+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Full pvp servers being paired with pve/rp servers?

Default Full pvp servers being paired with pve/rp servers?

Why in the hell are full pvp servers getting the shaft being stuck with people that have no clue how to pvp? I spent 10 min in codex with two rp'ers from harrow sitting at the res rp'ing about their horses. wtf? Is it not really bad enough that in EVERY warfront there's at least two afk *******es sitting back at the res that never fight and only queue a million times to soak up the xp? Not to mention that premades are still being pitted vs pugs, and the battle begins EVERY time before the groups on one side or the other are even matching the numbers of the other side.

Seriously, pair the pve servers and rp servers with each other, and let the pvp servers battle each other as well. Getting thrown in with anywhere from 6-9 people that can't do a thing and don't understand the objectives is getting really old. All of this not being dealt with and making it a fair fight WILL destroy any hope for this game's pvp

There are more than enough pve/rp servers to pit them against each other, and just as it's not even to match them with pvp servers, it's not fair to feed them to the pvp servers that are eating these guys alive. You make it impossible to queue with a premade of more than 5, then match in people that don't pvp? Really? Either make it possible to queue with a 10 man premade, or group servers according to their base players.

Quote Originally Posted by Namorah View Post
    Why in the hell are full pvp servers getting the shaft being stuck with people that have no clue how to pvp? I spent 10 min in codex with two rp'ers from harrow sitting at the res rp'ing about their horses. wtf?
    Haha that's funny...but yeah that sucks. I was also surprised to find that Freeholme is being paired with Laethys a PvE server. Luckily the other server, Emberlord, is also PvP.

Do world pvp instead and you don't have to worry about any of those things.

Rift Disciple

Just be glad the queue times are shorter than they would be otherwise. Besides, when you really want to compete and not just play, a premade is always the best plan.

Actually world PvP isn't nearly enough to build up your favor if you intend to buy those super expensive armor sets. So you kind of have to do warfronts a little. Not to mention they are good xp while leveling and they are also a fun way to have a quick fight while killing time or if you only have a short while to play.

And of course on top of all that the level range is incredibly spread right now with very few 50's. Once a lot of us have hit cap I'm sure world PvP will get more interesting but until then...

Plane Touched

aye I was pretty suprised to see it too.

Definatly needs to be redone because pve server players will not spend as much time pvping (obviously) so will have alot less pvp gear which will mean they will be alot worse in a wf than someone from a pvp server because of pvp gear (won't mention the fact that as a result of pvp'ing more they should have more experience/skill).

Matches could be decided just by how many pvp/pve server players each side has.

Hopefully trion will redo the clusters and move pve servers from pvp clusters

Shadowlander

totally agree with OP!

Coming from a PvE server I'd rather be paired against other PvE servers and not PvP servers.

Champion of Telara

do u really care?

if people are CHOOSING to participate in a warfront.. they SHOULD be there to fight the enemy. meaning it doesnt matter what shard they are from. Some might be silly and rp the whole time.. but if they are fighting while doing it it doesnt matter. Only if they are sitting in the spawn the whole time doing it then id see a problem and that should be looked at as a way of circumventing the afk thing.

Let them fight if they want too. Doesnt affect open world pvp and means faster q's for everyone
    Drakkles - Warrior - Jynxed
    ]

Rift Disciple

I come from a PVP-RP server, and I go into warfronts. If I feel like it, I'll roleplay....while waiting for it to begin. Then I'll go on to fight as much as anyone else will.

You had a bad experience. I can point to being paired with regular PVP server players and facepalming as they didn't know the first thing about fighting.

But I guess it's so easy to paint everything with a single brush

Quote Originally Posted by cKerensky View Post
    I come from a PVP-RP server, and I go into warfronts. If I feel like it, I'll roleplay....while waiting for it to begin. Then I'll go on to fight as much as anyone else will.

You had a bad experience. I can point to being paired with regular PVP server players and facepalming as they didn't know the first thing about fighting.

But I guess it's so easy to paint everything with a single brush
    I'm not sure you're following along here... It has nothing to do with the fact that they like to rp or pve, it has to do with the fact that they are NOT fighting, and when they do, they haven't the slightest clue what the objectives are.

I'm not putting down rp'ers, or people that like to pve, I'm saying it's not an even fight in the slightest. I'm sure there are a few REALLY GREAT pvp'ers that enjoy RP, or pve'ers that like warfronts. I'm not saying stop them from going, but put them in with a group that is equal to their skill/passion for pvp and don't drag the rest of us into being doormats because it's not their first love and make us essentially go in with half a useful team.

The fact that this pisses me off more than people going afk/botting xp completely throwing off ALL balance in the warfronts should say something. It's one thing to know that the guy up top won't be helping, it's quite another to run in and have the guy next to you do nothing because they aren't pvp minded. The teamwork or understanding from people that regularly pvp, know how to counter different situations, different classes etc is lacking.

I don't see an insult in saying pair them with people equal to them, and do the same with us that really want that fight and to have an equal chance in it. If you take offense to that, sorry, but this is just the beginning. Wait until we're all geared to the gills and fighting our butts off and half our team is out because they haven't been interested enough in pvp to gear up/be competitive.
    Last edited by Namorah; 03-06-2011 at 12:24 PM.

Lol.

I should start pro RP in warfronts.

<PREGAME ALLSTARS> Gatoraide - 3x Mage Regulos US PvP
    Nadril -3x Rogue | Guardian | www.zackcerny.net | MAGES ARE THE WORST CLASS

Soulwalker

Maybe it could be feasible that they give one the option when signing up how extensive the matching system is.

Ex: [ ]Match to all available, [ ]Match only to server, [ ]Match only to server type

It may extent your queue time but that would be the sacrifice and your choice to make.
    Last edited by Lawlyss; 03-06-2011 at 12:53 PM.

aux

Pretty amusing how people assume that PvP server players know how to PvP ;p

Quote Originally Posted by aux View Post
    Pretty amusing how people assume that PvP server players know how to PvP ;p

Yeah, that's pretty funny. I'm from PvE shard, and no PvP shard pvp'er is eating me or my guildies alive so far...

The PvP shard (Regulos) players we are paired with are not these elite pvp'ers soul eaters you metioned.

Supposedly the people on PVE servers don't really like PvP that much, but let me tell you, some people don't play on Pvp shards because getting random ganks from players 7+ levels above you isn't much fun, especially when the guy atacking is a bad player that would prob. lose if they were at your level.

Keep it this way I say, should be cool when these pvp badasses show up.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast