... wait... no I can't. 2 sec cast = 5 sec cast = dead. QQ

The only somewhat good cc or spell that makes me live longer that actually helps is a nockback spell I have from my dominator soul. But it's not really that good ether... :S
    See... there lies the problem, you dont think or dont take some time to actually look into the specific of the Souls or the playstyle you need as a mage. Life Steal is a 1.5 cast thats mostly good as opening. The 1 second stun can be enhanced to 2.5 seconds... Fear is quite powerful, because you dont need to look at your foe and it applies 8-10 seconds, also in PvP, which is quite long. And let us not forget about "sheep", you can enhance this spell also: make it instant with 0s CD and you can damage them a certain % as long as they are over 70% health and even after that you can enhance it further, so that they receive from the cc breaking spell +50% dmg.

Btw. as soon as someone stand next to you, you dont cast, you jump around and use instants... like someone else already mentioned.

Seriously l2p might be a bit harsh, but take at least some time before you start ranting.
    Last edited by FinalplayerRyu; 03-06-2011 at 03:26 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast