+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Guardians ourfavouring us 3 to 1. Doesn't look good for the future.

Rift Master

Also for what its worth i have been in que now, today with both my defiants and guardians. My defiant had six games and i lost two of them. My guardian has had four games and i have won one of them.

I am not sure this looks bad for the defiants. It could be that the guardian awesome players are leveled faster. If the lower level guys keep leveling up then it actually looks good for the defiants.

Soulwalker

I'm guardian and in 10-19 and 20-29 I'd say I won the vast majority of my games. Had a losing streak or two, but for the most part it was back to back wins. I played a bard and frequently had the top spot in healing (not because I'm great, just that bards do really good aoe healing) so maybe that had something to do with it. Sometimes I feel bad for defiants, that is until some world pvp comes around and there are 50 of them to 20 of us.

Whats up with people crying that Guardian's rolled their side to be on the "easy winning" side? Personally I rolled them because I didn't want longer PvP queues as Defiant and I didn't want to be on the overpopulated side.

The fact that we're winning a lot of warfronts is probably a product of what kind of players rolled there.

<PREGAME ALLSTARS> Gatoraide - 3x Mage Regulos US PvP
    Nadril -3x Rogue | Guardian | www.zackcerny.net | MAGES ARE THE WORST CLASS

As a Defiant, in 10-19 I hardly lost a game. I played a few nights of nothing but running Warfronts and can count on one hand how many games I lost.

When I moved onto 20-29, the win/loss ratio wasn't so good, but I've still been winning the majority of the games I took part in. 20-29 was much more fun, felt more balanced in terms of the teams, we weren't completely steamrolling the opposition.

Since I just hit 32, I have yet to step foot in the Warfronts in this bracket, but in the earlier brackets, it seems everyone's experience could be quite a bit different. You win some, you lose some.

Rift Master

@cyrant LOL dude, just LOL.

NO its not better players guardian side. you win because you roll in a premade. not guardian, you personally.

i play guardian AND defiant. normally defiant win FAR more. much more.

I am now up to six games on my guardian and a winning ratio of three games. i will be in que for awhile and see how this plays out for today. it is not anything fancy, just the personal experience of one day played with all the context and constraints that this places on the results.

Rift Master

Make that eight games played as guardian and four wins. Going on nine now.

Plane Touched

So we're going to base faction balance upon the following:
    • an incomplete view of the game due to the majority of the player base being sub-level cap
    • a few pieces of anecdotal evidence supplied by a ragtag few, and disputed by an equal number
    • an skewed need for instant-gratification at every turn
    Sounds like an absolutely HORRID way to determine an MMO's worth/effectiveness. Quite honestly, I'm beginning to get fed up with all the people crying wolf on the forums. Why do you think levelling in this game is so rapid? So people can reach level cap faster. Why do you think you can't twink a char and level-lock them? So you're forced to reach level cap. This SHOULD indicate to people that PvP, as well as PvE, balancing will occur AT LEVEL CAP.

Losing matches can be due to any number of things. You could be facing premade teams who communicate over some sort of VOIP (such as ventrilo or teamspeak), the other side being comprised of a more balanced makeup than your own, or (I'm not trying to sound like an *** here) you could be facing people who are quite honestly better at PvP than yourself.

Rift Master

magipants could stand to have her mom love her a bit more. i am sorry you feel the need to discharge on others like that. you must really be hurting inside.

this is a thread that isn't asking for faction balancing. it is just stating peoples experience and their reactions to it.

if only there was a good place to do that. do you think they could maybe have a forum or something?

you also must not be really good at seeing how the world works? the best minds have always been willing and able to work with limited and anecdotal data. nothing wrong with anecdotal data as long as you understand its context.

you can predict trends if you know how to do it. maybe that is something only people who where loved by their parents tend to be able to do... i don't know... my data isn't complete enough.

lighten the load in your pants dude.

people are here sharing their experience. this the place for it.

Rift Master

and in other news i have now played in 11 warfronts on the ally side and won 6 games! hooray it was a tie-breaker for the guardians!

i am in game 12 and it looks like we will lose though.

at any rate. today, at this time, in these warfronts neither side has been dominant.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by rowdysattva View Post
    @cyrant LOL dude, just LOL.

NO its not better players guardian side. you win because you roll in a premade. not guardian, you personally.

i play guardian AND defiant. normally defiant win FAR more. much more.

I am now up to six games on my guardian and a winning ratio of three games. i will be in que for awhile and see how this plays out for today. it is not anything fancy, just the personal experience of one day played with all the context and constraints that this places on the results.
    yesterday I played on my gaurdian and we won every single match. Today on my defiant and we lost all but 2 matches.
    Originally Posted by Rawne
    Awww, are we resorting to insults?

And here was me thinking we could bestest friends and skip through fields of corn on a summers day.

Now i'm at a loss what to do, should I fly into a nerd rage and hurl insults back, slope off into a corner crying tears of frustration due to someone i'm never likely to have the pleasure of meeting saying mean things to me on a forum, cancel my pre order due to random stranger hinting that I may "sux at my class" because I didn't bother to check my dps while playing a beta for 2 days (because it's a new game ... my dps at this stage means so much it's like a burning pain in my chest) or do I offer the hug of joy and forget about it all......

Ahh the choices.....

Rift Master

At this point i am seven wins and nine losses. This is on my guardian toon in the 20 to 29 bracket.

Doesn't seem like guardian is always winning to me.

Sword of Telara

I think the biggest question is are you queing solo or as a group?

if as a group, half the problem is your group =p

if solo... well you're going against groups that are premade.

Telaran

All but one of the maps seem to have a rather balanced win/loss ratio.

Codex is a giant pile of wank for the defiants thanks to the choke point leading out of their spawn (guardian pre-made sitting on vault = game over), but the other maps seem to average out even.

Rift Master

Darkparoh can you say what brackets you where in?

I have a toon in the 30-39 bracket as well and i just logged them and will play some games to see what happens there.

None of this is definitive i am aware. But i like to see some actual numbers instead of just "always win" and "always lose".

You gave some numbers so this is not at you. Just beginning of thread had little numbers in it.

My first game today in 30s and we won. I asked in bg chat if guardians win usually and mentioned the forum noise. they laughed and said i had been lied to.

Match we won was in codex. in whitefall now.

I win almost every single battle in Codex as Guardian, but in the other WFs it is far more even.

I've also noticed that Defiants join with premades far more often, and once that starts it's time to stop queueing for the night.

G.T.L.

Gaming. Table tennis. Library.

IT'S T-SHIRT TIME!!!

Character:

[GUARDIAN] Level 4X High Elf Rogue

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast