+ Reply to Thread

Thread: To all QQ'ers out there that ask for nerfs based on 1v1 scenarios!!

Shadowlander

Default To all QQ'ers out there that ask for nerfs based on 1v1 scenarios!!

I initially posted this on another thread,as my thoughts after reading a lot of qq'ing about some "so called OP builds in 1v1 scenarios" and decided to start a front thread,so that maybe more players read it and consider before run and cry on the forums for nerfs!!

If you haven't figured out that this game is not meant to be balanced around 1v1(specially cause of the so many options to customize your souls) than you failed to understand the whole game and it's PVP aspects by default!!

Tips 4 you : - get yourself in a decent group,with decent players (before you quee for warrfronts) who also comprehend what "team play"means!

- in a warrfront don't hang out by yourself and try to kill them all like Schwarzenegger in Commando : you are not him,not in a movie and you are not supposed to do that!

-again...in a warfront you and your team should stun,snare,root,confuse,fear,poly and what not that warrior and kill his team healers first (notice that any warrior soul have 0 or 1 max CC breaker,on medium to long cd, that works only for some forms of CC but never all off them,exception being the pvp soul which anyone can have) !!

-if your team is that bad and lets that melee warrior roam free in the back of your team or that void knight unhindered to drain your healers or that saboteur in the bush freely loading charges and blowing up your team mates then YOU DESERVE TO DIE AND LOOSE EVERY WARFRONT YOU PLAY!!!!!

-a lot of players say that most warfronts they join,they face teams with 10+warriors. Let me tell you that this number is totally puled out of the arsch,as from my personal experience,my irl friends that also play and from what I read on general chat channels from my server,CLERICS are the most present...and now,geee,I wander why,and the answer comes in my mind shortly after : prolly because no one interrupts them,silence,CC etc so they sit in the back relaxed,healing or dpsing without concerns!
    Even,if in your case, you face 10+warrior teams,make sure you get in a decent group with healers,CCrs and let them come....you'll see they don't stand a chance vs team play!

PS : Trion if you read this:

Please do not listen to a bunch of qqrs who got owned in 1v1 and then run to the forums to ask for nerfs!Don't start the same vicious circle a big gaming company with a big mmorpg launched out there ( we all know who) did : start listening to qqrs from the forums and throwing nerfs,give all cool abilities under different names to all classes or try to "balance" around pvp/ pve scenarios.
    Don't do the same mistake so after every,patch,hotfix,expansion etc a faceroll specc raise up and every fotm-er plays that ; players on this forums who ask for "idiotic balancing like this" are facerollers from previous mmorpgs who got used to play that 1 man army class who could faceroll anyone 1v1 or that immortal healer who never dies or OOM in a battleground!

Rift,atm, is every pvpers dream! No other mmorpg out there offers so much flexibility and choices to customize and play your class; every calling and soul has access to to lots of UNIQUE and powerful abilities....don't take that away or homogenize it among all classes!!
    Rift's pvp is balanced around team's play! The so "anti classes"(none of them is the anticlass of all the others) are there and needed,so in a warfront if you don't focus or CC the key targets you should loose!

And ffs peeps...warfronts are not meant to be "both teams meat face 2 face in one spot and start banging each other till only 1 stands",there are objectives like ,assaulting,defending,carrying stuffs etc, and hear the uniqueness of classes and team play kicks in and scores the win!!

Please Trion,don't destroy and already amazing game! DON'T FEED THE TROLLS!!!!!!Let them know that Rift is different and it should be played and accepted the way it is NOW!!

Also,don't implement 1v1,2v2 or 3v3 arenas,but even if you do don't allow powerful or superior rewards from them! 5v5's might work cause involves more classes and options to adapt and counteract.

Just my 2 cents...rant me,flame me or approve me but that's how I see the game and that's how I'd LOVE IT TO BE!!

Edit: sorry for the bad english,obviously not my native tongue!

Shadowlander

-a lot of players say that most warfronts they join,they face teams with 10+warriors
    yes people on this forum love to make up facts and qq just because they cant play.
    just now recently i was in a black garden match, where the opposing team had 1 cleric, 1 warrior and 8 rogues.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Deathandtaxes View Post
    Tips 4 you : - get yourself in a decent group,with decent players (before you quee for warrfronts) who also comprehend what "team play"means!
    Would be nice if that actually worked. Since you can only join warfronts with 5 players, there are still 10 other random players that can totally screw the "team play" over. I would like to know what a PvE player would say, when you could only join raids with 5 players and the rest gets picked randomly.

Although i agree with you that a game shouldn't be balanced around 1vs1 scenarios.

Holy War and Peace...

TL;DR

Obviously a warrior worried about the nerf we all know is coming.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seether View Post
    I need 900 valor, and a healer to kill Dankshasta
    "How do i pwn so good?"

DARKFALL PvP!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dankshasta View Post
    Holy War and Peace...

TL;DR

Obviously a warrior worried about the nerf we all know is coming.
    Aye and seeing is join date he probably talks about level 20 or lower

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Montezuma View Post
    Aye and seeing is join date he probably talks about level 20 or lower
    I just joined the forums today and I am above level 20.

All Trion has to do is wait until the next WoW expansion sucks all the terribads back into that game. Then the quality can congregate here and we can deconstruct what is legitimate OP and what is some glass cannon solo artist keyboard turning his way through the game and ending up QQing here. Any DPS class can obliterate bads who solo queue in this game.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Schio View Post
    Would be nice if that actually worked. Since you can only join warfronts with 5 players, there are still 10 other random players that can totally screw the "team play" over. I would like to know what a PvE player would say, when you could only join raids with 5 players and the rest gets picked randomly.

Although i agree with you that a game shouldn't be balanced around 1vs1 scenarios.
    Indeed,this is a system fault atm,hopefully will be fixed soon.But on the other hand,the opposite team also can come up with max 5 "competent" players and the other 5 are randoms.
    Worst case scenario, the other 5 randoms from the opposite team are also players who grasp the "team play"concept,and in that case you can say "the system screwed us"

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Deathandtaxes View Post
    Indeed,this is a system fault atm,hopefully will be fixed soon.But on the other hand,the opposite team also can come up with max 5 "competent" players and the other 5 are randoms.
    Worst case scenario, the other 5 randoms from the opposite team are also players who grasp the "team play"concept,and in that case you can say "the system screwed us"
    I never understood why people solo queue for pvp. They never make random groups to do dungeons, they always get class balance. I say if the carebears demand random pvp, we make them do random dungeons.
    Oh NOES! Another dungeon with no tank and no healers! Get locked out!

+ Reply to Thread