+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bias against pvp from the start!

Rift Disciple

Default Bias against pvp from the start!

As expected, there is a systematic bias against PvP oriented players.

I AM FORCED TO PVE IN ORDER TO EXCEL AT PVP.

In beta a divised a system to get to Black Garden with the best gear I can get as soon as possible. I had to do this because I am driven to WIN. You may not understand that last statement. Most don't.

This plan consists of getting out of the starting area ASAP and start hitting the rifts. Even at level 6 I can get to the top of the leader board simply by spamming my big heal. So by level 8 I have the blue staff, 2 blue essence thingies and the blue chest piece.

I WAS FORCED TO PVE IN ORDER TO EXCEL AT PVP.

Level 8-10 was spent farming critters that drop hides. Got my Runecrafting to 80 by making soft leather boots and runebreaking them. NOW I CAN HAZ +5 Spellpower on my staff and +4 intelligence on my chest and shoulders. Oh and +4 endurance on muh feetz!

I WAS FORCED TO CRAFT IN ORDER TO EXCEL AT PVP.

But that's OK crafting is GREAT in this game ( except low end Outfitter gear is level 7 and second tier runes are level 8 HUH?)

So by level 10 I have some (not the purple pants) of the best gear available and definitely the best runes available for PvP.

Now I start in the BG and quickly get all but TWO of the PvP achives, do all the PvP quests and what is my reward?

WHAT IS MY REWARD?
    1. A blue staff that is usable at level 13 that is not as good as the staff I got at level 7 by rifting.
    2. A random green (all plate for me so far) from the PvP daily.
    3. Some "favor" that I can spend at LEVEL 25?

As expected, there is a systematic bias against PvP oriented players FROM THE START.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Sainte View Post
    As expected, there is a systematic bias against PvP oriented players.

I AM FORCED TO PVE IN ORDER TO EXCEL AT PVP.

In beta a divised a system to get to Black Garden with the best gear I can get as soon as possible. I had to do this because I am driven to WIN. You may not understand that last statement. Most don't.

This plan consists of getting out of the starting area ASAP and start hitting the rifts. Even at level 6 I can get to the top of the leader board simply by spamming my big heal. So by level 8 I have the blue staff, 2 blue essence thingies and the blue chest piece.

I WAS FORCED TO PVE IN ORDER TO EXCEL AT PVP.

Level 8-10 was spent farming critters that drop hides. Got my Runecrafting to 80 by making soft leather boots and runebreaking them. NOW I CAN HAZ +5 Spellpower on my staff and +4 intelligence on my chest and shoulders. Oh and +4 endurance on muh feetz!

I WAS FORCED TO CRAFT IN ORDER TO EXCEL AT PVP.

But that's OK crafting is GREAT in this game ( except low end Outfitter gear is level 7 and second tier runes are level 8 HUH?)

So by level 10 I have some (not the purple pants) of the best gear available and definitely the best runes available for PvP.

Now I start in the BG and quickly get all but TWO of the PvP achives, do all the PvP quests and what is my reward?

WHAT IS MY REWARD?
    1. A blue staff that is usable at level 13 that is not as good as the staff I got at level 7 by rifting.
    2. A random green (all plate for me so far) from the PvP daily.
    3. Some "favor" that I can spend at LEVEL 25?

As expected, there is a systematic bias against PvP oriented players FROM THE START.
    You can spend favor on blue items at level 12 gloves and boots and at 18 blue rings and a belt.

Get to level 50

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Scerun View Post
    Get to level 50
    I've successfully PvP'ed w/o most of what you had since beta 5. If you learn to play well, you'll find you don't have to have the blue gear. It's nice, it's helpful, I grab it whenever I can, but it's not necessary.

+ Reply to Thread