+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Guardians ourfavouring us 3 to 1. Doesn't look good for the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Agares View Post
    I'm not sure how all servers work, but on Sunrest we get into warfronts with Lotham and Faeblight. That's it, I have haven't seen any other servers. So I think servers come in groups of three.
    I know this, I don't know why I was corrected tbh. Its a battlegroup system like WoW's.
    Last edited by TheQlu; 03-06-2011 at 11:19 PM.

www.RiftSalvation.com

Clue 50- Cleric - US Deepstrike

Rift Master

Theqlu ---> your comment didn't make it obvious that you knew that shards where grouped together. you only mentioned shards themselves being different, not the group of them.

I have run into many people who think that is it only single shards.

also, i pointed out that i wasn't 100% clear myself. i mentioned i knew that shards where grouped together but not exactly how it worked or what shards where grouped together.

if you know which shards are with which other shards then i would like to know. can you share this or tell me where to find it on my own?

i know there is reclaimer in with my shard but i haven't kept track of who else. i will look for some more now.

Rift Master

I know that it is more than three shards that is for sure.

I see reclaimer, deepwood, greybriar and shatterbone all in this whitefall steppes game. So, its at least four shards per warfront group.

what are the groupings? anyone know?

Soulwalker

I'm on gnarlwood and I see briarcliff, silkweb, and harrow.

Defiants are getting absolutely wrecked in the 30-39 range. We win 1 out of 10 games at best. It also seems like the guardians always have one more player than us and we have at least one afker on top of that. It's a complete mess.

You can always tell when a guardian loses a warfront (finally)... Because for every warfront a guardian loses, they all get on here and QQ about something being OP (obviously the only reason they had lost, right?)..

And it's usually their army of healers to do it.. Since they usually have 5 : 1 healer ratio (included in there are about 3 bard/sab combos) they expect to win.. As they usually do..

But let a good Champion get in there who knows why they call his soul "Champion", and let the tears fall.. That is one advantage we are going to have at max level..

They may have the absolute wall of invincibility and saboheals.. But in the end, our masses of two-handers will challenge and prevail.. Even if all 5 of you break the 100k healed mark..
    Quote Originally Posted by Vember View Post
    Two things decide pvp matches right now - pure healers and champions. Both need to be toned down, neither has anything to do with whether or not there's too much cc and not enough immunity.

Rift Disciple

The healer ratio is uneven on our cluster too. Very annoying... BUT... we always have 5 or 6 rogues in there and the odd caster or two. None of them ever comes to the conclusion it could be helpful to switch to the secondary healing spec. Which I am sure everyone has, right?
    They rather yell "WTF no healers again! We can't win!" in WF chat repeatedly. /boggle
    Just an observation...

Quote Originally Posted by rowdysattva View Post
    Theqlu ---> your comment didn't make it obvious that you knew that shards where grouped together. you only mentioned shards themselves being different, not the group of them.

I have run into many people who think that is it only single shards.

also, i pointed out that i wasn't 100% clear myself. i mentioned i knew that shards where grouped together but not exactly how it worked or what shards where grouped together.

if you know which shards are with which other shards then i would like to know. can you share this or tell me where to find it on my own?

i know there is reclaimer in with my shard but i haven't kept track of who else. i will look for some more now.
    Not really sure if you're a troll or just not very bright but I'll take a stab at this one.

Various shards are linked together for the purpose of Warfronts in 3-server CLUSTERS.
    When you mouse over a target (friendly or enemy) it will give their name followed by a @(shard-name) if they are from another server.

So yeah all of this QQ is pointless b/c
    1) Various clusters will favor one faction or the other. This has absolutely nothing to do with any other cluster which may be imbalanced in the opposite way

2) Its a DAMN WARFRONT. Sides are balanced from the get go, if they aren't then it would wait until all conditions are met for a queue.

My suggestions to all of the people that posted in this thread are as follows.(Not in any particular order)
    Make a friend.
    Figure out the difference between joining WF solo vs as a group
    L2P

Or, at the VERY LEAST, stop posting on this board. There are far far better ways to show the world how willfully ignorant you are.

Good Day!!!

Rift Master

@Grixxitt ---> you are one of my favorite people. the kind of person who goes around looking down on people from their superior position and disdaining to help them... only to offer advice that is more ignorant and misinformed than that which they attempt to correct.

you might want to actually play the game. you might want to actually pvp alittle. you might want to do either of these before you pretend to know the game.

i made it clear that i know there is MORE THAN ONE shard in the warfronts together. i made it clear that what i didn't know was if there was a list that would show us which shards are grouped with which other shards. you didn't make this second point any clearer and offered no help. you mentioned what was already well established in this post.

then you went on to spread misinformantion. i have verified that there are FOUR... read that slowly and see if you can comprehend it... FOUR... in case this is hard for you, FOUR is NOT THREE... and there are four shards in my warfronts. so at a minimum it is four shards per group NOT three, at least in my grouping.

Quote Originally Posted by rowdysattva View Post
    @Grixxitt ---> you are one of my favorite people. the kind of person who goes around looking down on people from their superior position and disdaining to help them... only to offer advice that is more ignorant and misinformed than that which they attempt to correct.

you might want to actually play the game. you might want to actually pvp alittle. you might want to do either of these before you pretend to know the game.

i made it clear that i know there is MORE THAN ONE shard in the warfronts together. i made it clear that what i didn't know was if there was a list that would show us which shards are grouped with which other shards. you didn't make this second point any clearer and offered no help. you mentioned what was already well established in this post.

then you went on to spread misinformantion. i have verified that there are FOUR... read that slowly and see if you can comprehend it... FOUR... in case this is hard for you, FOUR is NOT THREE... and there are four shards in my warfronts. so at a minimum it is four shards per group NOT three, at least in my grouping.
    Look, there may be a 2 or 4 server cluster out there depending on how today's server count wound up and/or the activity of specific shards but I don't see how any of my other points are invalid given the title of this thread.

There was actually a thread in general that had the server clusters on it, if I come across it I'll come back and link

Telaran

Just played 25 warfronts and won 2 as Defiant >.<

I even switched to a Chloromancer healer to try and help because I thought it was healing that was low, but people on Defiant, just seem rather "dim" they don't seem to have any urgency or care about the win which is really disappointing.

Rift Master

Dippy which shard are you on?

If you want to win a fair amount come on over to deepwood, greybriar, recliamer or shatterstone. As far as i can see the defiant is really strong here. Not 100% win strong but at least 50% and probably more.

Rift Master

In lower level brackets i have over an 80% win ratio on my defiants in this shard cluster.

Rift Master

I would recommend anyone who really wants to do well with defiant pvp to come to this shard cluster (deepwood, greybriar, reclaimer and shatterstone).

I can only speak for deepwood and reclaimer but reclaimer is pvp with a lot of good pvpers on and some good pvp guilds. Deepwood is a high pop good economy with good guilds pve server.

Shatterstone and greybriar may be just as or more awesome i only know about the other two.

Defiant is strong in the ways of winning here.

Of course i would like the awesome skilled good pvpers to come on over more than anyone else... but everyone is free to reroll here.

Quote Originally Posted by Karpathias View Post
    It's the opposite in mine, Guardians get stomped all the time... I guess it depends on your shard.
    Not ture. All shards are connected for War fronts so it doesnt matter what server your on.

Rift Master

@Kelledon ---> honest question for you. how much of this thread have you read?

another honest question. how do you know all shards are linked? what data do you have to support that claim?

people have been posting that ONLY 2 to 4 shards are LINKED for warfronts. this means that NO NOT ALL SHARDS ARE LINKED... and YES IT WILL VARY FROM SHARD SYSTEM TO SHARD SYSTEM.

I ONLY EVER see people from FOUR SPECIFIC SHARDS in warfronts with me and many people have reported that they are ONLY EVER on with three shards.

this is NOT wow. not all realms are automatically linked in bgs. they can do things different here.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast