+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 78

Thread: Guardians ourfavouring us 3 to 1. Doesn't look good for the future.

  1. #61
    Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    512

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kelledon View Post
    Not ture. All shards are connected for War fronts so it doesnt matter what server your on.
    Actually, that is not true. We are connected with 3 different shards.
    Originally Posted by Rawne
    Awww, are we resorting to insults?

    And here was me thinking we could bestest friends and skip through fields of corn on a summers day.

    Now i'm at a loss what to do, should I fly into a nerd rage and hurl insults back, slope off into a corner crying tears of frustration due to someone i'm never likely to have the pleasure of meeting saying mean things to me on a forum, cancel my pre order due to random stranger hinting that I may "sux at my class" because I didn't bother to check my dps while playing a beta for 2 days (because it's a new game ... my dps at this stage means so much it's like a burning pain in my chest) or do I offer the hug of joy and forget about it all......

    Ahh the choices.....

  2. #62
    Ascendant Visions's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Topeka, Kansas
    Posts
    2,833

    Default

    I keep seeing people say Guardian has an advantage in PvP, can someone tell me how, or why?


    MMORPG played: Everquest I, Dark Age of Camelot, Dungeons and Dragons Online, Everquest II, Aion, Warhammer Online, and Fallen Earth (BETA only).
    We all meet as equals on the battlefield, but we don't leave as such.
    Topeka Photography

  3. #63
    Shield of Telara wallweasels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    742

    Default

    random chance. One side can gain an early advantage just by having more healers. Part of the reason why winning = higher chance of winning again, is that people are generally butthurt and when they lose they get discouraged to play again. Why waste 10 mins getting like 4k xp when I could turn in a few quests and get 8k? this eventually shovels out a group of people on the opposing faction who and causes more new warfront players to take their place.

    Its easy to notice when I'm in warfront and we win, which is like 1:6 games at least, as defiants we stand a good chance to win again because the side that was rolling just cried and left, or at least a few do from the names I see. :P Same goes for almost every time defiants get rolled we usually get rolled and lose 1-2 people who were in last time. Losing repeatively crushed morale and causes people to just not try as hard as they can. For instance I've had games that are 8guardians vs like 3 defiants and I just stood on the wall and danced :| Really hate how games can start without even player-counts.
    Last edited by wallweasels; 03-07-2011 at 11:19 AM.
    the PTS exists for a reason people. Go on, give your feedback, and help make RIFT a better game.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince of a Thousand enemies. And when they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you; digger, listener, runner, Prince with the swift warning. Be cunning, and full of tricks, and your people will never be destroyed.

  4. #64
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    91

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Visions View Post
    I keep seeing people say Guardian has an advantage in PvP, can someone tell me how, or why?
    They don't have an actual advantage. All that seems to be different is that, for whatever reason, they typically have way more healers, particularly heal-spec'd Clerics and Bards, than the Defiants, and also more Warriors (and Warriors are a bit out of control at the moment).

    When you get a match where both teams are set up similarly (i.e. both teams mostly rogues, or both teams mostly clerics or whatever), then things are typically fairly even.

  5. #65
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    106

    Default

    Ok everyone here who's playing at EU ENG servers and wins by far most games as a guardian/loses as defiant all the time, please post that realm name here. Only eng eu please. 'Cause this here on my blightweald is just simply pathetic, we, guardians losing like 90% of all the friggin' games. This is totally pathetic. I just entered 3 different games to see before typing it -- all 3 were already a total loss.

  6. #66
    Telaran Arkzehhh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    80

    Question hmm

    Quote Originally Posted by TheBeast View Post
    Ok everyone here who's playing at EU ENG servers and wins by far most games as a guardian/loses as defiant all the time, please post that realm name here. Only eng eu please. 'Cause this here on my blightweald is just simply pathetic, we, guardians losing like 90% of all the friggin' games. This is totally pathetic. I just entered 3 different games to see before typing it -- all 3 were already a total loss.
    No offense, but did you ever stop too consider that the other team might just be better players and the ppl your getting queues with are just baddy's etc? dont see why its anyones problem but yours/theirs.

  7. #67
    Champion ShaolinSam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    504

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Arkzehhh View Post
    No offense, but did you ever stop too consider that the other team might just be better players and the ppl your getting queues with are just baddy's etc? dont see why its anyones problem but yours/theirs.
    That is exactly, 110%, the reason imho (no sarcasm).

  8. #68
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    252

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rowdysattva View Post
    magipants could stand to have her mom love her a bit more. i am sorry you feel the need to discharge on others like that. you must really be hurting inside.

    this is a thread that isn't asking for faction balancing. it is just stating peoples experience and their reactions to it.

    if only there was a good place to do that. do you think they could maybe have a forum or something?

    you also must not be really good at seeing how the world works? the best minds have always been willing and able to work with limited and anecdotal data. nothing wrong with anecdotal data as long as you understand its context.

    you can predict trends if you know how to do it. maybe that is something only people who where loved by their parents tend to be able to do... i don't know... my data isn't complete enough.

    lighten the load in your pants dude.

    people are here sharing their experience. this the place for it.
    Him, and why bother to respond with a sound argument when you can fling insults about me not being loved enough as a child. The heck does that have to do with anything? I may seem confrontational in my tone, but I know I'm right. Ask anyone who's proficient in statistics about sample sizes and anecdotal evidence's place in trends. Two or three, or even thirty, people saying that they're losing every single match isn't indicative that a certain faction dominates the other. It's entirely within the realm of possibility that they just always end up in the losing groups by happenstance.

    Your line "the best minds have always been willing and able to work with limited and anecdotal data" is asinine and unsupported by anything within your post, and I doubt it could be proved at all. Anecdotal evidence is for certain situations; assessing the warfront win-loss ratio of a faction on a specific server is not one of those situations. Here there's a clear distinction between the two outcomes. There's no wishy-washy "oh, but we tried really, really hard" here, it's win or loss. Now, if you had decided to gather information on, let's say, player satisfaction with their warfront groups, or player opinions on their warfront performance, then THAT would be anecdotal evidence. I would strongly suggest you look up the definition of Anecdotal Evidence before you go spewing your... words all over the forums.

    TL;DR: Rowdy doesn't know what they're talking about, and nothing will probably be balanced until more people are at level cap. Mind you, if Sabos got a good whacking with the nerf bat in the early level brackets, I wouldn't complain...

  9. #69
    Rift Master
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    639

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Magipants View Post
    Him, and why bother to respond with a sound argument when you can fling insults about me not being loved enough as a child. The heck does that have to do with anything? I may seem confrontational in my tone, but I know I'm right. Ask anyone who's proficient in statistics about sample sizes and anecdotal evidence's place in trends. Two or three, or even thirty, people saying that they're losing every single match isn't indicative that a certain faction dominates the other. It's entirely within the realm of possibility that they just always end up in the losing groups by happenstance.

    Your line "the best minds have always been willing and able to work with limited and anecdotal data" is asinine and unsupported by anything within your post, and I doubt it could be proved at all. Anecdotal evidence is for certain situations; assessing the warfront win-loss ratio of a faction on a specific server is not one of those situations. Here there's a clear distinction between the two outcomes. There's no wishy-washy "oh, but we tried really, really hard" here, it's win or loss. Now, if you had decided to gather information on, let's say, player satisfaction with their warfront groups, or player opinions on their warfront performance, then THAT would be anecdotal evidence. I would strongly suggest you look up the definition of Anecdotal Evidence before you go spewing your... words all over the forums.

    TL;DR: Rowdy doesn't know what they're talking about, and nothing will probably be balanced until more people are at level cap. Mind you, if Sabos got a good whacking with the nerf bat in the early level brackets, I wouldn't complain...
    Yeah. same as before. only now i also hurt your feelings. i wish i cared. thing is that three people is NOT going to cut it for a valid study to be taken seriously in terms of research... but anyone who is not a noob researcher knows that sometimes the one guy with little data is actually right.

    just because you haven't run the scientific study doesn't mean you are wrong.

    your post was craptastic and you where and are trying to epeen yourself around. i am sure you are a legend in your own mind cause you are certainly of little importance anywhere else.

    people sharing their experience with wins and losses is actually helpful. if you don't know why its helpful and it doesn't seem helpful to you... then leave. actually see if you CAN let the door hit you on the way out. would be funny.

    and while my statement about all great minds is clearly hyperbole, anyone who is knows anything about the crowd that revolutionized the way we live today knows that they didn't live in the constraints of waiting for all the research to be done.

    anyone who doesn't know the limits of research is a really poor researcher.

    i would like to feel sorry for you, but i don't.

  10. #70
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    173

    Default

    Its different depending on what server and battle group you belong too.. On some servers/Bg Guardians win much more. Perhaps they can change that if its unbalanced? Change some of the battle groups if one side is always winning...

  11. #71
    Rift Master
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    639

    Default

    For what its worth since the game went live i have had fantastic success with the defiant in my shard cluster... deepwood, greybriar, reclaimer, shatterstone. I like that we have more than three shards as well and it is not that guardians lose all the time either. I get some good wins with guardians as well... but defiants give me way more win for the buck.

    Roll a toon in this shard cluster and level up to 10. Join the BG and see how it goes. Easy time investment.

    I can tell you i have seen this same trend all the way up to 39 bracket. I am not higher yet so i can't say what happens there.

  12. #72
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    252

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rowdysattva View Post
    but anyone who is not a noob researcher knows that sometimes the one guy with little data is actually right.
    He may be right, but he has to prove himself with something more substantial than a hunch. Einstein didn't spew out his Theory of Relativity on a post-it and everyone just accepted it. Complex mathematical proofs, theorems, and logic were all used by him to prove his point.

    Quote Originally Posted by rowdysattva View Post
    just because you haven't run the scientific study doesn't mean you are wrong.

    people sharing their experience with wins and losses is actually helpful. if you don't know why its helpful and it doesn't seem helpful to you... then leave. actually see if you CAN let the door hit you on the way out. would be funny.
    Of course it's helpful ... when it's in a quantity larger than a petty handful.

    Quote Originally Posted by rowdysattva View Post
    and while my statement about all great minds is clearly hyperbole, anyone who is knows anything about the crowd that revolutionized the way we live today knows that they didn't live in the constraints of waiting for all the research to be done.
    If you posted something besides wild generalizations, I may be inclined to accept what you say is true. But you have no examples or proof. Who are the members of this "crowd that revolutionized the way we live today"? If you're gonna go off on a tangent about civil rights movements, revolutionary treatises or what have you, remember this. We're talking about statistics. Cold, hard mathematics which are supported by factual, logical proofs. Proofs that are equally bound by Theorems, Axioms, and Laws.

    Quote Originally Posted by rowdysattva View Post
    anyone who doesn't know the limits of research is a really poor researcher.
    Best thing you have said in probably any of the posts you have made on these forums. The irony is incredible.

  13. #73
    Rift Master
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    639

    Default

    You have shown how little you know, especially about Einstien. LOL. You evidence knowing next to nothing about how he actually worked or developed his theories. Its not secret stuff its pretty easy to find. You should do some research about the things you are going to pretend to know about.

    If a guy knows that a deer is in a field but there is no study to prove it, it doesn't mean the guy is wrong. It just means that a study can't prove it. Guy could be right. Guy could know he is right. You can't prove that this can't happen.

    You are ignorant beyond ignorant.

    EDIT:
    Where is your proof or your study to show how many of us there are and what our methods where? You are guessing. You are a hypocrite. You are making educated guesses and privileging it while talking out the other side of your face about it at the same time. Its not a petty few. And even if it was it doesn't invalidate any accuracy that may be found.

    If you don't know why the thread is helpful then move along. If you know why the thread is helpful then contribute.
    Last edited by rowdysattva; 03-07-2011 at 04:39 PM.

  14. #74
    Telaran Aericyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    78

    Default

    I can't see any overall pattern - suppose I don't play WF enough to notice. Seems win some lose some. Sometimes just get stomped into nothing, other times I wonder where all the Guardian players are.

    One constant is the WF chat - people say nothing new, ever. You guys suck! OMG what are you doing? This is terrible, you are terrible. What the hell guys come on! Get the Relic! Loot the Relic, it's right click dumbass! over and over on and on. The biggest whiners come back and say the same crap every match. Same words different game.

    Some self awareness of how silly they sound when talking like that might help everyone.

    PvP PUG psychology will never be perfect. Hard to follow without a leader, harder to lead (and be followed). Unless you are on vent and someone is helping to call targets or keep strategy in everyones mind, just relax in a pug. Being successful in a dungeon requires a point of reference (MT) and a course of action. Same goes in a WF - but doesn't often exist in a PUG that is why, I think win/loss varies so much.

    hehe ah well.

  15. #75
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    252

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rowdysattva View Post
    You have shown how little you know, especially about Einstien. LOL. You evidence knowing next to nothing about how he actually worked or developed his theories. Its not secret stuff its pretty easy to find. You should do some research about the things you are going to pretend to know about.

    If a guy knows that a deer is in a field but there is no study to prove it, it doesn't mean the guy is wrong. It just means that a study can't prove it. Guy could be right. Guy could know he is right. You can't prove that this can't happen.

    You are ignorant beyond ignorant.

    EDIT:
    Where is your proof or your study to show how many of us there are and what our methods where? You are guessing. You are a hypocrite. You are making educated guesses and privileging it while talking out the other side of your face about it at the same time. Its not a petty few. And even if it was it doesn't invalidate any accuracy that may be found.

    If you don't know why the thread is helpful then move along. If you know why the thread is helpful then contribute.
    I'm done arguing with you. While I provide examples supporting my points and validating my stance, all you do is offer little helpful, metaphorical quips. That may have worked wonderfully in English class as evidentiary support, but outside of an Arts degree, it doesn't afford any validity to your argument. You can't have a Theorem or Law without support. Einstein didn't just spit out E=mc^2 in 1905 and decide that it was true because it looked pretty on paper. Math had to be put into proving WHY it could be true.

    Anyways, to contribute to the current discussion.

    I'm on Shatterbone, which is tied with Briarcliff, Reclaimer, and Deepwood for Warfronts. Yesterday, in the 10-19 bracket I won three out of fifteen matches, while in the 40-49 bracket I won 6 out of 10 matches. The day before that, I won 5 out of 5 matches in the 40-49 bracket, and the previous day I won around 13 out of 20 matches in the 30-39 bracket. So there ya have it, I've gone through winning streaks and losing streaks. But the servers are OBVIOUSLY all biased towards Guardian or Defiant. Yuuuuuuuuuuup.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts